Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2011, 08:35 PM   #37
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
Ah yes, gotta love the drywell entry teams when they are making sure that we have purged the Nitrogen out of it and you have to go in with double PC's and on a SCBA respirator. Thats double AWESOME. not to mention when you go in for 2 hour long surveillances and you are in pc's with extra gloves to protect yourself from steam temps.

I had to go into our Feedpump room and close an instrument valve that had a busted line spewing 500° steam with a proximity suit. Looks like the fire suits that oil drillers where to put out the oil fires.

Then the suit that Trip is talkin bout (45 cal) is a bitch in this weather. Gotta wear for flash protection so we don't get all toastie if the break decides it wants not cooperate. It can get upwards of 125° in that damn thing and look like Darth Vader, completely covered and very HOT.
Yeah I am damn glad I am not one of you guys. I couldn't do that shit all the time. Back when I had the motor program, I chased the Radcon guys into the can as soon as we were allowed to go in for outages. We had to do inspections with the RCP motors still running. So I was literally one of the first people in the can. It was only an hour job, but I hated every minute of doing it and dreaded it every time I had to do it. We have 4 motors, I only made it to 3 the first time I did it. I was forced out because of heat exhaustion. Had to have another engineer finish the inspection for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote