PDA

View Full Version : TWF Rally Update & Need Input!

Pages : [1] 2

rogue
03-10-2009, 01:19 PM
This is the list as of today:

Attendees
Rogue (check in 7th - check out 11th)
Ericr (check in 7th - check out 11th)
Redd (check in 7th - check out 11th)
Derf (check in 7th - check out 11th)
Tommy (check in 7th - check out 11th)
Trip (check in 7th - check out 10th)
Amorok (check in 7th - check out 11th)
Chi (check in 7th - check out 10th)
Tigger (check in 7th - check out 10th)
Sixxxer (check in 7th - check out 11th)
Phenix Rider (check in -May 8th - check out May 11th)

Those Making Other Accommodations
Ricaholic
PistonPete
MFFJM2 - Arriving 8th - Leaving 11th
Lil Taz & S/O *dates not set & not sure if they'll be staying at TWO*
Smittie - Local

Pending
Ebbs
Fat Bstrd
Brian

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Since we do not have have 15 people who have committed to the lodge yet, lodging prices are as follows for those that have committed.

Thursday
$29 plus tax
Friday & Saturday
26.37 plus tax

Sunday I have not tallied yet. With only a few people wanting to stay, I thought of some alternatives:

1-Just rent the rooms in accordance to how many are staying that night
2-Alot of those who are staying until Monday are wanting to go ride Deal's Gap. Deal's Gap is approximately a two hour ride (give or take) and a suggestion was made that we could head out Sunday and make arrangements closer to Deal's Gap to enable us to have more riding time Monday. It was suggested we could ride the Cherohala Skyway on our way there Sunday (for info on the Cherohala Skyway go here: www.cherohala.com if you're not familiar with it), bunk down Sunday evening closer to the Gap, and we'd be fresh for riding it Monday.

These are just suggestions and if anyone else has any, please speak up! Nothing is set in stone yet.

Also, I have not made the reservations for TWO yet, nor has Trip or Eric that I'm aware of. So we need agree as a group within the next couple of days on the finalization of TWO.

Please remember we still have people who are pending and a couple of people who haven't committed to staying at the lodge yet so the pricing of each night per person at the lodge can still change. I also need to know if anyone is bringing a guest. The only set price is for the lodge itself of $290 per night.

Positives for staying at TWO:
~we will be together as a group and not scattered about
~for those that can't commit until a later date, we still have plenty of room in the lodge for them, instead of them being misplaced elsewhere.
~TWO is a motorcycle friendly establishment!

Negatives for staying at TWO:
~One bathroom in the lodge to share (although there are other facilities on the TWO grounds)
~Probably not as much privacy as there would be if we all rented rooms....

I can't think of any other reasons off the top of my head. I'm sure there are others. :lol:

If anyone has questions, commits, suggestions, please speak up now or forever hold your peace! :lol:

Thanks! And I look forward to meeting everyone! :D :D

Trip
03-10-2009, 03:21 PM
Looks good, now we just need to come up with where we are going to ride to.

Amorok
03-10-2009, 03:44 PM
Sounds awesome. With 11 of us it should only be around $30 per night, I think everybody can swing that and it'll be less if more people jump in. I'm for staying at the lodge and I really think we should just rent the whole thing out. Just let me know, I'm willing to roll with whatever.

ericr
03-10-2009, 03:54 PM
Looks good, now we just need to come up with where we are going to ride to.

I'm working on some routes we can run in the area Trip. I have the "Mad Maps" for that area and they have a good circle that swings around into NC and back that's around 250 miles. I'm also going to check out some roads I've seen on maps that I haven't ridden yet, will try to get up there soon and actually ride them to check the condition out and have some routes worked up. And we could always have an "explorer" day :D Flip a coin and pick a road :lol:

Here's a question, how many miles should we cut off a planned ride at? I'm used to looong days and lots of miles but I know some people aren't. So is 250miles good? 400 too many? Maybe we should break this into another thread too? :idk:

tommymac
03-10-2009, 04:00 PM
I'm working on some routes we can run in the area Trip. I have the "Mad Maps" for that area and they have a good circle that swings around into NC and back that's around 250 miles. I'm also going to check out some roads I've seen on maps that I haven't ridden yet, will try to get up there soon and actually ride them to check the condition out and have some routes worked up. And we could always have an "explorer" day :D Flip a coin and pick a road :lol:

Here's a question, how many miles should we cut off a planned ride at? I'm used to looong days and lots of miles but I know some people aren't. So is 250miles good? 400 too many? Maybe we should break this into another thread too? :idk:

We do 400 mile rides on our upstate runs, its a long day but very doable for me, also depends on how many stops we make. Some guys gripe on my rides because I dont stop much aside for gas and lunch :lol:

Tom

Trip
03-10-2009, 04:04 PM

I have a bunch of ideas for rides as well, i know one day I want to head to franklin, NC.

rogue
03-10-2009, 04:06 PM
250-400 mile rides are my usual. But I'm not used to riding in alot of twisties either.

The length of the ride doesn't matter to me. If I get tired, I fall back for a while. No biggie. It's what I normally do. :idk:

Amber Lamps
03-10-2009, 04:10 PM
My "Two" cents is the same as before,we should rent Two for the length of the rally to cover all contingencies. Better safe than sorry I say. At $290/night for 4 nights,that still makes for about $100 each,a sum I am willing to pay. Heck,as it stands I may be able to stay on that Mon as well,I'll know for sure as the time gets closer... I don't want anyone to be or feel "cheated" but seriously,because of TWO's set-up,I think that it is just better to have it for the entire time. As far as riding for 2 hours before the Gap that not a deal breaker for me. We could ride up,get a snack/meal and then ride for a few hours,I mean how many times do you want to go up and down the Dragon in one day? I'm no expert on the area but I am well aware that there are outstanding roads throughout that area and between TWO and the Gap. Heck,leave TWO in the morning,get a snack around the Gap,ride the Dragon a few times,take the long way back to TWO, Spend the last night,wake up Mon and head for home.

ericr
03-10-2009, 04:12 PM
I have a bunch of ideas for rides as well, i know one day I want to head to franklin, NC.

If you have some routes picked out, send them to me and I'll check out as much as I can before the rally for road conditions, etc. Franklin has a nice road running nw back over to 129 if the road is in good repair. Been years since I've been on it though and it was borderline before condition wise.

Trip
03-10-2009, 04:13 PM
My "Two" cents is the same as before,we should rent Two for the length of the rally to cover all contingencies. Better safe than sorry I say. At $290/night for 4 nights,that still makes for about $100 each,a sum I am willing to pay. Heck,as it stands I may be able to stay on that Mon as well,I'll know for sure as the time gets closer... I don't want anyone to be or feel "cheated" but seriously,because of TWO's set-up,I think that it is just better to have it for the entire time. As far as riding for 2 hours before the Gap that not a deal breaker for me. We could ride up,get a snack/meal and then ride for a few hours,I mean how many times do you want to go up and down the Dragon in one day? I'm no expert on the area but I am well aware that there are outstanding roads throughout that area and between TWO and the Gap. Heck,leave TWO in the morning,get a snack around the Gap,ride the Dragon a few times,take the long way back to TWO, Spend the last night,wake up Mon and head for home.

If you want to ride the gap, it's better to stay as close as possible so you can get there really early and hit it before the numbnuts get on it.

tommymac
03-10-2009, 04:14 PM

No way am I doing all that then riding 14 hrs home from the gap :lol:

Tom

rogue
03-10-2009, 04:17 PM
From earlier discussion I think the general consensus who wanted to ride the Gap was to ride it Monday. Less traffic, cops, etc.

I don't mind getting up early at TWO to go ride the Gap, find somewhere to stay Monday night and head home Tuesday.

Like Tommy, some of us are several hours away from home. Finding a place to stay Monday night is something else to consider...

Amber Lamps
03-10-2009, 04:17 PM
If you want to ride the gap, it's better to stay as close as possible so you can get there really early and hit it before the numbnuts get on it.

Hmmm... I guess. I'll go along with the crowd on this one. I want to do the entire rally but I don't care if we hit the Gap or not to tell the truth. If we can get accommodations close to Deal's then that's cool with me. I just want the details to be hashed out and let's get 'er done!

rogue
03-10-2009, 04:19 PM
If we can get accommodations close to Deal's then that's cool with me. I just want the details to be hashed out and let's get 'er done!

I'm working on that. ;)

I guess I'm just trying to make sure everyone is pleased with the lodging before I make the reservations. :)

Trip
03-10-2009, 04:19 PM
If you have some routes picked out, send them to me and I'll check out as much as I can before the rally for road conditions, etc. Franklin has a nice road running nw back over to 129 if the road is in good repair. Been years since I've been on it though and it was borderline before condition wise.

180 to 17 to 76 to warwoman up 28 into franklin. We can also take 64 on the way back.

tommymac
03-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Hmmm... I guess. I'll go along with the crowd on this one. I want to do the entire rally but I don't care if we hit the Gap or not to tell the truth. If we can get accommodations close to Deal's then that's cool with me. I just want the details to be hashed out and let's get 'er done!

