PDA

View Full Version : CF/TWF Rally South

Pages : [1] 2 3

Amorok
11-25-2008, 12:07 PM
OK folks, I need to know how many people are for sure attending this May and plan to stay at the Holiday Inn in Blairsville, at least as you plan now. Please click the poll yes or no, post whatever you want but VOTE IN THE POLL!

I realize things might change, but for now I need to be able to present a number so I can get the group rate nailed down. They want a number to calulate by, so I'm planning to go high and get a lower rate. I hope to see as many of you there as possible.

FT BSTRD
11-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Hells yeah! Rally in Suches?

I'm in.

cuttle
11-25-2008, 01:42 PM
OK folks, I need to know how many people are for sure attending this May and plan to stay at the Holiday Inn in Blairsville, at least as you plan now. Please click the poll yes or no, post whatever you want but VOTE IN THE POLL!

I realize things might change, but for now I need to be able to present a number so I can get the group rate nailed down. They want a number to calulate by, so I'm planning to go high and get a lower rate. I hope to see as many of you there as possible.

a rally in a hotel??? :idk:

Campground and cabins FTW

Amorok
11-25-2008, 03:24 PM

Campground and cabins FTW

So you won't be staying in the hotel? Good to know. Hey, go ahead and CLICK THE NO BUTTON.

Mr Lefty
I'll probably just make other accommodations... :idk: just in case I need to cancel as this is only like 2 weeks before the track day so my new job may not be totally cool...

FT BSTRD
We normally stay in a cabin in Suches that will sleep 20.

Cruzergirl
11-25-2008, 03:30 PM
I hope to have my bike by then so , yes, I'll be there.

Phenix_Rider
11-25-2008, 07:12 PM
Tentative yes. Those dates look good so far.

Trip
11-25-2008, 09:50 PM
I am planning on coming.

Mr Lefty
11-25-2008, 10:13 PM
how far is this from you trip?

Trip
11-25-2008, 10:34 PM
how far is this from you trip?

couple hours, reasonably close.

Mr Lefty
11-25-2008, 10:37 PM
yeah I think I'll be there... for the weekend if nothing else...

what are you doing for hotel?

Trip
11-25-2008, 10:49 PM
yeah I think I'll be there... for the weekend if nothing else...

what are you doing for hotel?

I will probably stay where they are staying.

Mr Lefty
11-25-2008, 10:51 PM
ok...

hopefully I can find something there in April... I can't commit this early.... not with the track day a couple weeks later

ericr
11-26-2008, 12:21 AM
I'm up for the Holiday Inn. See y'all there :dthumb:

unknownroad
11-26-2008, 01:15 PM

Absolutely! Indoor plumbing and air conditioning FTW! :dthumb:

cuttle
11-26-2008, 01:32 PM
Absolutely! Indoor plumbing and air conditioning FTW! :dthumb:

you don't need no stinkin air condition in the mountains :idk:

bunch of wussies :whistle:

LittleTaz
11-26-2008, 06:50 PM
you don't need no stinkin air condition in the mountains :idk:

bunch of wussies :whistle:

Wussie #1 reporting for duty! :lol:

The older I get, the more I appreciate the finer things in life... indoor plumbing is super fine in my book :dthumb:

rogue
11-26-2008, 09:02 PM

The older I get, the more I appreciate the finer things in life... indoor plumbing is super fine in my book :dthumb:

I guess I'm not as old as you because it doesn't bother me. :lol:

I can't commit to anything just yet. I have a couple of other friends that may be coming with me as well, plus I need to get with a couple of other people about some more arrangements.

cuttle
11-26-2008, 09:05 PM

I'm sure you could handle a cabin... after all, you are not much older than me. :wink:

LittleTaz
11-26-2008, 09:07 PM
Cabins are fine, outhouses... not so much...

rogue
11-26-2008, 10:09 PM
Meh, if worse comes to worse, a tent and a sleeping bag doesn't bother me. :)

Amorok
12-03-2008, 09:09 PM
You can always room with me kid. But I snore. And talk in my sleep. And I'll probably...well, maybe you'd better not bunk with me after all.

derf
12-03-2008, 11:29 PM

I'll bring the tent if you bring the sleeping bag

Amber Lamps
12-03-2008, 11:51 PM

Alright,I'll share a sleeping bag with you! You and your flirty hinting....hey that's the weekend of my birthday!!

byron12
12-04-2008, 02:10 AM
I would actually recommend lake winfield scott on 180 you are already right in the middle of the twisties and there are cabins, campground, and group campsite available. The campground features indoor plumbing, a lake full of trout. Lake winfield scott > holiday inn in blairsville.

Amorok
12-04-2008, 03:48 PM
I would actually recommend lake winfield scott on 180 you are already right in the middle of the twisties and there are cabins, campground, and group campsite available. The campground features indoor plumbing, a lake full of trout. Lake winfield scott > holiday inn in blairsville.

Hey, if you can get us a good group rate on the cabins I'm all for it, Holiday Inn won't get back to me.

rogue
12-04-2008, 07:47 PM
LOL! You guys are funny! I already have a plan A & B, though. Thanks for the offers....I think. :lol:

PhiSig1071
12-08-2008, 06:16 PM
Sweet!

I think I'll probably stay at TWO, I might camp, or I might sleep in the main cabin there.

Ft BStrd, where do you stay? Can I chip in some money and stay at the cabin you guys are going to be in? Maybe we could get a bunch of people there.

Sixxxxer
12-08-2008, 06:21 PM
LOL! You guys are funny! I already have a plan A & B, though. Thanks for the offers....I think. :lol:

What she didnt Mention was I'm Plan A and B

:pat:

rogue
12-09-2008, 09:28 AM
What she didnt Mention was I'm Plan A and B

:pat:

:lol: :lol:

You're silly :nee:

cuttle
12-09-2008, 09:48 AM
TWO would be great: http://www.twowheelsonly.com/#Amenities

Pansies can book a cabin, everybody else can camp and sit around a fire pit

rogue
12-09-2008, 09:56 AM
TWO would be great: http://www.twowheelsonly.com/#Amenities

Pansies can book a cabin, everybody else can camp and sit around a fire pit

Sounds awesome! I've been wanting to go there! :rockwoot:

PhiSig1071
12-09-2008, 11:09 AM
TWO Rocks!

Plus the food is outstanding.

tommymac
12-10-2008, 02:55 PM
I would be a pansy and take a cabin. I need to see if anyone from up here will travel down. Derf is deployed so I dont know when he will be back. Another friend from CF may head down with me though.

Tom

rogue
12-11-2008, 07:08 AM
I'll be there! I just don't know where I'll be staying and probably won't know until the last minute....as my usual. :lol:

Archren
12-11-2008, 07:50 AM
Originally I was going to be able to make it since I don't mobilize until June, but I found out this past weekend that we're going to be training for 3 weeks starting on the 11th of May, so unless I *fly* back from Suches (as in on an airplane.. not speeding :lol:), I don't think I'll make it. :(

rogue
12-11-2008, 08:27 AM
Originally I was going to be able to make it since I don't mobilize until June, but I found out this past weekend that we're going to be training for 3 weeks starting on the 11th of May, so unless I *fly* back from Suches (as in on an airplane.. not speeding :lol:), I don't think I'll make it. :(

Damn. That sucks. You won't be in Austin when I ride over for the weekend next year either. :(

HokieDNA01
12-15-2008, 10:18 AM
I'm hoping the BF and I will be able to make it this year. We will most likely end up camping.

Redd
12-21-2008, 06:56 PM
Im working on trying to get down there for this meet.

PhiSig1071
12-29-2008, 03:55 PM
This is going to be SO much fun! Can't wait!

tommymac
01-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Im working on trying to get down there for this meet.

NOOOOOOO you will beat me in highest mileage if I come from NY :lol:

Tom

rogue
01-02-2009, 03:37 PM

Tom

Are you coming to the Rally, Tom? :D

It's about 600 miles to Suches for me. I'm going to make that run in one day. I haven't been on a long distance trip in a couple of years so I'm probably going to regret it. :lol:

Redd
01-02-2009, 04:56 PM

Tom

809 miles for me....it makes my ass hurt thinking about it. lol

Mr Lefty
01-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Are you coming to the Rally, Tom? :D

It's about 600 miles to Suches for me. I'm going to make that run in one day. I haven't been on a long distance trip in a couple of years so I'm probably going to regret it. :lol:

if I can get the time off work I'll be heading from Biloxi... we can meet up if ya want...

rogue
01-03-2009, 12:39 AM
if I can get the time off work I'll be heading from Biloxi... we can meet up if ya want...

That would be awesome! :D I hate slabbing by myself. But be prepared for a pee break about every 100 miles. I have the bladder of a sixth month old Chihuahua. :sorry:

Mr Lefty
01-03-2009, 01:05 AM
ehh that's alright... I think Rae and I turned a 9hr ride into a 12.5 hr one just take'n our time bs'n at stops and what not... Maybe Amorok will be down to come... and we could meet Rae and maybe a few others along the way...:idk:

but all depends if I can get the time off... :luck:

rogue
01-03-2009, 01:17 AM
ehh that's alright... I think Rae and I turned a 9hr ride into a 12.5 hr one just take'n our time bs'n at stops and what not... Maybe Amorok will be down to come... and we could meet Rae and maybe a few others along the way...:idk:

but all depends if I can get the time off... :luck:

That would be really cool!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get the time off! :D

Mr Lefty
01-03-2009, 01:34 AM
yeah me too... though with it being in may I should be good... *SHOULD* :lol:

and it'd be awesome to have a group of us ride up together...

rogue
01-03-2009, 01:44 AM
yeah me too... though with it being in may I should be good... *SHOULD* :lol:

and it'd be awesome to have a group of us ride up together...

