Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 08-18-2010, 01:11 PM   #11
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Moto: 2009 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
Looks like a nice trip, just too far out of the way for me
Well, you do have a little one on the way, so I'll let it slide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
I'll be up at 3 mile bay NY on friday and albany on sat if you swing that far east
Probably won't make it to Niagra until at least Saturday or Sunday, so won't be able to make it over to albany.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
While in St Ignace stop at the Mackinaw Grill on business 75. Great fish there. don't stay at the days inn in St ignace it sucks. the place I stayed back in 07 was awesome think it was the comfort inn just up the street.
I'm hoping to avoid hotels and stay at some campgrounds. All depends on weather when I stop, as well as timing of the stops. Thanks for the advice on food!
Captain Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:20 PM   #12
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Moto: Empty Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
Well, you do have a little one on the way, so I'll let it slide.

Probably won't make it to Niagra until at least Saturday or Sunday, so won't be able to make it over to albany.

I'm hoping to avoid hotels and stay at some campgrounds. All depends on weather when I stop, as well as timing of the stops. Thanks for the advice on food!
When you get to ohio camping wise, I suggest three places depending on how north south you will be. South of columbus I would suggest checking out camp grounds near Old Mans Cave. Up north of Cbus is Moheican state park, which is near Mid ohio racetrack. Then if you are super north, aka east of cleveland, I would check out Geneva on the Lake. I believe they have some campgrounds, a neat little town, and some killer back roads....

As far as whats to do, that just depends on which one you pick.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Porkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:25 PM   #13
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

When you in OH on 71 north between Mansfield and Akron, let me know as I'm in between (Lodi is closest). I'll stop and meet you for lunch or supper if I'm able. I'll PM my number to you.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:54 PM   #14
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
When you in OH on 71 north between Mansfield and Akron, let me know as I'm in between (Lodi is closest). I'll stop and meet you for lunch or supper if I'm able. I'll PM my number to you.
Are you kidding me??? Do you live near the Lodi outlets??? I didn't know you lived that close to my grandma.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 08-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #15
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
Are you kidding me??? Do you live near the Lodi outlets??? I didn't know you lived that close to my grandma.
Yep. It takes me about 10-15 minutes to get the outlets. I went to elementary school in Burbank.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:08 PM   #16
Porkchop
125GP Champion

Wow, my family comes from Grafton. Like 15 minutes from Lodi outlets. When I took over the Mansfield store for 8 weeks I was driving 303 to 83 to 71. (Normally 303 to 301) I was just there for 4 days last week.
1999 Yamaha R6 - Sold
Old 08-18-2010, 11:12 PM   #17
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porkchop View Post
When you get to ohio camping wise, I suggest three places depending on how north south you will be. South of columbus I would suggest checking out camp grounds near Old Mans Cave. Up north of Cbus is Moheican state park, which is near Mid ohio racetrack. Then if you are super north, aka east of cleveland, I would check out Geneva on the Lake. I believe they have some campgrounds, a neat little town, and some killer back roads....

As far as whats to do, that just depends on which one you pick.
I'll keep those in mind, but I don't expect I'll be camping in OH. I'll likely just leave the Buffalo area Monday morning and ride straight through back home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
If the trip goes as expected, I'll likely be through there around lunch time Monday. Thanks for your number, I'll PM mine to you.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:54 PM   #18
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

oops just seen this, by now you've already blown by me. good luck on the road trip though. looks like a good route. i was wondering about the New London stop until I read your post about a friend.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #19
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

I'm 50 times too late...

but you should have gone to the HD Bike Museum in Milwalkie. And way to go within 1hr of me.

I can't give you any advice cause you are gone. Oh... I'll text ya.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #20
Captain Morgan
Let's do another U-turn

Stopped at hotel near the falls. God, it's expensive. But, by tent got extremely soaked last night and the waterproofing apparently didn't work. The storm was pretty bad and we got a ton of rain. Had to pack up a wet tent, sleeping bag etc. and had no way to let them dry. Plus, it rained on me even more on the ride over to the falls. My phone is on roam up here in Canader, so I haven't been sending pics to FB since crossing the border. I'll post up a full ride report when I get back home Monday. It's been a pretty damn good trip, aside from paying for this hotel. Probably should have said hell with it and slept in wet gear.

Seems like I missed everyone from the forum. Oh well, next time.