I am not too particular on where or what we do, I just want to get the most out of it given all the miles I am traveling. I have ridden the gap before, if we do again it will be good and if not and we do something else that will work too.

Tom

rogue
03-10-2009, 04:25 PM
I haven't ridden the Gap, but it's really no big deal if I don't get to this time either. I'm sure I'll be able to hit it up on another trip. :)

Trip
03-10-2009, 04:27 PM
I haven't ridden the Gap, but it's really no big deal if I don't get to this time either. I'm sure I'll be able to hit it up on another trip. :)

shit, you need to ride the gap if you are coming this close. Yall should just get rooms at DGMR for sunday night. It's pretty cheap if you split it. 4 people can stay in one room, but 2 have to sleep together.

Amber Lamps
03-10-2009, 04:42 PM
From earlier discussion I think the general consensus who wanted to ride the Gap was to ride it Monday. Less traffic, cops, etc.

I don't mind getting up early at TWO to go ride the Gap, find somewhere to stay Monday night and head home Tuesday.

Like Tommy, some of us are several hours away from home. Finding a place to stay Monday night is something else to consider...

Oops...I said Mon,because that is my original plan but I thought we were thinking of keeping TWO;Fri,Sat,Sun,Mon so no one would have to leave until Tues....sorry. Or are we getting it ;Thurs afternoon-Mon checkout?

rogue
03-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Checking in Thursday and leaving Monday.

Alot of talk was made about leaving early Monday and riding the Gap then. Someone else suggested maybe heading towards the Gap Sunday staying somewhere closer to ride it Monday.

In all honesty, either way it doesn't matter to me. I'm just along for the ride... :lol: I just know that before I head home, I'll need to find somewhere to stay. I'm not riding Deal's Gap Monday and trying to make a 9-10 hour ride back the same day. :panic:

Amorok
03-10-2009, 04:47 PM
4 people can stay in one room, but 2 have to sleep together.

Dibs Rogue. Dibs.

tommymac
03-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Dibs Rogue. Dibs.

Youre out rogue sleeps with me, she likes my long hair:rockwoot:

Tom

Amorok
03-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Dammitt, fuckin military made me cut mine.

Sixxxxer
03-10-2009, 05:10 PM
Im down for whatever the general Populaton wants to do...If that involves riding naked...Fuck it Im in

Trip
03-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Im down for whatever the general Populaton wants to do...If that involves riding naked...Fuck it Im in

I'm not so sure I want to go to this rally anymore.

Sixxxxer
03-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Lol. Dont worry I Love Vagina...Alot.

I was just using an analgoy to show you im down for whatever

Trip
03-10-2009, 05:37 PM
Lol. Dont worry I Love Vagina...Alot.

I was just using an analgoy to show you im down for whatever

I don't really care if you like vagina or dick, I still don't want to see your naked ass riding a sportbike. :lol:

Sixxxxer
03-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Touche....I dont think I wanna see that either.

ericr
03-10-2009, 05:52 PM
Sixxer rides in the back, every ride... just in case :lol:

derf
03-10-2009, 05:57 PM
Nobody gets dibs on rogue until after me, I dont do sloppy seconds

Mr Lefty
03-10-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm still tentive... will be for at least another week or so... but there isn't anything going on that would be an instant no... but I may have to work oncall around that time...

as for where we go... what we do... I think 200 miles of twisties would be awesome... from the roads I rode in NC, TN, and KY... that's a good 8-9hrs of riding.

Phenix_Rider
03-10-2009, 07:54 PM

Same here- I don't care about the gap. I don't plan to bring anything with knee sliders, and I won't push that hard that far from home. I'm in it for the shenanigans and meeting some of you people that I've seen online the last few years.

TWO lodge sounds like the best bet to get a group together for riding convenience, drunk tricks and hilarity. Plus, it means everyone has a safe place to offload their junk and enjoy the ride more. It would also be a good place to head back to if anyone gets separated. On that note, a phone list would be a good thing for everyone to have- including who has patch kits/spare parts/tools. :whistle:

400 mile days sound good to me, as long as there's no slab involved. 2 hours of slab at a time is too much.

rogue
03-10-2009, 08:02 PM
Same here- I don't care about the gap. I'm in it for the shenanigans, and meeting some of you people.

I just realized you're in PA. I know you've committed to coming the 8th thru the 11th, but you can possibly meet up with Sixxxer, Derf, and Tommy if you can squeeze the 7th in. For sure you'll have them to ride back with. :D

Just thought I'd bring that up if you can possibly come down on the 7th. Safer in numbers and all that....

:) :)

Phenix_Rider
03-10-2009, 08:09 PM
I just realized you're in PA. I know you've committed to coming the 8th thru the 11th, but you can possibly meet up with Sixxxer, Derf, and Tommy if you can squeeze the 7th in. For sure you'll have them to ride back with. :D

Just thought I'd bring that up if you can possibly come down on the 7th. Safer in numbers and all that....

:) :)

I plan to start down the 7th and (note to self, don't say *ahem* crash when planning a long ride) at my brother's apartment in Boone, NC. Don't know if anyone else would care to do that- or even how big his apartment is :lol:

And this quote will be shared with the girls at work. :whistle: "If it wasn't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless!"

rogue
03-10-2009, 08:17 PM
I plan to start down the 7th and (note to self, don't say *ahem* crash when planning a long ride) at my brother's apartment in Boone, NC. Don't know if anyone else would care to do that- or even how big his apartment is :lol:

And this quote will be shared with the girls at work. :whistle:

:lol:

Gotcha. Just thought I'd let you know there's others from your area if you rather not ride down by yourself. ;)

tommymac
03-10-2009, 08:55 PM
I need to see what times we can all leave to head down too. I would much rather leave the NY/NJ area in darkness and make it down there with a little daylight left. For now it looks like just me derf and sixxer so we need to figure out a time and place to meet on 95 somewhere down south.

Tom

derf
03-10-2009, 08:59 PM
I think that our tentative plan is to meet at the rest stop in Delaware 5 miles south of the NJ/Delaware bridge, Probably start from either 7 or 8 am the do the 700 mile ride down I95, to I85 to I 40. Google says that it's a 12 hour ride. With stops and speeding I think it will take the entire 12 hours.

Gas Man
03-10-2009, 09:06 PM
I MAY come down... even ride "A" bike down instead of trailering.

rogue
03-10-2009, 09:07 PM
I MAY come down... even ride "A" bike down instead of trailering.

Good deal. Let us know! There's still plenty of room in the lodge! :D

Gas Man
03-10-2009, 09:30 PM
Little privacy... one bathroom... um.... yeah maybe... got allot of my plate right now to make a call like that.

ericr
03-10-2009, 09:31 PM
180 to 17 to 76 to warwoman up 28 into franklin. We can also take 64 on the way back.

That's a good route and most of what the mad maps has for the route I was looking at. From Franklin, Hwy 28 nw over to 129 is the road I was thinking of that I've been on but if you start back down 64, Wayah Rd turns off to the right and looks really nice on the map but I'm going to have to check it out to see what it's really like. If it's not good your whole route is good too. Depending on which way we head out of Franklin that'll be nearly 200 miles there.

Wolf Pen Gap (hwy 180) and War Woman Road are good roads! There are plenty to hit up over 2 to 3 days of riding.

rogue
03-10-2009, 09:34 PM
Little privacy... one bathroom... um.... yeah maybe... got allot of my plate right now to make a call like that.

Undstandable. :)

Trip
03-10-2009, 09:35 PM
That's a good route and most of what the mad maps has for the route I was looking at. From Franklin, Hwy 28 nw over to 129 is the road I was thinking of that I've been on but if you start back down 64, Wayah Rd turns off to the right and looks really nice on the map but I'm going to have to check it out to see what it's really like. If it's not good your whole route is good too. Depending on which way we head out of Franklin that'll be nearly 200 miles there.

Wolf Pen Gap (hwy 180) and War Woman Road are good roads! There are plenty to hit up over 2 to 3 days of riding.

Wayah is pretty tricky because it's always dirty.

NONE_too_SOFT
03-10-2009, 09:37 PM
for fucks sake. put me in for the first day and checking out on the last day. i thought i told u fucks i'd be there no worries no problems...

just cause i only check in every couple weeks doesnt mean i dont expect VIP treatment.

NONE_too_SOFT
03-10-2009, 09:38 PM
and im not riding any dirty, rocky roads. im really trying to go for 1 or less guardrail kisses this year.

Trip
03-10-2009, 09:42 PM
and im not riding any dirty, rocky roads. im really trying to go for 1 or less guardrail kisses this year.

lol, just back it down. Though that one turn wasn't cause of overriding, just more like a surprise.

rogue
03-10-2009, 09:44 PM
for fucks sake. put me in for the first day and checking out on the last day. i thought i told u fucks i'd be there no worries no problems...

just cause i only check in every couple weeks doesnt mean i dont expect VIP treatment.