I think it would be too. I don't get a chance to ride with a group often. And it would definitely make me feel better not making the whole trip by myself. I'd certainly feel safer. :lol:

Mr Lefty
01-03-2009, 01:50 AM
I hear ya... personally I love the company... but not having it doesn't change much for me...cept for time stopped. :lol: i tend to just gas and go when on my own

rogue
01-03-2009, 02:19 AM
I hear ya... personally I love the company... but not having it doesn't change much for me...cept for time stopped. :lol: i tend to just gas and go when on my own

Me too, well, except for restroom stops. But I hurry as quick as I can. :lol:

Company would just make me feel safer especially since I'm so mechanically inept. What the hell would I do if something happens with the bike? It's not that I'm leery of riding by myself or any other preconceived dangers that can happen to me as a person. I can take care of myself! I'm more worried about the bike. :lol:

Mr Lefty
01-03-2009, 02:37 AM
as weird as this may sound... for me... that's part of the attraction... what could go wrong... I love it... that's not to say I drain all but half the oil out then run 500 miles at 80 in 2nd gear... I do my preventive maintenance... and always have a back up plan... and a cell phone and cash.

take my Indy trip... I wrecked 40 or so miles south of Chicago... but was able to rent a truck and haul it back to my parents 800 miles away... but looking back... I wouldn't change a bit of it... even in the immedate moments after my wreck... I thought... wow... i'm gonna remember this trip forever.

from packing my broken tent and gear in and riding for 3 hrs in hurricaine Ike... to Riding the gap, the journey through central KY, hang'n out with friends I'd never met, to the wreck... it all adds to the memory...

to be honest I'm not sure I'd take a trip if I was 100% sure nothing was gonna happen... :idk:

rogue
01-03-2009, 03:07 AM
as weird as this may sound... for me... that's part of the attraction... what could go wrong... I love it... that's not to say I drain all but half the oil out then run 500 miles at 80 in 2nd gear... I do my preventive maintenance... and always have a back up plan... and a cell phone and cash.

take my Indy trip... I wrecked 40 or so miles south of Chicago... but was able to rent a truck and haul it back to my parents 800 miles away... but looking back... I wouldn't change a bit of it... even in the immedate moments after my wreck... I thought... wow... i'm gonna remember this trip forever.

from packing my broken tent and gear in and riding for 3 hrs in hurricaine Ike... to Riding the gap, the journey through central KY, hang'n out with friends I'd never met, to the wreck... it all adds to the memory...

to be honest I'm not sure I'd take a trip if I was 100% sure nothing was gonna happen... :idk:

You have a point. I've taken a couple of short (500 miles or less) trips by myself. I had numbers of different people who I could contact along the way if anything happened. I *know* I can make a long trip and can prepare for some things to happen as I've done them before, but they made me anxious, especially as I'm leaving out. Once I get going, it's not so bad. Still, companionship is always nice. :)

Sixxxxer
01-03-2009, 03:13 AM
Agreed...I like riding alone...but I prefer to be with someone if I'm on a longer exursion.

rogue
01-03-2009, 03:14 AM
Agreed...I like riding alone...but I prefer to be with someone if I'm on a longer exursion.

Are you coming down to the rally? :D

Sixxxxer
01-03-2009, 03:18 AM
I'm Seriously Considering it...I would probably ride alone for most of it...and that scares me alittle...but fuck it...once i get going I'll be ok

Mr Lefty
01-03-2009, 03:22 AM
talk Dave in to coming down... maybe marko or Phenix, or JoJo would be intrested in coming down...

Sixxxxer
01-03-2009, 03:24 AM
its a LONGGGGGGGGGGGG ride...Roughly 14 hours from where I live to Suches.

We'll see...myrlte Bike week is aroudn the same time and I know alot of my riding buddies arew goign to that (as well as myself) but I might do both...Fuck it I desere a kickass vacation. I'll just meet them there

rogue
01-03-2009, 03:27 AM
I'm Seriously Considering it...I would probably ride alone for most of it...and that scares me alittle...but fuck it...once i get going I'll be ok

First long trips by yourself can be a little daunting. The first one I took I almost puked in the parking lot before I left but once I was on the road I was fine.

I'm going to The Gap while I'm in the area too. :rockwoot:

Lamnidae
01-03-2009, 08:01 AM
A good four hours or so from my place to Suches.

Ebbs, ya are welcome to drop in for a breather on your way there, if ya wanna make the leg up this way. Who knows, i just might ride there with ya :dthumb:

tommymac
01-04-2009, 05:58 AM
its a LONGGGGGGGGGGGG ride...Roughly 14 hours from where I live to Suches.

We'll see...myrlte Bike week is aroudn the same time and I know alot of my riding buddies arew goign to that (as well as myself) but I might do both...Fuck it I desere a kickass vacation. I'll just meet them there

if I wind up going we can meet up somewhere since i wll be comming from the NYC area. the plan was to meet derf and we were going to head down and maybe try to get an iron butt patch, but he had to go and get deployed to afghanistan.

Tom

tommymac
01-04-2009, 05:59 AM
809 miles for me....it makes my ass hurt thinking about it. lol

Oh then its ok I think its 880 miles from my place :lol:

Tom

Mr Lefty
01-04-2009, 06:07 AM
where you at tom? NY?

tommymac
01-04-2009, 06:12 AM
where you at tom? NY?

yes I live on long island in nassau county and am right near the border of Queens (NYC) but by may I will prolly be moving further east on the island.

Tom

Mr Lefty
01-04-2009, 06:15 AM
ahh ok... just take'n note... plan'n a trip to Newfoundland... so I make note of all fellow members along my route :wink: :lol:

defiantly get all the damn PA and NJ folks and head down...

tommymac
01-04-2009, 06:20 AM
What do you guys think about this?

maplost has me going this way

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Elmont&1s=NY&2c=Suches&2s=GA

now you think it woul dbe shorter/easier to slab 95 down to 85? that was the way we went going to the gap and it seemed to work prety well. Although 85 is boring as hell and there are tons of places for the popo to hide out there. Plus if I take 95 I get hit for tolls on the njtpke, the bridge leaving joisey, and the tunnel through baltimore, plus whatever else is further south.

Tom

Mr Lefty
01-04-2009, 06:26 AM
My Garmin software says 95 south to 85... 20 miles less... but 2 hrs less... :idk:

Mr Lefty
01-04-2009, 06:30 AM
I have it set to avoid tolls and it still says 95 south... :idk:

tommymac
01-04-2009, 06:34 AM
I have it set to avoid tolls and it still says 95 south... :idk:

thats odd, with all the tolls on 95. For the njtpke I can jump off at 295 and take that to 195 south, but would have to see about bypassing the bridge out of jersey and avoiding baltimore and DC esp depending on what times I leave.

That link about the cabbott trail has me thinking too, if I dont do any track days this year I may try getting up there.

Tom

Mr Lefty
01-04-2009, 06:39 AM
well my plan is to head up there next summer (2010) try'n to get Rae (The Chi) and Ambly to go as well... actually the plan is to head all the way up to Newfoundland... figure'n about a 15 day trip... with easy days... 400-600 miles... all about 7-9 hrs of pure riding (not including gas, food, or photo stops)

I can't fuck'n wait!

Mr Lefty
01-04-2009, 06:41 AM
this is gonna be my route... as I'll be meeting Rae.. http://www.mapquest.com/mq/8-wVeB5Ad36Ofu

too much slab... :(

tommymac
01-04-2009, 07:01 AM
well my plan is to head up there next summer (2010) try'n to get Rae (The Chi) and Ambly to go as well... actually the plan is to head all the way up to Newfoundland... figure'n about a 15 day trip... with easy days... 400-600 miles... all about 7-9 hrs of pure riding (not including gas, food, or photo stops)

I can't fuck'n wait!

that sounds interesting, if I know where i would be in 2010 i would try to catch up with you guys. the missus is talking about babies so that will put a damper on my touring plans.

i also hear ya on the slabbin part. Its all slab comming from ny but some of it gets broken up rather well.

Tom

Mr Lefty
01-04-2009, 07:05 AM
Yeah that's the nice thing (as if there's only one :lol:) about being single... I can leave pretty much any day I want... with only work to clear it with.

Slab sucks... but it's 1000x worse when you don't have someone to ride with IMO... riding up to Trip's (Knoxville) from Rae's (Ft Walton Beach) was all slab... but it was awesome to just shoot the shit at the gas stops... though it killed our travel time... 9hr trip took 12.5 :lol:

rogue
01-04-2009, 07:12 AM
Unless I meet up with some fellow CF/TWFers that know of a more scenic route, I can guarantee that my 600 mile trip to Suches will be total slab for 550 miles.