Sorry I overlooked you! Jeez! You don't have to be an ass about it redflip

Gotcha down for the 7th to the 11th! :dthumb:

Look forward to seeing you there!! :D

Edit to add: Since you only check in every couple of week, do you have an alternate way of us getting in contact with you? It would help you get the VIP treatment you want. :lol:

Trip
03-10-2009, 09:51 PM

Edit to add: Since you only check in every couple of week, do you have an alternate way of us getting in contact with you? It would help you get the VIP treatment you want. :lol:

Just let me know what you need to tell him. I can shoot him a text.

ericr
03-10-2009, 09:52 PM
lol, just back it down. Though that one turn wasn't cause of overriding, just more like a surprise.

Blaming the dirt were we??? :D

I'll ride the road first near the time of the rally before I start recommending we all head down it. We don't want any guard rail or other incidents that weekend other than drunk derf blackmail pictures. ;)

NONE_too_SOFT
03-10-2009, 10:02 PM

no, phones been turned off for about 2 months now. its been quite nice.

Just let me know what you need to tell him. I can shoot him a text..

read above. although i'd love to hear from you and the kin, as i know they love me so much, i've neglected my cell phone responsibilities due to pissoffadness at the ohio winter and lack of riding.

I'll ride the road first near the time of the rally before I start recommending we all head down it. We don't want any guard rail or other incidents that weekend other than drunk derf blackmail pictures. ;)

That road i met my shoulders with had little to do with debris or lack of skill and everything to do with a maniac following a maniac on a road the later maniac new less about the the former one. i went in hot, not expecting the the radius to decrease as much as it did... and then it all went weightless.

I gotta say though, for those of you that have never lived through a solid lowside, ur missing out. (on tons of bills)

my new plastics will be here by end of march. i cant wait to get off my ass.

derf
03-10-2009, 10:11 PM
Yeh but that one bathroom has a toilet, a sink, and a tub, 3 people can use it at once.

Trip
03-10-2009, 10:17 PM

nah, he has just had other run in's with debris. We knew why we fucked up that turn. I about bit it as well. It surprised both of us.

rogue
03-10-2009, 10:19 PM
No email? :lol:

Just check in a little more often...just in case shit happens and gets changed. :)

I'm calling tomorrow to make reservations.

Yeh but that one bathroom has a toilet, a sink, and a tub, 3 people can use it at once.

Three guys a tub! Holy shit! I gotta get a camera now! :D

:lmao: :lmao:

Cutty72
03-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Someone borrow me a grand so I can come...

Trip
03-10-2009, 10:20 PM
I'm calling tomorrow to make reservations.

I believe eric has to do that, because he was the first one to get in touch with them so they have him as the first to want reservations.

rogue
03-10-2009, 10:22 PM
I believe eric has to do that, because he was the first one to get in touch with them so they have him as the first to want reservations.

We may have to gang up on them....it was my credit card we were going to use initially. :lol:

Eric and I will get together on it then.

ERIC! Answer your phone! :lol:

Sixxxxer
03-10-2009, 10:26 PM
Someone borrow me a grand so I can come...

A grand?? Shit I plan on being well below 500 for the whole trip Food and gas included

rogue
03-10-2009, 10:27 PM
A grand?? Shit I plan on being well below 500 for the whole trip Food and gas included

Look how far he'd be coming from though. He'd definitely have the most miles, that's for sure!

Sixxxxer
03-10-2009, 10:28 PM
So ride...Save money on gas...Dont be a Bitch :)

ericr
03-10-2009, 10:31 PM
We may have to gang up on them....it was my credit card we were going to use initially. :lol:

Eric and I will get together on it then.

ERIC! Answer your phone! :lol:

We'll work it out Trip, she can drop my I'm sure and I gave him the forum name too so I think it will work. If not I'll try my maxed out card and see if it will work to reserve it.

I did answer Stephanie!!!! :D

ericr
03-10-2009, 10:32 PM
nah, he has just had other run in's with debris. We knew why we fucked up that turn. I about bit it as well. It surprised both of us.

I hear ya, some of those curves are sneaky sons of biatches!

Cutty72
03-10-2009, 10:39 PM
So ride...Save money on gas...Dont be a Bitch :)

If it was just me, I'd just load Vader in the back of the pickup and head on down. But if I go, comonboys will want to come too, that means trailer for us.

That means about 125 gal of gas each way.
At an estimated $2.25/gal = $563 total
200 miles a day on the bike while there... = ~ $14/day X 4 days = $56
7 days of food ~ $35/day = $245
Figure a couple hundred for lodging over the whole time and there ya go.

Bonus of a trailer would be an enclosed place to park the bikes and sleep if need be.

Gas Man
03-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Why is the lodging so far from the gap? Not planning on spending much time at the gap? How close to the date can we reserve?

Cutty72
03-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Why is the lodging so far from the gap? Not planning on spending much time at the gap? How close to the date can we reserve?

The rally was moved to Suches GA to accomidate the CF'ers and due to increased Po Po at the Gap.

Gas Man
03-10-2009, 10:45 PM
YIKES... 11hrs from me....

ericr
03-10-2009, 10:46 PM

Lodging is that far from the Gap because we're having the rally in Suches :D

That was the original plan from our group from CF. We invited the TWFix'ers to join us if they wanted and the concensus from y'alls members was to join us at Suches.

Cutty72
03-10-2009, 10:48 PM
YIKES... 11hrs from me....

22 here... it's not the time that bothers me, it's the $$$

Gas Man
03-10-2009, 10:48 PM
Yeah I hear ya... I was staying out of it... just thinking it would be cool to ride down.... but I was thinking 8hrs... not 11

Cutty72
03-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Yeah I hear ya... I was staying out of it... just thinking it would be cool to ride down.... but I was thinking 8hrs... not 11

I still want to go. But it will depend on a lot of things between now and then.
I would NOT be riding however.

derf
03-10-2009, 11:06 PM
If it was just me, I'd just load Vader in the back of the pickup and head on down. But if I go, comonboys will want to come too, that means trailer for us.

That means about 125 gal of gas each way.
At an estimated $2.25/gal = $563 total
200 miles a day on the bike while there... = ~ $14/day X 4 days = $56
7 days of food ~ $35/day = $245
Figure a couple hundred for lodging over the whole time and there ya go.

Bonus of a trailer would be an enclosed place to park the bikes and sleep if need be.

your math is way off.

If you are gonna do the ride by yourself cut the gas bill in half, then lodging is $80 pp plus 1 night near the gap, where we will wind up room sharing.

If you drive your truck with other people in it, then divide the truck gas bill by how many people you have in it.

Cutty72
03-10-2009, 11:27 PM
your math is way off.

If you are gonna do the ride by yourself cut the gas bill in half, then lodging is $80 pp plus 1 night near the gap, where we will wind up room sharing.

If you drive your truck with other people in it, then divide the truck gas bill by how many people you have in it.

The gas bill was considering me driving my pickup pulling a trailer at around 11 mpg.
It would be me and comonboys, but as our arrangements are now, we kinda share money... so yeah, it's all the same.

If I come alone and ditch the trailer, I can probalby improve a couple MPG's. :idk:

As for lodging, I will probalby stop somewhere around half way on the way there and back. I just don't like driving 22 hours straight.

Amorok
03-11-2009, 06:31 AM
Pussy.

Phenix_Rider
03-11-2009, 06:44 AM
I think that our tentative plan is to meet at the rest stop in Delaware 5 miles south of the NJ/Delaware bridge, Probably start from either 7 or 8 am the do the 700 mile ride down I95, to I85 to I 40. Google says that it's a 12 hour ride. With stops and speeding I think it will take the entire 12 hours.

ugh...Not the route I'd choose- way too much slab. I plan to take US219 as far as I can (which is NC abouts) and then head west. But I'll definitely be leaving early. 6am-ish is likely.

tommymac
03-11-2009, 08:28 AM

You forgot bail money:whistle:

Tom

Gas Man
03-11-2009, 11:39 AM
Pussy.
Who?

:idk:

Amber Lamps
03-11-2009, 01:20 PM
no, phones been turned off for about 2 months now. its been quite nice.

read above. although i'd love to hear from you and the kin, as i know they love me so much, i've neglected my cell phone responsibilities due to pissoffadness at the ohio winter and lack of riding.

That road i met my shoulders with had little to do with debris or lack of skill and everything to do with a maniac following a maniac on a road the later maniac new less about the the former one. i went in hot, not expecting the the radius to decrease as much as it did... and then it all went weightless.

I gotta say though, for those of you that have never lived through a solid lowside, ur missing out. (on tons of bills)

my new plastics will be here by end of march. i cant wait to get off my ass.

Hey I sent you a pm but in case you don't get it and for anyone else who is feeling the pinch or whatever....

http://www.skype.com/download/skype/windows/

Works excellent! You can do video chat,play emails while you surf,is free Skype to Skype or for about $2/month it's unlimited and you get your own number for a few bucks. They also offer phone for a reasonable price or you can even use your PSP or similar device to make calls in any WiFi environment. Of course,it works all over the world from any computer. I lived off Skype and my PSP when I first moved here and sometimes I wish I would have kept it that way with maybe a cheap prepaid for emergencies. :idk:

tommymac
03-11-2009, 01:40 PM

I see one possible problem here. We may hit rush hour in the baltimore DC area around then. Not sure if you would want to leave earlier or alter the route to bypass all of that.

I think youre pretty accurate on the time though. Figure if we avg 70 most of the way thats 10 hrs and factor in 2 hrs of break time. With all of us on sportier bikes I figure were good for about 150 miles or so on a tank (i can stretch it on the hwy to about 180) so we will be stopping roughly every 2 hrs anyway.

Now I am gettin excited, got some more work done on the bike last night, all I realy need now is an oil change, wash al;l the dirt/sand off (riding to the construction sites) clean and lube the chain and throw the battery back in and were good to go.:dthumb:

Tom

derf
03-12-2009, 02:33 AM
Actually what I was thinking is if maybe we might want to leave the night before. Not sure what time folks get out of work, but it might be worth it to get past DCeven if it means leaving the rest stop at 10 and getting through DC at midnight. and finding a cheap roadside motel for $30. I 95 is littered with them just south of DC, plus I know of one with a strip joint attached, but I would put the bikes in the room for that one, then lock them up inside the room too. I'm all in favor of this, just because it means that thursday will be a shorter day, and that means more shenanigans for us!

Another possible route is to hang a right on I70 in baltimore, then a left on I81 heading south until you hit I26, then local 23 to 441 to 64 to 515 to TWO. not that I put too much thought into it or anything.

Oh and DC traffic means that we are fucked starting from about 530 am until about 10 then again from 2 til 8 or 9 at night. But if you take the outer loop and just ride it out it shouldnt be bad.

rogue
03-12-2009, 03:03 AM
This reminds me, I still haven't gotten with Amorok for any plans yet.

Amorok, if you read this before I get in contact with you, text me or something so we can start planning, k? Thanks! :D

Amorok
03-12-2009, 07:21 AM
Word, I'll text you after my son's doctor appointment.

Gas Man, I was making fun of Cutty for not wanting to ride 22 hours. I'm kidding of course as that would be a brutal ride but when I was stationed in ND for all those years I used to do 20 hour drives all the time to go on leave. Thank God I live somewhere that doesn't suck now.

tommymac
03-12-2009, 07:41 AM
Actually what I was thinking is if maybe we might want to leave the night before. Not sure what time folks get out of work, but it might be worth it to get past DCeven if it means leaving the rest stop at 10 and getting through DC at midnight. and finding a cheap roadside motel for $30. I 95 is littered with them just south of DC, plus I know of one with a strip joint attached, but I would put the bikes in the room for that one, then lock them up inside the room too. I'm all in favor of this, just because it means that thursday will be a shorter day, and that means more shenanigans for us!

Another possible route is to hang a right on I70 in baltimore, then a left on I81 heading south until you hit I26, then local 23 to 441 to 64 to 515 to TWO. not that I put too much thought into it or anything.

Oh and DC traffic means that we are fucked starting from about 530 am until about 10 then again from 2 til 8 or 9 at night. But if you take the outer loop and just ride it out it shouldnt be bad.

See what sixxer wants to do. either plan works for me. I will prolly work at the jobsite that wednesday but will be home and can get on the road prety easily. Only thing is I will have ot leave here around 8 or so to meet you guys and may still get hit with some traffic on the NJ tpke and getting out of NYC. I am not familiar with the other route you mentioned and am not sure how traffic is around DC (will we be flowing with traffic or going against it in the AM) I have no prolem with leaving NY at 2 or 3 am to meet you guys or go earlier. I guess for sleeping somewhere we can see how it goes, sometimes I get that burst where I just want to get there and other times its just time to knock out for a bit. If we do several hrs in the dark I am sure the sun comming up will give us a little boost as well.

Tom

derf
03-12-2009, 08:39 AM
Ive ridden through the night without realizing it before, and only stopped for a short nap. I should have my screaming meanie (the alarm clock to end all alarm clocks) so we could take a 2 hour nap in the middle of the night and be up just in time to watch a romantic sunrise!

Sixxxxer
03-12-2009, 01:19 PM
If you guys want to leave in the Night to help ease the pain of traffic...I'm down, I'm a crazy fuck so Whatever works for the best Im down with...I'm the same way, sometimes I just wanna get there and I get all excited and shit other times Im like fuck it lets crash.

tommymac
03-12-2009, 01:44 PM
Ok so now that we know were all crazy and dont give a flyin fuck :lol: do yall want to leave wed night or go late night so that were past dc before 4 or 5am. Baltimore and Dc cant be much more than an hr or 2 at the most from that rest spot. Fred would it be faster doing 95 to 85 or going the other way.

Tom

rogue
03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Looks like plans are beginning to come together nicely. :)

I'm still trying to get in touch with GT at TWO.... *sigh*

tommymac
03-12-2009, 04:09 PM
Looks like plans are beginning to come together nicely. :)

I'm still trying to get in touch with GT at TWO.... *sigh*

How bad will it be if me derf and sixxer get there first and start drinking. we will burn the plcae down before anyone else gets there :rockwoot:

Tom

rogue
03-12-2009, 04:13 PM
It's only bad if you burn the damn place down.

Keep Derf away from fires. He's clumsy, ya know. :lol:

tommymac
03-12-2009, 04:30 PM
It's only bad if you burn the damn place down.

Keep Derf away from fires. He's clumsy, ya know. :lol:

So long as the ball gag stays in his stuff untill you arrive. Sixxer and I are much larger than he is and it wouldnt end well :lol:

Tom

Amber Lamps
03-12-2009, 04:49 PM
Okay,why is it every time we start another thread about the rally,you 3 or 4 people have to take it over to make your personal plans? You guys wore out the last thread talking about how you were gonna get drunk and now you're on and on about how you're getting there. Have you not heard of PMs or at least start a new thread so I don't keep checking this thread for updates only to have to read about your trip plans. I know you think I'm being a dick here but seriously,that's 2 or 3 threads now... I really don't care how you're getting there or what time you're gonna leave. I'm sorry,I just want to pay whatever I have to pay and be all set,keeping my personal travel arrangements to myself .

rogue
03-12-2009, 04:50 PM
So long as the ball gag stays in his stuff untill you arrive. Sixxer and I are much larger than he is and it wouldnt end well :lol:

Tom

IIRC, he was told to bring it, but that didn't mean he was going to be able to use it. :lol:

I've taken down bigger guys than him. :whistle:

rogue
03-12-2009, 04:54 PM
Okay,why is it every time we start another thread about the rally,you 3 or 4 people have to take it over to make your personal plans? You guys wore out the last thread talking about how you were gonna get drunk and now you're on and on about how you're getting there. Have you not heard of PMs or at least start a new thread so I don't keep checking this thread for updates only to have to read about your trip plans. I know you think I'm being a dick here but seriously,that's 2 or 3 threads now... I really don't care how you're getting there or what time you're gonna leave. I'm sorry,I just want to pay whatever I have to pay and be all set,keeping my personal travel arrangements to myself .

:sorry: ...not intentionally...it just happens.

Duly noted and understood. Didn't think about that. I'll only post updates on this thread from now on. :dthumb:

I'll keep other comments to the threads we've already hijacked. :D

Amber Lamps
03-12-2009, 04:58 PM
:sorry: ...not intentionally...it just happens.

Duly noted and understood. Didn't think about that. I'll only post updates on this thread from now on. :dthumb:

I'll keep other comments to the threads we've already hijacked. :D

Thanks! Seriously,you pm'd me that you started this new thread to "only list dates you intend to attend the rally" and then you guys go on and on about,ball gags,booze,travel arrangements,etc. Anyway,I'm sorry if I was a prick,I quit checking the last thread for this reason...

Mr Lefty
03-12-2009, 08:25 PM

yeah I hear ya.... wasn't gonna say anything as I'm still not sure I'm going...

though I did hear of some kick ass routes around suches from my new co-worker...

Amber Lamps
03-12-2009, 08:35 PM
yeah I hear ya.... wasn't gonna say anything as I'm still not sure I'm going...

though I did hear of some kick ass routes around suches from my new co-worker...

Hey you need to come Bro. It's our birthday weekend! Come on man!! Don't let a brother down!

Mr Lefty
03-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Hey you need to come Bro. It's our birthday weekend! Come on man!! Don't let a brother down!

it's look'n good so far... still haven't figured out who my supervisor is... so when they do that... I was told monday.... I'll submit my request. should be fine... but ya never know... and I don't wanna get my hopes up...

ya'll know about me and road trips and last minute military bs... :lol:

Amorok
03-13-2009, 06:21 AM
Bullshit. You're coming.

the chi
03-17-2009, 05:35 PM
Shit, thanks Tig, Im totally confused...several pages, and um...where are we and what are we doing?