Just thinking about it makes my ass hurt. :lol:

Mr Lefty
01-04-2009, 07:14 AM
well if ya meet up with me it'll be 3/4 slab... but it's all good... plenty of curves in Suches and NC :drool:

rogue
01-04-2009, 07:20 AM
well if ya meet up with me it'll be 3/4 slab... but it's all good... plenty of curves in Suches and NC :drool:

As I said before, that would be awesome. When the time draws nearer, we should see who's along the way, etc and see how many of us can meet up to ride there together. :)

I'll be riding back by myself. I'm going to ride the Gap after the rally :rockwoot:

Mr Lefty
01-04-2009, 07:23 AM
well Trip lives up that way... and I'll be damned if I wont' hit up the Gap while I'm there... I'm not sure we have anyone on the way... Ambly is in Huntsville... but that's about it I think... unless there's a CF refugee along the way :idk:

rogue
01-04-2009, 07:29 AM
well Trip lives up that way... and I'll be damned if I wont' hit up the Gap while I'm there... I'm not sure we have anyone on the way... Ambly is in Huntsville... but that's about it I think... unless there's a CF refugee along the way :idk:

I think there's a couple aside from Amorok, but I'm not sure. :idk: He had a rally thread going on CF too right about the time of the exodus. I don't know if anyone that's still over there is coming. :idk:

You want to hit the Gap too? :D This will be my first time. :D :D

tommymac
01-04-2009, 07:32 AM
I may join you guys for the gap depending on my time frame. I am supposed to be going on a wedding/cruise the week before so I dont know how much vacation time I can pull off in one shot

Mr Lefty
01-04-2009, 07:34 AM
Yeah Amorok works on Keesler AFB... same place I'm moving to.

yeah I'm definitely gonna hit up the gap... I only got one run at it when I was there in September... I want another round... especially as I'll have a new bike.

Mr Lefty
01-04-2009, 07:38 AM
if we hit it up on monday... it won't be as crowded... but I'm not gonna hit it up and ride back the same day... so maybe I'll just head up a day early or stay a day late in suches... :idk:

rogue
01-04-2009, 07:39 AM
I may join you guys for the gap depending on my time frame. I am supposed to be going on a wedding/cruise the week before so I dont know how much vacation time I can pull off in one shot

That would be awesome! :D

I'm going to try (keyword) to get them to work the schedule so I'll have 2 days off before my week vacation and two off when I get back. This way I won't feel so pressed for time & will give me close to two weeks off. I know I can get one or the other, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to get both.

rogue
01-04-2009, 07:42 AM
if we hit it up on monday... it won't be as crowded... but I'm not gonna hit it up and ride back the same day... so maybe I'll just head up a day early or stay a day late in suches... :idk:

I was advised that the Gap was better during the week so I'm planning to ride the Gap after the rally the next week.

Mr Lefty
01-04-2009, 07:49 AM
well if your talk'n about days off for the rally... I'd say if you can only get it extended on one side or the other... do after... for the recovery... ;)

and cool... then I'll plan on hitting the gap up on monday or tuesday depending on when everyone is heading back. I was always gonna take about 5 days off...

tommymac
01-04-2009, 07:52 AM
I think if I take 2 kinda long weekends and grab a shift or 2 between the wedding and the rally I can more easily pull it off.

Tom

rogue
01-04-2009, 08:09 AM
well if your talk'n about days off for the rally... I'd say if you can only get it extended on one side or the other... do after... for the recovery... ;)

and cool... then I'll plan on hitting the gap up on monday or tuesday depending on when everyone is heading back. I was always gonna take about 5 days off...

I think I'm going to need at least one day off before. Our weeks start on Friday & there's no way in hell I'm going to work Thursday night then make a 600 mile run on the bike after working all night. That is, assuming we'll be heading out Friday morning. :lol:

rogue
01-04-2009, 08:11 AM
I think if I take 2 kinda long weekends and grab a shift or 2 between the wedding and the rally I can more easily pull it off.

Tom

You can do it, Tom. I have faith in you! :D

Mr Lefty
01-04-2009, 08:12 AM
ahh yeah I forgot you worked nights... nm :lol:

tommymac
01-04-2009, 11:28 AM
ahh yeah I forgot you worked nights... nm :lol:

Theres pros and cons to that. Its great because if I work monday night say I have most of monday off, however I leave work at 7am tues morning. And now way in hell would I pull an all day trip after working a shift. The upside is I have plenty of vacation time.

Tom,

Amorok
01-06-2009, 04:35 PM
Damn, I haven't been on in a while. Ebbs, Rogue, I'd like to hit the Gap with you guys after, it'll be awesome. I'm already planning on taking the weeks on either side off. As for riding up, if you guys want to meet somewhere in northern MS I'm game, me and Ebbs will be coming from the same place anyway.

A couple of the people on CF said they were still coming, but to be honest most of the usernames I'm dealing with over there are here as well, so I'm just going to pad my numbers by five and go from there. Now if the damn hotel will call me back...

the chi
01-06-2009, 04:55 PM
I still havent made my mind up...i usually reserve my june vacation for the Dragon trip...but since ive been dying to get over to Blood Mountain since that very first trip...hmmmm....

Yeah that's the nice thing (as if there's only one :lol:) about being single... I can leave pretty much any day I want... with only work to clear it with.

Slab sucks... but it's 1000x worse when you don't have someone to ride with IMO... riding up to Trip's (Knoxville) from Rae's (Ft Walton Beach) was all slab... but it was awesome to just shoot the shit at the gas stops... though it killed our travel time... 9hr trip took 12.5 :lol:

Oh please, im attached and I can do the same thing! :lol:

And true, having someone to ride with makes a world of difference, and stopping at all the lil random scenic places or "just because" is friggin awesome.

The only exception would be gas shortages, and 5-7 hour trips that turn into 12! :lol: But I wouldnt change a thing!

Unless I meet up with some fellow CF/TWFers that know of a more scenic route, I can guarantee that my 600 mile trip to Suches will be total slab for 550 miles.

Just thinking about it makes my ass hurt. :lol:

Ya know, coming back from Indy by myself wasnt nearly as bad as youd think. Everyone else split off in Louisville, and altho I was sad to leave them, just crossing the country and thru the cities by myself was pretty nifty too. I gave friends my locations and plans, with text updates, and explored lil pieces of the world. I can be kind of a loner tho, i guess. :idk: There was one lil town, before nashville, WAAAAAAYYYY off the interstate, name looked interesting, so i went to check it out. A tiny lil town, complete with an old timey drug store and town square was there for me to explore and rest. I even met a few friendly locals, like the town judge as I was gearing back up. He saw me, was a fellow rider and came over to say hi!

*and after the first 1500 miles ya cant feel a thing! * :wink:

Mr Lefty
01-06-2009, 04:57 PM
I think your planned route is diffrent from mine... I was going over to Ft Walton Beach to meet up with The Chi... then up to Montgomery then through ATL and up... though I'll probably try to avoid ATL and swing north on country roads...
but :idk:

Mr Lefty
01-06-2009, 04:59 PM
Oh please, im attached and I can do the same thing! :lol:

And true, having someone to ride with makes a world of difference, and stopping at all the lil random scenic places or "just because" is friggin awesome.

that's cause your attachment is a male... not a female with trust issues and fuck'n drama. :lol:

besides... Jason should have a bike by then and come with!

the chi
01-06-2009, 05:00 PM
I think your planned route is diffrent from mine... I was going over to Ft Walton Beach to meet up with The Chi... then up to Montgomery then through ATL and up... though I'll probably try to avoid ATL and swing north on country roads...
but :idk:

Honestly, if we do this, meeting somewhere on 65 would be best for YOU, instead of you coming all the way over here. If we got up early, reasonable freak, not buttcrack of dawn early, we could meet on 65 and continue north. If we wanted to stop, my parents live in NE ATL, we could spend the night there and then finish the trip. :idk:

Thats how i ended up on Blood Mtn the first time.

In an excursion, with a 16ft trailer and 4 bikes on the back.

Hanging off the cliff edge. :lol:

the chi
01-06-2009, 05:02 PM
that's cause your attachment is a male... not a female with trust issues and fuck'n drama. :lol:

besides... Jason should have a bike by then and come with!

True, and true as long as they dont ship him out, remember? Hes scheduled to be TDY around that time...

Mr Lefty
01-06-2009, 05:04 PM
I'm down for what ever... I'll probably try taking like 5 or 6 days off... shit I have 70 some days of leave right now... I'll use probably 5-6 on my way down to MS...

True, and true as long as they dont ship him out, remember? Hes scheduled to be TDY around that time...

ahh yeah... that's right... GHEY

dReWpY
01-06-2009, 05:46 PM
i googled this trip, looks to be about $9.43 in gas one way, lol

i am going to start using gas cost instead of milage for all future trips

Mr Lefty
01-06-2009, 05:47 PM
i googled this trip, looks to be about $9.43 in gas one way, lol

i am going to start using gas cost instead of milage for all future trips

so we're gonna count you out then huh.... as it's further than the Gap and you couldn't make it there last year :lol:

dReWpY
01-06-2009, 05:59 PM
is there a date for this thing yet?

i am aware of a few things that need attention on my bike, first need new chain and sproket
second new tires within 1,000 miles atleast a rear
third- fix my damn headlight

Mr Lefty
01-06-2009, 06:00 PM
first post drewpy... first post...
8-10may

dReWpY
01-06-2009, 06:03 PM
bullshit, it just says may...

but on the poll it says it its just jacked up for some reason

Trip
01-06-2009, 06:06 PM
he's gonna find some way to bail, cause he's a homo

dReWpY
01-06-2009, 06:07 PM
like finals, or some other lame shit, i swear why doesnt he just sell his bike or some shit.... /B/

Trip
01-06-2009, 06:11 PM
like finals, or some other lame shit, i swear why doesnt he just sell his bike or some shit.... /B/

fuck school, you dont need it

dReWpY
01-06-2009, 06:13 PM
i agree, since they are just handing jobs out like candy to JB

Trip
01-06-2009, 06:18 PM

you will just get laid off eventually anyway, this just saves you the headache and you can go on welfare.