Gas Man, Suches was also decided to be a better place from the TWF peeps as its new, less Popo, and as Blood Mountain is insane fun in a truck, who can imagine what its like on a bike??!!

I am still trying to get things arranged for me to make it up, keep me on the list...I'll be coming up with Ebbs n Amorok is all I know right now...

Now, how much do I need to worry about paying for my 3 night stay? And what else other than gas and food do I need to worry about paying for? Im cheap, Im trying to get alot of things paid off before I become unemployed and move in late June or early July and the only thing I care about in regards to making the trip is the $$ involved...

ericr
03-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Now, how much do I need to worry about paying for my 3 night stay? And what else other than gas and food do I need to worry about paying for? Im cheap, Im trying to get alot of things paid off before I become unemployed and move in late June or early July and the only thing I care about in regards to making the trip is the $$ involved...

Rae, it should be around $80 for 3 nights where we stand right now. That should cover taxes too unless our number of people change. That's not counting a couple maybe people either. That's the 3 nights at the TWO lodge, if you come up early with ebbs and amorok then you'll have a little more.

Gas Man
03-17-2009, 11:18 PM
Yeah I don't care... I just have 5 days off... and it would waste a day on each end of my long weekend just in riding down...

Amorok
03-19-2009, 12:10 AM
Rae, it should be around $80 for 3 nights where we stand right now. That should cover taxes too unless our number of people change. That's not counting a couple maybe people either. That's the 3 nights at the TWO lodge, if you come up early with ebbs and amorok then you'll have a little more.

80 a night or 80 for the weekend total? I suck at math worse than derf.

derf
03-19-2009, 12:29 AM

Thanks I appreciate that and it makes me feel sooooo loved

FT BSTRD
03-19-2009, 01:31 AM
Take me off the pending list.

I sold my junk. I'm bikeless.

Mr Lefty
03-19-2009, 07:57 AM
Take me off the pending list.

I sold my junk. I'm bikeless.
and you're not gonna have a bike by may?

ericr
03-19-2009, 03:30 PM

for 3 nights Amorok, roughly $26 a night. We got the whole lodge for $290 per night and we're dividing that between 12 people right now. It's actually $72 and change each for all 3 nights without the tax so I gave a rough number of $80 per person for the 3 night weekend.

I'll get my crayons out if Derf needs help with it ;) :lol:

rogue
03-19-2009, 03:49 PM
for 3 nights Amorok, roughly $26 a night. We got the whole lodge for $290 per night and we're dividing that between 12 people right now. It's actually $72 and change each for all 3 nights without the tax so I gave a rough number of $80 per person for the 3 night weekend.

I'll get my crayons out if Derf needs help with it ;) :lol:

I've done that already. And I haven't heard from GT yet either. :idk:

Thursday
26.36 plus tax
Friday & Saturday:
24.17 plus tax

Cost per night so far (and no...I didn't count Ebbs yet :nee: )

the chi
03-19-2009, 03:50 PM
Can i get the addy of the lodge so I can GPS it? If Im coming by myself I need to plan ahead...

rogue
03-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Can i get the addy of the lodge so I can GPS it? If Im coming by myself I need to plan ahead...

;)

Physical address: 3580 State Hwy 60, Suches GA 30572

Hopefully we'll all have someone to ride with there. If not the whole way, meet up along the way. :)

the chi
03-19-2009, 04:25 PM
;)

Physical address: 3580 State Hwy 60, Suches GA 30572

Hopefully we'll all have someone to ride with there. If not the whole way, meet up along the way. :)

Thanks dear!! Hmm, 6 hours 42 mins according to mapquest...not to mention, thats straight north of my parents...and I KNOW they'll want me to visit...*sigh*

dReWpY
03-19-2009, 04:34 PM
on the off chance i go, it will be on a whim and a prayer, so if i make it is there a spot on someones floor, will chip in the jack for said floor space

rogue
03-19-2009, 04:38 PM
on the off chance i go, it will be on a whim and a prayer, so if i make it is there a spot on someones floor, will chip in the jack for said floor space

There should still be plenty of room in the lodge. ;)

Mr Lefty
03-19-2009, 07:47 PM
Thanks dear!! Hmm, 6 hours 42 mins according to mapquest...not to mention, thats straight north of my parents...and I KNOW they'll want me to visit...*sigh*

boom an excuse to take more time off! :D

derf
03-19-2009, 10:40 PM
Hehe my leave got approved today, all 3 days. But thats right after the 4 day pass I'm taking right against it.

For you non military people that means I'm taking 7 days off and only using 3 vacation days.

FT BSTRD
03-20-2009, 01:09 AM
and you're not gonna have a bike by may?

Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on how the economy is going. Right now, I'm getting kicked in the dick.

tommymac
03-20-2009, 01:15 AM
I put my days in too. Only working monday in the Er the week before and not going back till the following wed or thursday. I will work the side job tues and wed and we will leave wed night I guess.

Tom

the chi
03-20-2009, 09:50 AM
boom an excuse to take more time off! :D

Yeah uh no. Im still up in the air. I have my vacation days to take, plus a day or so float time and some comp time, but I will have to take a week or so to go house hunting before too long in addition to this...And im trying to get a trip up to NY around the same time...too many things, not enough time or money!

tommymac
03-20-2009, 09:53 AM
Yeah uh no. Im still up in the air. I have my vacation days to take, plus a day or so float time and some comp time, but I will have to take a week or so to go house hunting before too long in addition to this...And im trying to get a trip up to NY around the same time...too many things, not enough time or money!

just ride back with me :lol:

Tom

the chi
03-20-2009, 09:59 AM
just ride back with me :lol:

Tom

:lol: Thanks for the offer, but its a non MC trip. My best friend from childhood lives in NYC, and I havent seen her in a few years so I am trying to get up there for a long weekend to catch up and "relax".

derf
03-22-2009, 02:42 AM
:lol: Thanks for the offer, but its a non MC trip. My best friend from childhood lives in NYC, and I havent seen her in a few years so I am trying to get up there for a long weekend to catch up and "relax".

If you want ride back with us, leave the bike at my house, take the train into the city, I'm an hour and a half south of NYC.

Then come back in a few days to pick it up and ride home, all is good.

Mr Lefty
03-26-2009, 10:00 AM
Got the official ok today... I'll be there. I've got leave from the 4th-10th. but I'll probably head out on the 2nd or so... gonna have to order some tires :D

Sixxxxer
03-26-2009, 10:03 AM

Wait wait wait...Your not coming to the Rally???

the chi
03-26-2009, 10:04 AM
Wait wait wait...Your not coming to the Rally???

As of right now Im coming, Im just not riding back to NY with you guys! :lol:

Sixxxxer
03-26-2009, 10:09 AM
Ahh...Well then Im ok with that...Its a long fucking ride Lol

rogue
03-26-2009, 10:17 AM
Got the official ok today... I'll be there. I've got leave from the 4th-10th. but I'll probably head out on the 2nd or so... gonna have to order some tires :D

WooT! :rockwoot:

Trip
03-26-2009, 10:27 AM

schweet, good deal man

Amber Lamps
03-26-2009, 10:38 AM
schweet, good deal man

Huzzah! Um have we nailed down the dates on TWO and the possible lodgings at the Gap?

Mr Lefty
03-26-2009, 01:20 PM
I thought we had TWO all settled? as for the Gap... I'll be up in that area from the 3rd till Trip and I ride down the 6th (right?) so I'll be scrubbing in my tires :D

motherfuckers start your sunny 75* days dance!!!

rogue
03-26-2009, 01:22 PM
I thought we had TWO all settled? as for the Gap... I'll be up in that area from the 3rd till Trip and I ride down the 6th (right?) so I'll be scrubbing in my tires :D

motherfuckers start your sunny 75* days dance!!!

TWO is pretty much settled, according to Eric. Although GT was supposed to get in contact with me for a credit card for the reservation and hasn't yet (not from lack of me trying). But from what I understand, it's reserved. I'm still trying to get in touch with GT.

Mr Lefty
03-26-2009, 01:24 PM
why don't you try contacting TWO and just give them the CC number directly... :idk:

rogue
03-26-2009, 01:28 PM
why don't you try contacting TWO and just give them the CC number directly... :idk:

I have been. GT is the one who normally returns calls and emails. I've left messages, emailed, etc. Eric's talked to him and gave him my contact info. I'll talk to Eric about later on the phone when he gets off work to see how we can finished getting it resolved.

TWO has us down for reservations for that weekend...just no CC number.

Mr Lefty
03-26-2009, 01:30 PM
ahh I was thinking GT was a member here... :lol:

ericr
03-26-2009, 05:15 PM
ahh I was thinking GT was a member here... :lol:

:ps: :D I've been in contact with GT through email, said he had us down for the 3 nights and he would call Rogue to get the CC#. I'll be surprised if he calls for the card, just the feeling I got.

rogue
03-26-2009, 05:30 PM
:ps: :D I've been in contact with GT through email, said he had us down for the 3 nights and he would call Rogue to get the CC#. I'll be surprised if he calls for the card, just the feeling I got.