Amorok
01-06-2009, 07:18 PM
Yes there's a date, the weekend of 9-10 May. I'll probably get there 8 May just to make sure the hotel is cool, but I'll most likely ride that morning and afternoon and then drink that night.

Mr Lefty
01-06-2009, 07:36 PM

military is...

psychochild28
01-06-2009, 10:32 PM
he's gonna find some way to bail, cause he's a homo

He'll only bail if that's my last weekend home for 7months.

(Toby's rumored to be going out From May to December 5 shows a week straight)

Mr Lefty
01-06-2009, 10:34 PM

dont' you mean... no we'll both be there if it's my last weekend home for 7 months?

psychochild28
01-06-2009, 10:36 PM
dont' you mean... no we'll both be there if it's my last weekend home for 7 months?

nope last place i'm going to be if i'm going for that long ....:sorry:

much rather have "alone time" :wink: :whistle:

Mr Lefty
01-06-2009, 10:38 PM
nope last place i'm going to be if i'm going for that long ....:sorry:

much rather have "alone time" :wink: :whistle:

kinda sucks drewpy's gay then huh... :lol:

Trip
01-06-2009, 11:10 PM
So you going to add to the stable after that tour? :rockout:

rogue
01-07-2009, 07:09 AM
Yes there's a date, the weekend of 9-10 May. I'll probably get there 8 May just to make sure the hotel is cool, but I'll most likely ride that morning and afternoon and then drink that night.

Amorok, what date are you leaving out? The 8th?

Mr Lefty
01-07-2009, 08:53 AM
I'm think'n I'll ask for 7-13 may off...

deals gap dragon slayer
01-07-2009, 05:41 PM
If i was gonna go I'd stay at Frank's place...

wait.. is Two Wheels Only (TWO) still there?

dReWpY
01-07-2009, 05:44 PM

quoted for truth, no way in hell i am leaving her if this is the last weekend she is going to be around...:panic:

the good news is that finals are over on the 7th

dReWpY
01-07-2009, 05:45 PM
lock the door and the only knock i'll answer is if the pizza is at the door....

Trip
01-07-2009, 06:22 PM
lock the door and the only knock i'll answer is if the pizza is at the door....

now we know how to kidnap him. I'll get a trailer for his bike and we drag his ass there kicking and screaming. We will bring t-rock, so he can make sweeet love to drewpy so drewpy doesn't cry in his sleep.

psychochild28
01-07-2009, 08:13 PM
So you going to add to the stable after that tour? :rockout:

If by adding to the stable you mean looking into getting a car then yes...:lol: No more bikes for me. Getting ready to get rid of one as it is.

quoted for truth, no way in hell i am leaving her if this is the last weekend she is going to be around...:panic:

the good news is that finals are over on the 7th

If it's not my last weekend and I'm not going to be out that long then I'm going to have to ask off work..... :whistle::dthumb:

dReWpY
01-07-2009, 08:27 PM
trip, buy her rebel for A, show her you love her

derf
01-08-2009, 05:37 PM
OK, I missed some of the conversation, pretty much everything after page 1, who is traveling down from or through jersey?

rogue
01-08-2009, 08:30 PM
OK, I missed some of the conversation, pretty much everything after page 1, who is traveling down from or through jersey?

Are you going to be stateside in time for the rally? :D

derf
01-08-2009, 11:22 PM
I got back on monday. So I'm pretty sure it's a yes. My big problem for now is planning out my vacation time for this year, I need a week in disney world, a week in NC for some scuba, a week in jamaica, and I'm looking at (possibly) a week to ride with my brother for his new job down to Texas.

Plus I wouldn't miss a chance to pull that chain of yours around a little bit

rogue
01-09-2009, 12:10 AM
I got back on monday. So I'm pretty sure it's a yes. My big problem for now is planning out my vacation time for this year, I need a week in disney world, a week in NC for some scuba, a week in jamaica, and I'm looking at (possibly) a week to ride with my brother for his new job down to Texas.

Plus I wouldn't miss a chance to pull that chain of yours around a little bit

If you're going to be there, I'll make sure to bring my collar & chain. :p

derf
01-09-2009, 12:16 AM
I truly hope that is all you will be bringing for me

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7175/hotroige2ot1.jpg[

tommymac
01-09-2009, 12:35 AM
Oh so you wont bring the chain for me, thats just so wrong :lol:

Tom

derf
01-09-2009, 12:36 AM
thats cuz I'm special

tommymac
01-09-2009, 12:40 AM
thats cuz I'm special

oh youre special all right :lol:

tom

rogue
01-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Derf, you're a stalker! :lmao:

Tommy, he's special.....special ed. :lol:

I had plans on bringing the collar & chain(s) anyway. I thought they'd make for some interesting pics. ;)

derf
01-09-2009, 01:13 AM
I am a stalker.

I actually have a few pictures like that saved on my computer that I made for some of the discussions in the old bedroom. I don't think they are up there anymore, but I have them saved for posperity (and blackmail should you ever run for public office). And dont worry they arn't all of you.

And that wasn't me outside your window last night with the high powered camera

tommymac
01-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Derf, you're a stalker! :lmao:

Tommy, he's special.....special ed. :lol:

I had plans on bringing the collar & chain(s) anyway. I thought they'd make for some interesting pics. ;)

just leave my ponytail out of it Lol:

Tom

rogue
01-09-2009, 01:35 AM
just leave my ponytail out of it Lol:

Tom

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Hold up! I had plans of playing with your hair, damnit! :(

:lol:

derf
01-09-2009, 01:38 AM
And I was gonna film it

tommymac
01-09-2009, 01:39 AM
Well thats ok then, but derf is not allowed to play with my hair:panic:

Tom

derf
01-09-2009, 01:43 AM
No I'll just sit in the dark corner and watch, I promise I won't get involved, although I might make a suggestion or 2

tommymac
01-09-2009, 01:45 AM
No I'll just sit in the dark corner and watch, I promise I won't get involved, although I might make a suggestion or 2

:lol: ok but there will have to be alcohol involved wit that LOL

Tom

derf
01-09-2009, 01:59 AM
Yeh i won't be picky, drunk, not drunk, as long as one of the 3 of us is fully covered in leather everything is good, plus she agreed to bring a few collars with shains on them for us to use.

Sounds like this is shaping up for a very good time.

tommymac
01-09-2009, 02:15 AM
Ok to get back off or on topic here ( i am so confused about that LOL) would you want ot slab it down in one day or make it a 2 day excursion.

Tom

derf
01-09-2009, 02:20 AM
I would go for the quickest route (not shortest) and make it a 1 day trip each way. I know I'm good for 600+ miles in one shot, and I'm sure I can do much more.

To the topic at hand, I havn't yet, nor will I be making a reservation, I fully plan to rely on the kindness of others to open up their hearts and rooms to me, and I will chip in on the bill. I just can't make any type of guarantee that I will definately be there until I actually get on the road.

Mr Lefty
01-09-2009, 02:25 AM
you guys should really talk to the NJ guys and gals...

tommymac
01-09-2009, 02:41 AM
you guys should really talk to the NJ guys and gals...

I think we are the NJ/NY guys LOL. I have another frind from CF who may join us and I think sixxer is intrested in going too. My main concern was just not going whe whole way solo.

Tom

Mr Lefty
01-09-2009, 02:49 AM
well there's Sixxer like you mentioned... Dave, and a new girl that just joined that sounded intrested...

also there's some PA folks... Marko... though he's probably not coming... JoJo and Phenox.

rogue
01-09-2009, 03:04 AM
Yeh i won't be picky, drunk, not drunk, as long as one of the 3 of us is fully covered in leather everything is good, plus she agreed to bring a few collars with shains on them for us to use.

Sounds like this is shaping up for a very good time.

Shhhhh!!!!! You were supposed to have kept that a secret! No chain yanking for you! :lol:

tommymac
01-09-2009, 03:05 AM
well there's Sixxer like you mentioned... Dave, and a new girl that just joined that sounded intrested...

also there's some PA folks... Marko... though he's probably not coming... JoJo and Phenox.

We can catch up along the way, I think I am comming from the furthest away so i will be out on the road mad early, plus I need to get out of NYC early to avoid rush hour traffic.

Tom

Mr Lefty
01-09-2009, 05:41 AM
yeah... I was just say'n some of those guys I think were look'n for someone to ride down with...

tommymac
01-09-2009, 06:25 AM
yeah... I was just say'n some of those guys I think were look'n for someone to ride down with...

meeting people along the way woudl help break up the ride for me too. we will need to figure out whos going and where they are and then try to coordinate so we make the group bigger and can roll in mad deep as one of my CF buddies would say about the CF rallys.

Tom

Mr Lefty
01-09-2009, 07:03 AM
Roll mad deep huh... :rofl:

rogue
01-09-2009, 07:09 AM
roll in mad deep

Tom

:lmao: :lmao:

Mr Lefty
01-09-2009, 07:12 AM
so what's the estimate for attendance?

cuttle
01-09-2009, 08:45 AM
so what's the estimate for attendance?

I think we should make a better poll (one that includes whores/sheep/ex-wifes).

Maybe a poll who's staying in a hotel or who wants to camp/cabin at TWR

Mr Lefty
01-09-2009, 09:09 AM
I think we should make a better poll (one that includes whores/sheep/ex-wifes).

Maybe a poll who's staying in a hotel or who wants to camp/cabin at TWR

well I think this one was to find out who was gonna stay at the place Amorok was organizing...

honestly I could really care less where people are stay'n... as i can't make any for sure plans till at least march...

but just wondered how big a number we'd have show up. seems like a decent amount of interest among the post whore'n :wink: :pwhore2:

rogue
01-09-2009, 10:07 AM
I'll be there! :D :D

derf
01-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Its looking good for mr but plans wont be definite until I walk out the door.

As far as a good meet spot for the ny/nj folks, there is a rest stop just south of the nj deleware border. Its like a 2hour ride from the outerbridge crossing, is easily accessible from the NJTP, 295, I95, philly, NYC etc... Using google maps you follow the NJTP south just over the deleware memorial bridge, and its just a few miles down the JFK memorail pkwy

tommymac
01-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Its looking good for mr but plans wont be definite until I walk out the door.

As far as a good meet spot for the ny/nj folks, there is a rest stop just south of the nj deleware border. Its like a 2hour ride from the outerbridge crossing, is easily accessible from the NJTP, 295, I95, philly, NYC etc... Using google maps you follow the NJTP south just over the deleware memorial bridge, and its just a few miles down the JFK memorail pkwy

That the one near the harley dealership just over the bridge?
Tom

Sixxxxer
01-10-2009, 12:45 AM
Tommymac your In New York??

I'm Def planning on going...Like its almost a goddamn Gurantee I'll be there.

And Like Tommy said...I just didnt wanna ride alone. But It sounds like we got a good eough east coast crew to make the venture down.

Derf...I'm good for a solid 600+...Hell I could most likely do the whole ride in one day...Its saying 12 hours from my place to suches...If I left before sunrise on thursday it would put me there in theory around dinner time that night...but I didnt know when everyone was planning on leaving...Friday or the day before??

tommymac
01-10-2009, 08:03 AM

And Like Tommy said...I just didnt wanna ride alone. But It sounds like we got a good eough east coast crew to make the venture down.

Derf...I'm good for a solid 600+...Hell I could most likely do the whole ride in one day...Its saying 12 hours from my place to suches...If I left before sunrise on thursday it would put me there in theory around dinner time that night...but I didnt know when everyone was planning on leaving...Friday or the day before??

I am on LI, currently I am just outside NYC, by may I may be a bit further east but no biggie. That rest stop derfs is talking about is about 2.5 hrs from my place. I would like to try to do it in one shot and go straight through.

I am prety flexible with my vacation time so I can leave earlier or later, would prefer earlier, figure we get there thurs night eat, drink a beer then pass out :) then let the fun begin on friday.

Tom

Mr Lefty
01-10-2009, 08:26 AM

I am on LI, currently I am just outside NYC, by may I may be a bit further east but no biggie. That rest stop derfs is talking about is about 2.5 hrs from my place. I would like to try to do it in one shot and go straight through.

I am prety flexible with my vacation time so I can leave earlier or later, would prefer earlier, figure we get there thurs night eat, drink a beer then pass out :) then let the fun begin on friday.

Tom

REMEMBER that 12hrs... is 12 hrs of RIDING. in a 600 mile day, figure a stop every 150 miles for gas and a stretch probably about 15-30 on average if you grab food. so that's 4 stops and 2hrs...

so if you leave at 5am you'll get there around 7pm at the earliest. just FYI...

tommymac
01-10-2009, 08:42 AM
REMEMBER that 12hrs... is 12 hrs of RIDING. in a 600 mile day, figure a stop every 150 miles for gas and a stretch probably about 15-30 on average if you grab food. so that's 4 stops and 2hrs...

so if you leave at 5am you'll get there around 7pm at the earliest. just FYI...

I am sure we will break the speed limit in a few spots to make up some time :whistle: Stopping every 2 hrs is good in that it breaks up some of the boring parts of the ride. I always look at gettin gto the next big city or something like that. Once I get past baltimore/dc it gets tough as thigs start to get further away. I remember 95 and 85 from our deals gap trips and trips to vir and its some boring ass riding.

Tom

Mr Lefty
01-10-2009, 08:48 AM
yeah and once you get into the country you'll slow down as the roads get twisty... but you'll also be hitting these as the sun goes down... VERY intresting riding if you've never done it... :lol:

tommymac
01-10-2009, 10:02 AM
yeah and once you get into the country you'll slow down as the roads get twisty... but you'll also be hitting these as the sun goes down... VERY intresting riding if you've never done it... :lol:

Good points, hopefully we make good time on the slabs so were doing good timewise. As far as riding in the dark down there I am up for it. First time i ran the dragon was in complete darkness after riding for about 500 miles on my TL:panic: it was like a burst of adrenaline when I realized I was on it. I was smarter about it though. I was going to check out from our group (trailering the bikes down) and start railing but thought it wouldnt be a good idea. After riding it again in the light I saw I made the right choice :lol:

Tom

dReWpY
01-10-2009, 10:46 AM
some of us can make 100 miles in one hour so 12 hours to cover 600 miles is a bit much of a over estimate on the travel time :whistle:

i am beginning to think alot of ppl would hate to ride with me....

derf
01-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Suches is almost 800 miles from my house, and I'm thinking I could do that trip in about 15 hours, maybe 16. And thats at a very steady pace. Also take into account a 15-20 miute break every 1.5 to 2 hours, plus during that time at least two long stops for meals each of which would take at least an hour.

derf
01-10-2009, 11:43 AM
Or the other option is that I do have a truck, and if someone has a trailer I could pull a few bikes and people, and we ride comfortable...

dReWpY
01-10-2009, 01:06 PM
my reasoning for wanting to start trailoring more, to have a tire that will stick worth a damn and make the ride fun at the destination gets expensive fast when you ride 800 miles one way

tommymac
01-10-2009, 02:37 PM
Suches is almost 800 miles from my house, and I'm thinking I could do that trip in about 15 hours, maybe 16. And thats at a very steady pace. Also take into account a 15-20 miute break every 1.5 to 2 hours, plus during that time at least two long stops for meals each of which would take at least an hour.

We can do it faster than that even. I rode home from deals gap (close to 880 miles) in 14 hrs and that was with hitting DC traffic and waiting out some rain under 2 overpasses. if we do 70 to 80 on the highways with stops every 2 hrs or so we will be good. I do get alittle stubborn in that I will put my head down and get to a destination no matter what too so that can be good or bad.

Tom

derf
01-10-2009, 03:26 PM
I did DC to the FL border in one day, and while I didnt have a problem with the 700 mile ride, I felt it in my shoulders and back when I rode for a few days after.I also noticed that after the initial 500 miles I slowed down quite a bit, and the 15 minute stops toward the end turned into one hour stops, and instead of every 2 hours we were stopping every hour. Its not hard, just that it would be easier to drive

Sixxxxer
01-10-2009, 04:10 PM
I'm Down to Ride...The whole reason of me going was to take a Roadtrip ON THE BIKE...Granted I'm sure 500 Miles in I'll be like Wheres the Fucking Truck...I'll enjoy every mile of it.

And Tommy, Leaving early sounds like the best bet. I'd rather get there a little early and hang out a bit before the rally Starts.

I'm getting excited thinking about it!! I gotta start getting the bike ready I need at least the tail bags that Ebbs had on the ZZR...and a backpack. I'll be packing light :)

Cutty72
01-10-2009, 05:20 PM
hmmm... at a little over 1400 miles, I wouldn't be riding, especially if comonboys comes along. That means I have to find a trailer, or SQUEEZE 2 bikes and everything into my pickup.
I will have to see closer to the date if I would be able to make it or not, depends on training for our upcoming mission if I will be able to get away or not...

Mr Lefty
01-10-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm Down to Ride...The whole reason of me going was to take a Roadtrip ON THE BIKE...Granted I'm sure 500 Miles in I'll be like Wheres the Fucking Truck...I'll enjoy every mile of it.

And Tommy, Leaving early sounds like the best bet. I'd rather get there a little early and hang out a bit before the rally Starts.

I'm getting excited thinking about it!! I gotta start getting the bike ready I need at least the tail bags that Ebbs had on the ZZR...and a backpack. I'll be packing light :)

I'd strap that back pack to the tail... or pack it REALLY LIGHT... that long a trip with the extra weight on your shoulders will wear on ya...

Sixxxxer
01-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Well I'm not sure I actually may need it...I plan on getting the Cortech Tail bag you had/Plus the Saddle bags...Obviously you have first hand experience...How much shit can those things hold??