Just as long as he makes good on the reservation, I don't care. But it would be nice to know one way or the other. :lol:

tommymac
03-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Who are we figuring will be arriving first, that way we can get the rooms and kinda get things situated. if all goes well I think were looking at a early to mid afternoon arrival from NY/NJ.

Tom

Amber Lamps
03-27-2009, 07:36 AM
Okay,my last question is....you mentioned that we have TWO for 3 nights,and those are....Thu,Fri,Sat or Fri,Sat,Sun ? Just wanna be clear. Because I could have sworn we were staying from the 7th-11th which is 4 nights... Oh and let's update the who's going list please.

tommymac
03-27-2009, 07:43 AM
Okay,my last question is....you mentioned that we have TWO for 3 nights,and those are....Thu,Fri,Sat or Fri,Sat,Sun ? Just wanna be clear. Because I could have sworn we were staying from the 7th-11th which is 4 nights...

I believe that is correct. it better be since were leaving wed night and will travel overnight to get there on thursday.

Tom

Amber Lamps
03-27-2009, 07:44 AM
I believe that is correct. it better be since were leaving wed night and will travel overnight to get there on thursday.

Tom

Ok,I'm kool with getting there on Thursday...but what about Sun night? I know there is talk of staying at the Gap and all....

Mr Lefty
03-27-2009, 07:47 AM
Trip and I will PROBABLY be the first there... but then again... Eric lives the closest...

I think Trip and I were planning on riding down the 6th... but that may have changed.

tommymac
03-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Ok,I'm kool with getting there on Thursday...but what about Sun night? I know there is talk of staying at the Gap and all....

i still havent figured out my plans yet. i think we were leaving that up in the air for now.

Tom

Mr Lefty
03-27-2009, 08:11 AM
well look'n at the list only a couple of us are set to leave on the 10th... so ya'll might wanna get that sorted out...

I'm sure it'd be easier to cancel sunday night if ya'll wanna head out sooner... than it would be to try and extend for another night... :2cents:

Amber Lamps
03-27-2009, 10:40 AM
well look'n at the list only a couple of us are set to leave on the 10th... so ya'll might wanna get that sorted out...

I'm sure it'd be easier to cancel sunday night if ya'll wanna head out sooner... than it would be to try and extend for another night... :2cents:

Exactly! Oh and I thought most were staying through the 11th which is Mon. Anyway,all I know is I'm psyched that my boy Ebbs is going and it's our birthday! WOOT!

Mr Lefty
03-27-2009, 12:34 PM
:lol: well I gotta work on the 11th so I'm out on the 10th...

and it's our birthday week... so for ideas for me... GAS CARDS :lol: or gift cards to buy new tires...

Amber Lamps
03-27-2009, 12:46 PM

and it's our birthday week... so for ideas for me... GAS CARDS :lol: or gift cards to buy new tires...

Hey aren't you hanging out with Nick on the 6th? If it's ok I might be up for that,if there's a spot on the floor on something that is....

Trip
03-27-2009, 12:49 PM
yeah, i think we are going to stay at DGMR on the 6th if anyone else wants to show up.

derf
03-27-2009, 05:15 PM

You'll be lucky if tommy uses the ball gag on you

tommymac
03-27-2009, 05:16 PM

only if he asks nicely

Tom

derf
03-27-2009, 05:40 PM
The bitch will ask nicely while the bitch puts the lotion on its skin

rogue
03-27-2009, 05:41 PM

...or else he gets the hose again :rofl:

Mr Lefty
03-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Hey aren't you hanging out with Nick on the 6th? If it's ok I might be up for that,if there's a spot on the floor on something that is....
see below
yeah, i think we are going to stay at DGMR on the 6th if anyone else wants to show up.
sounds good! can't wait to fuck'n ride!

only if he asks nicely

Tom
...or else he gets the hose again :rofl:

:wtf: OSP steal someones login? :lol:

rogue
03-27-2009, 06:56 PM
Someone's gotta take up his slack since he hasn't been around. :lol:

Where is our shovel toting comrade anyway? :scratch: Has anyone heard from him?

tommymac
03-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Someone's gotta take up his slack since he hasn't been around. :lol:

Where is our shovel toting comrade anyway? :scratch: Has anyone heard from him?

I iwll bring a shovel just in case:panic:

Tom

rogue
03-27-2009, 10:04 PM
I iwll bring a shovel just in case:panic:

Tom

:panic: :panic: :panic:

tommymac
03-27-2009, 10:26 PM
:panic: :panic: :panic:

Someone needs to pick up the slack :dthumb:

Tom

rogue
03-27-2009, 10:49 PM
Someone needs to pick up the slack :dthumb:

Tom

Does that mean you're gonna start talking about burying your patients? :lol:

ericr
03-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Well, since everyone was talking about riding Deals Gap on Monday and we kinda discussed leaving TWO on Sun to take the long way up to DG and stay up there that night instead of doing a 2 hr ride with just to get there Mon morning... I can email GT if y'all want to stay at TWO Sun night. Doesn't matter to me :idk:

Mr Lefty
03-28-2009, 09:45 AM
I say you might wanna stay up near DG for sunday night if you're gonna ride it on monday... that way ya'll have a place to put all your shit... just ask Drewpy for pics of luggage on the Gap :lol:

tommymac
03-28-2009, 09:51 AM
Does that mean you're gonna start talking about burying your patients? :lol:

That stuff I cant go into :whistle:

Tom

ericr
03-28-2009, 10:16 AM
I say you might wanna stay up near DG for sunday night if you're gonna ride it on monday... that way ya'll have a place to put all your shit... just ask Drewpy for pics of luggage on the Gap :lol:

That too! I've seen Drewpy's pic :panic:

Amber Lamps
03-28-2009, 07:02 PM
That too! I've seen Drewpy's pic :panic:

Hey that's cool with me! Well,Eric do you want to lock in lodging for Deal's Gap for Sun night?

rogue
03-28-2009, 07:11 PM
I think those that wanted to check out on the 11th at TWO should be asked as well.

At present here's the list of those who are checking out on the 11th:

Me
Eric
Redd (Eric, I know her situation has changed, you may need to call her and see if she's still able to come)
Derf
Tommymac
Amorok
Tigger
Sixxxer
Phenix Rider
NtS

I don't care one way or the other. I'm pretty sure Amorok will be down for whatever is decided as well, but double check with him too. :) If you guys want me to, I'll get in touch with the others and get their opnions. Trip will need to contact NtS. I think he's the only one that has a way of contacting him.

Sixxxxer
03-28-2009, 08:49 PM
I gotta be at the Outer Banks by the 12th So Im Def down to ride the Dragon on Monday and Ill stay at DG Sunday night...

Fuck it Im in!!

rogue
03-29-2009, 12:06 AM
Tommy's in for going to the Gap Sunday. Derf's following his lead. I think the only one's that we need to see if they want to is NtS, Phenix Rider, and Amorok. :)

NONE_too_SOFT
03-29-2009, 01:36 AM
put me on the list plz. 7-10. might come even earlier.

I'll room with whomever. or whomever is willing to room with me....

yea.

rogue
03-29-2009, 09:56 AM
put me on the list plz. 7-10. might come even earlier.

I'll room with whomever. or whomever is willing to room with me....

yea.

Gotcha. Thanks. The earlier guys are meeting at the Gap so talk to Trip about what they're doing. :)

Phenix_Rider
03-29-2009, 03:54 PM
Damn peer pressure :panic:

If the entire rally is heading to the gap, I guess I'll follow. Just know I'm going slow. I've no need to be a semi splat, or be taken out by some moron that can't turn.

What's lodging for the group look like there?

Mr Lefty
03-29-2009, 03:56 PM

If the entire rally is heading to the gap, I guess I'll follow. Just know I'm going slow. I've no need to be a semi splat, or be taken out by some moron that can't turn.

EVERYONE will be going slow... trust me... my first thought was FUCK'N Hell! :lol: but in a good way... almost split my lips smiling so damn much in my helmet.

rogue
03-29-2009, 04:21 PM

I'll be going slow too.... :lol:

I'm looking for places near the Gap now.

I need to find out from everyone if they want to try to stay at DGMR or just get a few hotel rooms and split cost. DGMR won't take a reservation now according to their website. Those are to be made 60 days in advance. So trying to stay there may be iffy right now.

I'm researching other places right now and will send PM's to those going to the Gap within a day or two. So far it looks like it's going to cost about the same per person.

tommymac
03-29-2009, 04:31 PM
guess I will be out front then :lol: too bad that mc cabin on rt28 isnt there anymore that would have been a great place to stay.

Tom

Amber Lamps
03-30-2009, 08:04 AM
I'll be going slow too.... :lol:

I'm looking for places near the Gap now.

I need to find out from everyone if they want to try to stay at DGMR or just get a few hotel rooms and split cost. DGMR won't take a reservation now according to their website. Those are to be made 60 days in advance. So trying to stay there may be iffy right now.

I'm researching other places right now and will send PM's to those going to the Gap within a day or two. So far it looks like it's going to cost about the same per person.