Mr Lefty
01-10-2009, 07:05 PM
hmmm... at a little over 1400 miles, I wouldn't be riding, especially if comonboys comes along. That means I have to find a trailer, or SQUEEZE 2 bikes and everything into my pickup.
I will have to see closer to the date if I would be able to make it or not, depends on training for our upcoming mission if I will be able to get away or not...
you could probably talk to members and find places to crash on the way down... Crazy (where's he been?) lives in Champaign... and Capt'n lives in Indy...

and a Uhaul rental of a trailer in town is cheap.. you'd just have to pay for extra milage. or do two one way rentals... it's costing me $550 to rent a 6x8 and drive from AK to Mississippi...

Cutty72
01-10-2009, 07:06 PM
I'd strap that back pack to the tail... or pack it REALLY LIGHT... that long a trip with the extra weight on your shoulders will wear on ya...

Truth. Comonboys loaded up a back pack HEAVY when we went to Duluth. I ended up wearing it most of the way as she got tired of it. Ended up strapping it on the bike for the return trip.

Cutty72
01-10-2009, 07:08 PM
you could probably talk to members and find places to crash on the way down... Crazy (where's he been?) lives in Champaign... and Capt'n lives in Indy...

and a Uhaul rental of a trailer in town is cheap.. you'd just have to pay for extra milage. or do two one way rentals... it's costing me $550 to rent a 6x8 and drive from AK to Mississippi...

I know enough people with trailers, that wouldn't be the issue.
As for the drive, it would only be 2 days tops. 1 if I could convince comonboys to drive some.
But depending on the trailer I got, could possilby hook up with someone on the way down if they didn't want to ride...

Sixxxxer
01-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Truth. Comonboys loaded up a back pack HEAVY when we went to Duluth. I ended up wearing it most of the way as she got tired of it. Ended up strapping it on the bike for the return trip.
Yeah I mean the backpack would just be T shirts and some Bathroom shit. But if the Cortech luggage can suffice I will def just roll with that

Mr Lefty
01-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Well I'm not sure I actually may need it...I plan on getting the Cortech Tail bag you had/Plus the Saddle bags...Obviously you have first hand experience...How much shit can those things hold??

A SHIT TON. I had more than enough stuff for my entire trip. you should be completely fine... I didn't really have much packed in the tail bag... I had my laptop and just some cords and external hd. the saddle bags had my clothes, shoes, toiletries...

but I severely over packed... I'd pack 2 shirts, a pair of shorts, a pair of tennis shoes, some underwear, 3 or 4 pair of socks, and that's about it... if I were to do that entire trip again... as everywhere I stayed I had access to a washer and dryer. :2cents:

after all... all that weight could mean the diffrence between a sick wheelie to show off... and looping it 800 miles from home... :zowned:

Sixxxxer
01-10-2009, 07:15 PM
A SHIT TON. I had more than enough stuff for my entire trip. you should be completely fine... I didn't really have much packed in the tail bag... I had my laptop and just some cords and external hd. the saddle bags had my clothes, shoes, toiletries...

but I severely over packed... I'd pack 2 shirts, a pair of shorts, a pair of tennis shoes, some underwear, 3 or 4 pair of socks, and that's about it... if I were to do that entire trip again... as everywhere I stayed I had access to a washer and dryer. :2cents:

after all... all that weight could mean the diffrence between a sick wheelie to show off... and looping it 800 miles from home... :zowned:

Lol. I'll def keep that in Mind, MY Only issue is, I'm thinking about Riding down to Suches, Then going to Myrtle Bike week to meet up with my buddies going to that...so I'd be on the bike for about a week...but I'm sure I can suffice and just find a place to wash my shit somewhere.

Mr Lefty
01-10-2009, 07:18 PM
OR... just get the address of the hotel... SHIP your stuff you're gonna take to Myrtle... then when you get there... ship the stuff you brought to Suches back... and take the Myrtle stuff with ya.

Sixxxxer
01-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Your always a thinker Ebbs...

Mr Lefty
01-10-2009, 07:21 PM
I learned alot on that indy trip about road trips on 2 wheels... not to say there isn't A LOT I still need to learn... but there was alot of realizations while out there. mainly about packing :lol:

derf
01-10-2009, 08:02 PM
these are the bags I've been looking at

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/922/139/
http://www.magsbags.com/journeybag.html
http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Tail/BetaRearBag.html

rogue
01-10-2009, 08:03 PM
I learned alot on that indy trip about road trips on 2 wheels... not to say there isn't A LOT I still need to learn... but there was alot of realizations while out there. mainly about packing :lol:

When you're small like me, packing is simple. :D

This is my three day weekend backpack. Three changes of clothes, extra shoes, swimsuit, a couple of extra shirts, socks......all in one bag. :dthumb:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/SVRogue/Memorial%20Weekend%202007/UNI_0355.jpg

My ex, who's 6'2" took twobackpacks for all his stuff (he packs more than I do and had his bags stack on top of each other (no pic). :lol:

I have a hard tail bag I'll be using for the Suches trip. :)

derf
01-10-2009, 08:05 PM
Are you sure that maybe you ddint switch bags with him?

rogue
01-10-2009, 08:06 PM
Are you sure that maybe you ddint switch bags with him?

Nope.

When I went to Austin for the weekend a couple of years ago, I used the same thing....and came back with more clothes than what I took. :lol:

derf
01-10-2009, 08:20 PM
so you went shopping?

ericr
01-10-2009, 08:28 PM
Nope.

When I went to Austin for the weekend a couple of years ago, I used the same thing....and came back with more clothes than what I took. :lol:

Well yeah, a days worth of your clothes will fit in a sammich bag!!! Barbie clothes take up more space :whistle: :lol:

rogue
01-10-2009, 08:31 PM
so you went shopping?

Me? Shop? NOOOO!!!!!! :panic:

Moira had a couple of pairs of jeans and some shirts she handed down to me. Granted I have to roll the pants legs up a couple of times. :lol: I think (but not positive) they were her daughter's and she outgrew them quickly so they were still in like new condition.

rogue
01-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Well yeah, a days worth of your clothes will fit in a sammich bag!!! Barbie clothes take up more space :whistle: :lol:

redflip

I'm a size 7-9. Not a size 0. :nee:

Mr Lefty
01-10-2009, 09:07 PM
these are the bags I've been looking at

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/922/139/
http://www.magsbags.com/journeybag.html
http://www.wolfmanluggage.com/Tail/BetaRearBag.html

I looked at the top two when I was looking to ride from AK to NC for the first Twowheelforum rally... but now that I've done a 4000 mile, 17day trip... i wouldn't bother. I fit everything I needed in the cortech sport saddle bags and tail bag, and strapped my tent, sleeping bag and pad on top.

I was over packed on that trip... had I not packed all that extra bullshit.... I could have litterally fit everything in my cortech bags, other than the sleeping pad as it's just too long to fit.

the problem with a bag that big is you'll be tempted to FILL it. you'll carry WAY to much shit. :2cents:

derf
01-10-2009, 09:17 PM
naw I'm pretty good about packing, I just would rather have a bag and not use the whole thing than use the whole thing and not have any bag left.

Sixxxxer
01-10-2009, 10:13 PM
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the twistedthrottle Bag...Looks like a nice rig.

I'm planning on packing light as well...So I should be ok...No different than having my 120lb Fiancee on the back.

the chi
01-10-2009, 10:36 PM
Yeah I mean the backpack would just be T shirts and some Bathroom shit. But if the Cortech luggage can suffice I will def just roll with that

Saddlebags FTMFW!!! I've made several roadtrips with a backpack and it's just too much strain on the back. It made a world of difference and I'll never take another long trip without it!

OR... just get the address of the hotel... SHIP your stuff you're gonna take to Myrtle... then when you get there... ship the stuff you brought to Suches back... and take the Myrtle stuff with ya.

You so stole that idea from me!! :lol: I would highly reccommend this! I've done this several times, and it's especially helpful when you are coming back with more than you left with. Alot of times if I am coming straight home I'll send all but the necessities. With todays mail services, it's inexpensive and quick.

Sixxxxer
01-10-2009, 10:51 PM
Your alive!!!!!!!!!!!

the chi
01-10-2009, 10:55 PM
Your alive!!!!!!!!!!!

I am here! :lol: where have u been? You really planning on coming for this?

Sixxxxer
01-10-2009, 10:57 PM
I am here! :lol: where have u been? You really planning on coming for this?

Where have I Been?? Where Have YOU BEEN!!! I Post everyday on this Bitch. :twfix:

I'm Planning on it for sure...Us Jersey boys are talking about it already...I gotta save up some dough get some Luggage, A new tire, and some other little shit and I plan on riding my little ass off.

I gotta be able to put some faces to names here...This place is my sportbike addiction.

tommymac
01-11-2009, 12:29 AM
I got ya all beat, hard bags FTMFW :rockwoot:

i figure between that my tank bag and cargo net I will have plenty of room. I think we should also try to have each person bring some emergency type equipment for the ride down. i have a custom first aid kit and can do quite a bit in the field if need be. But also make sure we have tools and stuff like tire patck/repair kits.

Tom

rogue
01-11-2009, 01:16 AM
I got ya all beat, hard bags FTMFW :rockwoot:

i figure between that my tank bag and cargo net I will have plenty of room. I think we should also try to have each person bring some emergency type equipment for the ride down. i have a custom first aid kit and can do quite a bit in the field if need be. But also make sure we have tools and stuff like tire patck/repair kits.

Tom

Damn. I didn't think about any of that stuff.