Um,it's well under 60 days Pythagoras!

Mr Lefty
03-30-2009, 08:59 AM
man I can't wait... I got shit on order for my bike... :drool: the bitch is all torn down... :D

dReWpY
03-30-2009, 10:31 AM
EVERYONE will be going slow... trust me... my first thought was FUCK'N Hell! :lol: but in a good way... almost split my lips smiling so damn much in my helmet.

:panic::idk:

Mr Lefty
03-30-2009, 11:26 AM

I meant for the new riders... not you fuckers who have that shit in your back yard.

and besides... your still only doing what 25ish right? :lol:

Phenix_Rider
03-30-2009, 12:12 PM

Alright, so it'll be the people on "little bikes" :lol: Don't know if my widdle 650 will keep up :panic:

Trip
03-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Alright, so it'll be the people on "little bikes" :lol: Don't know if my widdle 650 will keep up :panic:

your 650 with the right suspension is made for roads like the gap.

Phenix_Rider
03-30-2009, 12:31 PM

It's on the list. Emulators up front I could even do before the rally. Shock in the rear is going to take a lot of convincing- $750 worth!

dReWpY
03-30-2009, 12:34 PM
I meant for the new riders... not you fuckers who have that shit in your back yard.

and besides... your still only doing what 25ish right? :lol:

your honor to the best of my knowledge, i was traveling at 1 mph under the speed limit. :diitb:

Trip
03-30-2009, 12:56 PM
It's on the list. Emulators up front I could even do before the rally. Shock in the rear is going to take a lot of convincing- $750 worth!

no other shocks work for your bike? Just aftermarket?

Amber Lamps
03-30-2009, 04:26 PM

I thought a GSXR shock would work....:whistle:

tommymac
03-30-2009, 07:23 PM

Should be real fun muscling the futura through the gap, I think it will be fine for the higher speed stuff on the skyway though. last time I was there I had my TL and railed through there, I try that this time it may not end well :)

Tom

rogue
03-30-2009, 07:35 PM

I'm on an SV... :lol: There's a couple of guys on cruisers too. :D

I'm anxious to see how other people do at the Gap. I've never been....heard and saw pics and videos of the horror stories. I don't want to become one of them, especially since we don't have anything remotely like the curves at the Gap here. I'll be taking my time. :lol:

Phenix_Rider
03-30-2009, 08:17 PM
Nope
I thought a GSXR shock would work....:whistle:
and nope. Unless your gixxer rider weighs more than his bike- about two times more :panic:

I gather that the rear spring rate on the 650R is about 1200 lbs/in. That's right, twelve hundred. No linkage to make a puny 400-600 lbs/in work like most supersports have.

I'm on an SV... :lol: There's a couple of guys on cruisers too. :D

I'm anxious to see how other people do at the Gap. I've never been....heard and saw pics and videos of the horror stories. I don't want to become one of them, especially since we don't have anything remotely like the curves at the Gap here. I'll be taking my time. :lol:
NO ONE is allowed near the tree of shame. ONLY rule- no crashing.

rogue
03-30-2009, 09:04 PM
Shhhh!!!! You weren't supposed to say the name of it!!!! :panic: :panic: :panic:

Mr Lefty
03-30-2009, 09:09 PM
Shhhh!!!! You weren't supposed to say the name of it!!!! :panic: :panic: :panic:

blah... you'll be fine... just remember what's behind you DOESN'T MATTER! if someone wants to pass... they'll pass... if not... FUCK THEM.

relax and have fun... but don't hug they yellow... too many douche bags... good your hitting it on a week day though!

Trip
03-30-2009, 10:01 PM
Just don't be a dumbass that spouts 318 curves in 11 miles. First it's not 318 curves and practically no one actually regularly rides all 11.1 miles unless they are going to the store or dams on the otherside of the gap or going home.

Mr Lefty
03-30-2009, 10:04 PM
i was gonna say... I only counted 294... and I was being generous :lol:

Trip
03-30-2009, 10:06 PM
i was gonna say... I only counted 294... and I was being generous :lol:

318 was the cubic inches of Pete's truck when he owned DGMR.

Mr Lefty
03-30-2009, 10:08 PM
:lol: funny how things get blown out of proportion :lol:

Amorok
04-02-2009, 06:37 AM
Well, I'm on a cruiser and I ride like an old man, so it should be fine. I can't wait to ride the gap listening to queens of the stone age.

was92v
04-02-2009, 07:39 AM
318 was the cubic inches of Pete's truck when he owned DGMR.

Even that is generous, Pete's truck had a 302 in it...

The story was that the count came off of a topo map and counts from the lake to the bridge below the old dam.

Riceaholic
04-03-2009, 05:26 AM
Maybe. Maybe not. Depends on how the economy is going. Right now, I'm getting kicked in the dick.

I can bring the V-Max up for you....Someone needs to flush the carbs out. It's got a brand new tire you should be able to roast out in 3 days...:lol:

Riceaholic
04-03-2009, 05:27 AM
BTW Rogue...the way PistonPete is bitching out about everything else lately, you ought to go ahead and count me in for the lodge. I'll prolly be on my own for my vaca...put me with someone else that has sleep apnea.

rogue
04-03-2009, 03:32 PM
BTW Rogue...the way PistonPete is bitching out about everything else lately, you ought to go ahead and count me in for the lodge. I'll prolly be on my own for my vaca...put me with someone else that has sleep apnea.

I gotcha down for the lodge. :dthumb: And I think everyone is chosing who's in what room when we get there. :lol:

Are you coming on the 7th or the 8th?

Digifox
04-03-2009, 03:49 PM
Damn If i had the money i would be ridding down there Eh.

But i cant afford to even ride.:scratch:

Riceaholic
04-04-2009, 04:59 AM
I gotcha down for the lodge. :dthumb: And I think everyone is chosing who's in what room when we get there. :lol:

Are you coming on the 7th or the 8th?

I'll actually probably be there late on the 6th...

NONE_too_SOFT
04-04-2009, 06:38 AM
i cant wait to turn in 30 hours paid time off... and still have 80 to burn the rest of the summer.

Mr Lefty
04-04-2009, 09:00 AM
i cant wait to turn in 30 hours paid time off... and still have 80 to burn the rest of the summer.

:lol: I'll be cashing in 10 days of leave... and still have around 50 days left

HokieDNA01
04-08-2009, 10:27 AM
Rogue, Mark Myself and Kerry_129 down as pending. If we come we will stay at the lodge. I should know in the next day or so.

rogue
04-08-2009, 03:17 PM
Gotcha :dthumb:

rogue
04-08-2009, 03:34 PM
I forgot to mention, GT finally called and got my info and made sure he had the right dates so everything is ready for TWO. :dthumb:

Amorok
04-09-2009, 06:23 AM
Awesome! I can't wait to sleep somewhere that doesn't smell all moldy.

Mr Lefty
04-09-2009, 06:28 AM
So what does the list of attendee's look like now?

rogue
04-09-2009, 10:18 AM
So what does the list of attendee's look like now?

Attendees
1 Rogue (check in 7th - check out 10th)
2 Ericr (check in 7th - check out 10th)
3 Redd (check in 7th - check out 10th)
4 Derf (check in 7th - check out 10th)
5 Tommy (check in 7th - check out 10th)
6 Trip (check in 7th - check out 10th)
7 Amorok (check in 7th - check out 10th)
8 Chi (check in 7th - check out 10th)
9 Tigger (check in 7th - check out 10th)
10 Sixxxer (check in 7th - check out 10th)
11 Phenix Rider (check in -May 8th - check out May 10th)
12 NonetooSoft (check in-May 7th - check out May 10th)
13 Ebbs (check-in May 7th - Check out May 10th)
14. Ricaholic (check in May 7th - Check out May 10th)

Making Other Accommodations
MFFJM2 - Arriving 8th - Leaving 11th
Lil Taz & S/O - Staying at Dahlonega Friday to Sunday
Smittie - Local

Pending
Brian
Gas Man
Drewpy
Hokie DNA & Kerry129

I know Trip is bringing a couple with him too. Looks like the lodge is going to be full :D :D

Sixxxxer
04-09-2009, 10:20 AM
Where is NTS Coming From??

Looks like its gonna be a Blasty Blast!!!

rogue
04-09-2009, 10:25 AM

I have no clue. :lol:

Blasty Blast? WTF Dude? I thought you were at least old enough to drink? redflip

Trip
04-09-2009, 10:27 AM
I know Trip is bringing a couple with him too. Looks like the lodge is going to be full :D :D

The people headed down there with me are NtS, Tigger, and Ebbs.

Fatburg may come for a day, he isn't sure yet.

Sixxxxer
04-09-2009, 10:30 AM
I have no clue. :lol:

Blasty Blast? WTF Dude? I thought you were at least old enough to drink? redflip

I'm gonna say that all weekend now...just to Irk You :rockout:

OMG LIKE TOTALLY :scratch:

rogue
04-09-2009, 10:31 AM
The people headed down there with me are NtS, Tigger, and Ebbs.