What's suggested as emergency equipment aside from a first aid kit? I need to start putting something together so I'll have something, especially since I'm planning more one trip this year...one or two of them will be by myself. :D

tommymac
01-11-2009, 01:23 AM
Damn. I didn't think about any of that stuff.

What's suggested as emergency equipment aside from a first aid kit? I need to start putting something together so I'll have something, especially since I'm planning more one trip this year...one or two of them will be by myself. :D

I bought a first aid kit from tourmaster, then I added a bunch of other goodies and took out stuff I wouldnt need. For an average person it had a lot of useful stuff but I can do a lot more in the field if I have all the equipment, I even added a suture kit to it. I need to go through it and check a few things and see if theres anything I need to add.

tom

rogue
01-11-2009, 01:30 AM
I bought a first aid kit from tourmaster, then I added a bunch of other goodies and took out stuff I wouldnt need. For an average person it had a lot of useful stuff but I can do a lot more in the field if I have all the equipment, I even added a suture kit to it. I need to go through it and check a few things and see if theres anything I need to add.

tom

When you're saying first aid kit, are you talking about a medical first aid kit, a road kit, or is the one you got from Tourmaster a bit of both? I know how to put together a good first aid kit. I'm more concerned with needing something for the bike. I really have no clue as to what I would need aside from my tool kit (which I've added a little to). Wade put together a little something when we would take trips, but I never really paid attention. I've been lucky on the couple I've been on since then, because those I rode with had their own kit they had put together and told me to not worry about it. . .

tommymac
01-11-2009, 03:21 AM
When you're saying first aid kit, are you talking about a medical first aid kit, a road kit, or is the one you got from Tourmaster a bit of both? I know how to put together a good first aid kit. I'm more concerned with needing something for the bike. I really have no clue as to what I would need aside from my tool kit (which I've added a little to). Wade put together a little something when we would take trips, but I never really paid attention. I've been lucky on the couple I've been on since then, because those I rode with had their own kit they had put together and told me to not worry about it. . .

i was referring to a medical first aid bag. I put other stuff in it since I can do a lot more for someone in the field if I have the stuff to do it. I do need to improve my mechanical stuff too though. For a secret santa gift I got a multi tool from eddie bauer and an led flashlight thats small and fookin bright.

the tourmaster site has a lot of nice toolkits andother goodies.

Tom

Mr Lefty
01-11-2009, 04:16 AM
you'll want a tire plug kit, first aid kit, cell phone, bike air pump if ya can... and a map. I also like keep'n a little snack incase I brake down... but as you guys aren't really going BFE the first 4 should be good.

tommymac
01-11-2009, 04:24 AM
you'll want a tire plug kit, first aid kit, cell phone, bike air pump if ya can... and a map. I also like keep'n a little snack incase I brake down... but as you guys aren't really going BFE the first 4 should be good.

Good call on the air pump, I didnt think of that. I think some of the tire repair kits have co2 cartirges thatmay be able to fill the tire.
I will go look on the tourmaster site now since Ihave a few minutes of downtime.

Tom

tommymac
01-11-2009, 04:29 AM
Found one.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/77/14609/ITEM/Genuine-Innovations-Street-Tire-Repair-and-Inflation-Kit.aspx

my b-day is comming up this week so we will see about that one ;)

Tom

Mr Lefty
01-11-2009, 04:29 AM
Good call on the air pump, I didnt think of that. I think some of the tire repair kits have co2 cartirges thatmay be able to fill the tire.
I will go look on the tourmaster site now since Ihave a few minutes of downtime.

Tom

yeah I have one of those... I took extra Co2 cartridges just in case

rogue
01-11-2009, 04:35 AM

Thanks, Ebbs! :dthumb:

Mr Lefty
01-11-2009, 04:38 AM
Thanks, Ebbs! :dthumb:

yup yup. I'll have all those on me... I actually have all that shit under my seat all the time... even on solo rides... actually forgot about it when I met up with Rae... she asked me about it and I was like... nope.. don't have it.. :lol:

tommymac
01-11-2009, 04:40 AM
thats all the stuff you want to buy and will never use ;)

I may need to invest or upgrade in some raingear too, otherwise i think I will be good to go

Tom

Mr Lefty
01-11-2009, 04:44 AM
thats all the stuff you want to buy and will never use ;)

I may need to invest or upgrade in some raingear too, otherwise i think I will be good to go

Tom
I picked up some frogtogs... AWESOME... but invest in some booty's for your boots if they're not waterproof... my feet got SOAKED... and made riding horrible... also... after 900+miles and 14hrs of riding with soaked feet... they smelled something great too :panic:

tommymac
01-11-2009, 06:37 AM
I picked up some frogtogs... AWESOME... but invest in some booty's for your boots if they're not waterproof... my feet got SOAKED... and made riding horrible... also... after 900+miles and 14hrs of riding with soaked feet... they smelled something great too :panic:

I will def look into that. We got clobbered by the rain riding to the Cf rally in sept and my feet and hands were soaked. The rest of my gear held up well , and i had my track gloves in the car my gf was driving so i had a dry pair for the weekend.

Tom

Phenix_Rider
01-11-2009, 09:13 AM
Straight shot to Suches is 600 miles for me. That's all interstate- which I won't do. I'm working on a plan to ride down to visit my brother in NC, then ride over to GA. Looks like ~8 hours to NC, and another 5 to GA- according to google maps. I won't be at the posted limit though :whistle:

Trying to decide if I'll wear my two-piece all the way down, or just riding jeans and leather jacket. Either way, I probably only need the saddlebags, not the top bag. I pack light. Don't know accommodations yet, so I may have a sleeping bag and tent strapped across the top.

I have a Stop'n'Go ATV kit with CO2. Fits perfectly in the tailsection under the seat. You can see all their stuff here (http://www.stopngo.com/motorcycle.asp). Mine just has the "licorice sticks," reamer, tool, and CO2 The only time I've used it was to give a bicyclist some CO2. :lol: I finally found a local Ski/Bike shop that has refills- something like $1.50 for a 16g.

Not sure what additional tools would be good to have. Definitely zip ties! Stuff to clean/lube the chain, maybe remove wheels and fairings. I'm sure a kickstand puck is a no-brainer, and I finally got one. Always have a cargo net and a couple rags and bungee cord in the tail.

Oh yeah- CAMERA! I need a new one. Turns out my micro tank bag in the cold with the vibration kills them :idk: Who'da thunk? So it will get packed in the saddlebags with soft stuff this time.

ericr
01-11-2009, 11:23 AM
i know of quite a few people that carry this compact air pump http://directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=8505&str=1&ID=507503745

and I've heard you can get the same thing at Wal-mart too.

I've got this little plug kit, haven't had to use it though so don't know how well this type plug would work.
http://directlineparts.com/product.asp?pid=5905&str=1&ID=507503745

For tools, I usually just carry the stock tool kit that came with the bike and a set of metric ball allen wrenches that should take care of most minor repairs.

derf
01-11-2009, 01:49 PM
I will def look into that. We got clobbered by the rain riding to the Cf rally in sept and my feet and hands were soaked. The rest of my gear held up well , and i had my track gloves in the car my gf was driving so i had a dry pair for the weekend.

Tom

Yeh we did get quite wet, but honestly for the most part my $10 home depot rainsuit worked wonders, my gloves were damp, and so were my boots, but other than that I was alright. Plus that was just about the worst rain I can ever imagine riding in unless we were going through a hurricane.

As far as the repair kit/emergency stuff... Stuff that I would normally take with me include

-chain lube
-bicycle tire pump (it does work enough to get me to a gas station)
-Tire repair kit
-an extra set of generic cables
-zip ties
-small tool bag
-gerber
-flashlight
-small rubber hose
-spare key zip tied to sub frame (very hidden and hard to get to)
-2x rachet straps

Mr Lefty
01-11-2009, 02:38 PM
Yeh we did get quite wet, but honestly for the most part my $10 home depot rainsuit worked wonders, my gloves were damp, and so were my boots, but other than that I was alright. Plus that was just about the worst rain I can ever imagine riding in unless we were going through a hurricane.

As far as the repair kit/emergency stuff... Stuff that I would normally take with me include

-chain lube
-bicycle tire pump (it does work enough to get me to a gas station)
-Tire repair kit
-an extra set of generic cables
-zip ties
-small tool bag
-gerber
-flashlight
-small rubber hose
-spare key zip tied to sub frame (very hidden and hard to get to)
-2x rachet straps
:lol: my trip was through Ike to be exact...

derf
01-11-2009, 02:40 PM
Ike sucked.

The ride to the CF rally last year had me following what I could barely make out as a red light, no matter how close or far I was from Tommy all I could see was a faint red glow.

Mr Lefty
01-11-2009, 02:45 PM
yeah I was in northern AR riding down to FL... fuck'n SOAKED... 3hrs of absolute solid rain... I had to ride with my visor open and my head down to just look over the wind screen as I couldn't go fast enough to get the wind to clean my visor... and wiping it just made it 10x worse.

then... got down into mississippi and it was hot as a motherfucker... yeah my gear smelled awesome! :lol:

Phenix_Rider
01-11-2009, 02:50 PM
I've ridden in some heavy rain. Wet feet, wet hands, soggy crotch. My head and upper body weren't bad except where the vents let water in. As long as I have dry clothes where I'm going, I don't much care. Now, hydroplaning bothers me! I love passing cagers in bad weather :lol:

Mr Lefty
01-11-2009, 02:51 PM
I've ridden in some heavy rain. Wet feet, wet hands, soggy crotch. My head and upper body weren't bad except where the vents let water in. As long as I have dry clothes where I'm going, I don't much care. Now, hydroplaning bothers me! I love passing cagers in bad weather :lol:
yeah I'll bet... never had that sensation while riding... and honestly... hope I never do! :lol:

Cutty72
01-11-2009, 02:53 PM

Hey ebbs, you should tell all the CFers what not to do when you get a flat tire :whistle:

And the frog togs work great! Had them on, hood up under my helmet, and plastic bags over my feet in my boots. Only thing that got wet was my hands :dthumb:

Phenix_Rider
01-11-2009, 02:54 PM
yeah I'll bet... never had that sensation while riding... and honestly... hope I never do! :lol:

I hope you don't. My front wheel lifted, and I had to slow down to get it back on the pavement. Had the wonderful choice of riding in ruts full of water, or center lane oil slick. Got lots of crazy looks :zowned:

Mr Lefty
01-11-2009, 03:21 PM
Hey ebbs, you should tell all the CFers what not to do when you get a flat tire :whistle:

And the frog togs work great! Had them on, hood up under my helmet, and plastic bags over my feet in my boots. Only thing that got wet was my hands :dthumb:

you mean like take it to a dealership and take their word on the fact that slime will work just fine and you can run it just like normal for at least a week... :panic:

yeah... slime=teh suck

Cutty72
01-11-2009, 03:25 PM
you mean like take it to a dealership and take their word on the fact that slime will work just fine and you can run it just like normal for at least a week... :panic:

yeah... slime=teh suck

That and not putting your kickstand down before you try airing up your flat tire :lol:

Mr Lefty
01-11-2009, 03:31 PM
That and not putting your kickstand down before you try airing up your flat tire :lol:

no... the kickstand was down... but the bike was resting balanced on the rim... not the kickstand like I thought. and with the exhaust being both heavy and on the opposite side of the kick stand... that's the side it fell to.

ahh joy

derf
01-12-2009, 11:32 PM
Another choice that I'm looking at, looks like the twisted throttle bag, but $50 less

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/14271/ITEM/Gears-Navigator-Tail-Bag.aspx

Found it cheaper at dennis kirk

http://www.denniskirk.com/1/1/121175-gears-navigator-tail-bag-1001791.html

And another great place to meet is the harley place right over the deleware memorial bridge. Plus it would be kinda funny to tell the harley crowd that we are shooting down to GA for the weekend.

tommymac
01-13-2009, 06:53 AM
Another choice that I'm looking at, looks like the twisted throttle bag, but $50 less

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/4/71/14271/ITEM/Gears-Navigator-Tail-Bag.aspx

Found it cheaper at dennis kirk

And another great place to meet is the harley place right over the deleware memorial bridge. Plus it would be kinda funny to tell the harley crowd that we are shooting down to GA for the weekend.

That first bag looks prety good and twisted throttle makes good stuff. A friend of mine from CF works for them too. I am hoping to see him at the bike show this weekend.

Tom

Phenix_Rider
01-13-2009, 08:02 AM

:rofl: The assless chaps crowd would think you're insane, and the lone 'stich wearer would say "just a day ride."

tommymac
01-13-2009, 08:08 AM
:rofl: The assless chaps crowd would think you're insane, and the lone 'stich wearer would say "just a day ride."

they would hate us for being on crotch rockets too. Derf has a 954 and I am on an aprilia futura ( or at least plan to be) so they dont know what to make of that :lol: I tell people its an aprilia then ask is it a ducati:idk:

Tom

Sixxxxer
01-13-2009, 09:05 AM
I'll be on a 6R...Not Exactly a Harley ;)

derf
01-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Tommy, your bike looks like akira could be riding it.

I just thought the harley shop might be a funny place to meet.

And those bags that I posted, I think that they are the same as the twisted throttle one, they look the same except for the colors. I would bet money that its the same manufacturer with a different name stuck on the bag. They both have the same specs, general design, and generally look the same.

Cutty72
01-13-2009, 08:06 PM
they would hate us for being on crotch rockets too. Derf has a 954 and I am on an aprilia futura ( or at least plan to be) so they dont know what to make of that :lol: I tell people its an aprilia then ask is it a ducati:idk:

Tom

Yeah, I've been told I ride an Aprillia, a MV, and even a Benelli... NO dumbass, it says BUELL real big right there on the airbox cover... read.

rogue
01-13-2009, 08:24 PM
Yeah, I've been told I ride an Aprillia, a MV, and even a Benelli... NO dumbass, it says BUELL real big right there on the airbox cover... read.

I've had that happen to me alot. They're looking at the bike...they see the big SUZUKI on the tank, and they still ask me...is that a Ninja? Ugh

Sixxxxer
01-13-2009, 08:43 PM
It does look like a Kawi though Rogue...Dont lie

Cutty72
01-13-2009, 09:40 PM

um, not really... never had anyone think my SV was anything else :idk:
Though most do think i wrecked it or something, since it's "missing" it's fairings. :lol:

derf
01-13-2009, 09:43 PM
The first time I saw an SV I thought the guy had the fairings off.

rogue
01-13-2009, 11:37 PM

:lol: Having an SV makes it easy for me to tell who knows a little about bikes & who are trying to impress me with what they don't know. It seems anyone who rides knows it's an SV.....those that want to appear to know something always give me something it's not. What's funny is when they combine 2 different bikes....like a Suzuki R6. :lmao:

tommymac
01-14-2009, 08:08 AM

Sometimes i can almost let it go if I have my tank bag on since it covers the logo. the best was a guy comes up to me and asks me do you know what kind of bike I have:idk:

ummmm yes I do dumbass I paid 10k for it I should at least know what the hell I am buying. Most of the time I just roll with the stupid questions but I told this guy to go away before he angers me.

Tom

asdgirl
01-14-2009, 08:04 PM
I voted no because I live in Dahlonega so I can just come home :D

If anyone wants to stay at my place I've got two extra rooms with their own full baths!! ;)

Can't wait to meet y'all!!!

Sixxxxer
01-15-2009, 12:25 AM

If anyone wants to stay at my place I've got two extra rooms with their own full baths!! ;)

Can I come over and cuddle?? :idk:

Amber Lamps
01-15-2009, 07:46 AM

Hey Rogue,why don't you and I share a room? Hopefully the shower is big enough for two....

Katherine
01-15-2009, 04:05 PM
This is just 5hrs and 38mins from my house. hmmm...

:dv:
(this smilie has no purpose other than I wanted to use it)

rogue
01-15-2009, 06:43 PM
Hey Rogue,why don't you and I share a room? Hopefully the shower is big enough for two....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Mr Lefty
01-16-2009, 12:38 AM
This is just 5hrs and 38mins from my house. hmmm...

:dv:
(this smilie has no purpose other than I wanted to use it)

so does that mean you'll get lost again and end up arriving at 1am?

Quick281
01-16-2009, 01:05 AM
Wish I could go to this thing, but I will be in Alaska by then. But hey, if I don't make it to AK then for sure I will be able to go.

Mr Lefty
01-16-2009, 03:46 AM
when you gonna be in AK?

Katherine
01-16-2009, 11:33 AM
so does that mean you'll get lost again and end up arriving at 1am?

I wasn't lost. I was given bad directions right before my GPS died.

p.s. Hydroplaning on the interstate down a mountain at night with lightening on either side of the road with a semi in front/behind/beside me is equivalent to that stupid mountain Trip took us down.

derf
01-16-2009, 01:05 PM

So I bout this bag, should come in the mail next week, and I'll write my thoughts on it. I wound up spending a nice chunk of change at denniskirk last night. Between the bag, a rear tire, windshield and some other small things I think I should have just made a mortgage payment instead.

Quick281
01-16-2009, 03:26 PM
when you gonna be in AK?

If all goes well I am hoping to be in AK at the beginning of May. : (

I applied for my job in Talkeetna again and got a better position than last summer. Gonna go up there and maybe stay a while, things suck down here.

Mr Lefty
01-16-2009, 07:22 PM
I wasn't lost. I was given bad directions right before my GPS died.

p.s. Hydroplaning on the interstate down a mountain at night with lightening on either side of the road with a semi in front/behind/beside me is equivalent to that stupid mountain Trip took us down.

:lol: yet both times you made it through just fine... scary but thrilling... and at least for me... Trip's road was AWESOME! Semi's in the rain... not so much

If all goes well I am hoping to be in AK at the beginning of May. : (

I applied for my job in Talkeetna again and got a better position than last summer. Gonna go up there and maybe stay a while, things suck down here.

well... good luck bro... I'll be driving down in about 3 weeks... can't wait!

Cutty72
01-16-2009, 07:30 PM
well... good luck bro... I'll be driving down in about 3 weeks... can't wait!

Hey, it might actually be warm by then :lol: We are up to 2 degrees right now!

rogue
01-16-2009, 08:03 PM

So I bout this bag, should come in the mail next week, and I'll write my thoughts on it. I wound up spending a nice chunk of change at denniskirk last night. Between the bag, a rear tire, windshield and some other small things I think I should have just made a mortgage payment instead.

I'm almost scared to know how much I'm going to be spending on the bike soon. I have some small maintainence shit I need to do, inlcuding buying a set of new tires. I'm probably going to need them come rally time.