Fatburg may come for a day, he isn't sure yet.

Gotcha. :dthumb:

I'm gonna say that all weekend now...just to Irk You :rockout:

OMG LIKE TOTALLY :scratch:

:rofl:

You're such a dork :lol:

Sixxxxer
04-09-2009, 10:33 AM
We have establsihed that...:)

MFFJM2
04-11-2009, 10:49 PM
The San Ran Motel, Robbinsville, NC is motorcycle friendly and very close to Deal's Gap. A double room is $65. http://www.sanranmotel.com/

NONE_too_SOFT
04-12-2009, 01:30 AM

I'm comming from north east ohio.

tommymac
04-12-2009, 01:58 AM
I'm comming from north east ohio.

Uh oh, my highest mileage title may be in jeopardy :lol:

Tom

Amber Lamps
04-12-2009, 05:54 AM
The San Ran Motel, Robbinsville, NC is motorcycle friendly and very close to Deal's Gap. A double room is $65. http://www.sanranmotel.com/

:ty: but :wtlw::whistle:

rogue
04-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Uh oh, my highest mileage title may be in jeopardy :lol:

Tom

Amorok is riding about 850 miles. He's coming here to get me (about 280) then on to Suches, which is about 575.

:D

tommymac
04-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Amorok is riding about 850 miles. He's coming here to get me (about 280) then on to Suches, which is about 575.

:D

I think its about 880 for me.

Tom

rogue
04-12-2009, 03:00 PM
I think its about 880 for me.

Tom

You two are going to be about the same then. I forgot he's coming up the Natchez Trace, which will add more mileage to his run here.

My ass is so not ready for a 575 mile run, especially on slab. :panic: I just now got my rear tire fixed so I haven't been riding much lately. And I haven't ridden more than a couple hundred miles at one time in almost a year. :(

Oops. :lol:

Amber Lamps
04-12-2009, 03:32 PM
You two are going to be about the same then. I forgot he's coming up the Natchez Trace, which will add more mileage to his run here.

My ass is so not ready for a 575 mile run, especially on slab. :panic: I just now got my rear tire fixed so I haven't been riding much lately. And I haven't ridden more than a couple hundred miles at one time in almost a year. :(

Oops. :lol:

me too! Either I'm gonna risk some tickets and try to run 100+ all the way or I'm starting out early and stopping A LOT! A hitch for my car is about $100 and a rental trailer is about $50........between unpredictable weather,riding alone and comfort...well,let's just say that it's REALLY,REALLY tempting to trailer it there...

rogue
04-12-2009, 03:47 PM
me too! Either I'm gonna risk some tickets and try to run 100+ all the way or I'm starting out early and stopping A LOT! A hitch for my car is about $100 and a rental trailer is about $50........between unpredictable weather,riding alone and comfort...well,let's just say that it's REALLY,REALLY tempting to trailer it there...

You're not running as many miles as most of us are. Pussy redflip

Mr Lefty
04-12-2009, 04:33 PM

You're not running as many miles as most of us are. Pussy redflip

actually i've been thinking about trailering too... nice thing about trailers... guarantees you a way home in case of a wreck.... that is unless you happen to wreck your bike into your tow vehicle... then... well... you're fucked.

Amber Lamps
04-12-2009, 05:27 PM
actually i've been thinking about trailering too... nice thing about trailers... guarantees you a way home in case of a wreck.... that is unless you happen to wreck your bike into your tow vehicle... then... well... you're fucked.

Yea I thought of that too... it's hard not to trailer quite frankly!

Mr Lefty
04-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Yea I thought of that too... it's hard not to trailer quite frankly!

yeah same here... add the fact that I could get away with out having to pack all those bags... and would save get there and home quicker (350 mile range on my X) and still be good to ride the next day... :idk:

biggest reason is I have to work on monday... and don't wanna run the risk of being stranded as my shop is short anyways...

Amber Lamps
04-12-2009, 05:58 PM
yeah same here... add the fact that I could get away with out having to pack all those bags... and would save get there and home quicker (350 mile range on my X) and still be good to ride the next day... :idk:

biggest reason is I have to work on monday... and don't wanna run the risk of being stranded as my shop is short anyways...

Yep,I'm gonna take a HARD look at trailering again.

Mr Lefty
04-12-2009, 06:03 PM
well I'm hope'n to have some parts on order here this coming week... if I ever get my fucking money back from my move down that is... so I've got more than a few things planned for my bike... be nice if I didn't have to throw everything on and head out the next morning... maybe trailer it up to Trips and finish what ever I don't get done... :idk:

I hate last minute shit. and I hate military finance

MFFJM2
04-14-2009, 03:29 PM
I guess I waited too long as I was unable to get the trailer at TWO. I was told by GT that it has already been taken for that weekend. I've instead rented a nearby cabin called Deerview Cabin. It was listed on the TWO internet page under more rental cabins in the Suches area. I've got room for a couple of other people if the cabin at TWO gets filled up.

tommymac
04-14-2009, 03:41 PM
I have been way too stresed out latley, may 6th needs to get here asap.

Tom

rogue
04-14-2009, 04:58 PM
I have been way too stresed out latley, may 6th needs to get here asap.

Tom

I'm with you. No job for over 2 months and I'm broke. :panic:

I did get hired today at another of my old jobs. It was my second job I had when I joined CF. I'm back to working at a restuarant. I won't be waiting tables much but working the food bar (I was crossed trained for it back then so I know what I'm doing). It's not great. But it's a job with close to 40 hours a week. I'm still looking for a second job. I'm going to have to. :(

I need a breeeeeaaaaaak!!!!!

NONE_too_SOFT
04-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Im not really looking forward to the 9 hour ride down to DGMR... but it'll be worth it to get down there again.

Trip
04-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Im not really looking forward to the 9 hour ride down to DGMR... but it'll be worth it to get down there again.

you do realize you have to go down 28 to get to fontana village? :lol:

NONE_too_SOFT
04-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Good. i'll be glad to stop and have a moment with my guard rail.

Memories...

tommymac
04-14-2009, 05:08 PM
you do realize you have to go down 28 to get to fontana village? :lol:

28 is a fun road :)

Tom

rogue
04-14-2009, 05:11 PM

I'll be riding about 12 hrs :panic:

NONE_too_SOFT
04-14-2009, 05:19 PM
28 is a fun road :)

Tom

[triumph, insult comic dog]FOR ME TO CRASH ON[/triumph, insult comic dog]

the chi
04-15-2009, 10:48 AM
Hmmm, Im still debating btw riding and trailering...I think its just over 6 hours, if I leave early (for me) Thursday morning I can make it there by lunchtime or early afternoon either way...thoughts anyone?

Amber Lamps
04-15-2009, 11:23 AM
Hmmm, Im still debating btw riding and trailering...I think its just over 6 hours, if I leave early (for me) Thursday morning I can make it there by lunchtime or early afternoon either way...thoughts anyone?

Well, why don't you trailer and stop by and get my fat ass? :whistle:

tommymac
04-15-2009, 11:25 AM
All these lazy asses trailering down:idk: :lol:

And were comming from the longest distance and are riding:rockwoot:

Tom

Sixxxxer
04-15-2009, 11:35 AM
All these lazy asses trailering down:idk: :lol:

And were comming from the longest distance and are riding:rockwoot:

Tom

My thoughts exactly...Shit I'm gonna Sabatoge your trailors if there there...That way you'll be stuck riding home on the bike.

Amber Lamps
04-15-2009, 11:48 AM
My thoughts exactly...Shit I'm gonna Sabatoge your trailors if there there...That way you'll be stuck riding home on the bike.

Hey, I fully admit that I'm a pussy! I'll probably ride though, I just don't feel like getting a hitch for my car right now. Besides, my car is an old P.O.S. and I can't be certain that it would make it okay.

Sixxxxer
04-15-2009, 11:49 AM
Hey, I fully admit that I'm a pussy! I'll probably ride though, I just don't feel like getting a hitch for my car right now. Besides, my car is an old P.O.S. and I can't be certain that it would make it okay.

Then you'd be stuck leaving it on the side of the road and riding anyway!!! :zowned:

the chi
04-15-2009, 12:00 PM
Lemme think Tig, I can go ALL the way up here OUT of the way to get ya...then drive BACK down...hmmm, nope! :lol:

Shoot ppl, I think I'm still recovering from the last trip i took...just under 2k, like 1995 miles...so Ive done my share for the year, thanks! Who do you think I am, EBBS?!

Sixxxxer
04-15-2009, 12:01 PM
Lemme think Tig, I can go ALL the way up here OUT of the way to get ya...then drive BACK down...hmmm, nope! :lol:

Shoot ppl, I think I'm still recovering from the last trip i took...just under 2k, like 1995 miles...so Ive done my share for the year, thanks! Who do you think I am, EBBS?!

I thought you were better than That Crumb?? :idk:

Dont be a Vagina :rockout:

NONE_too_SOFT
04-15-2009, 12:04 PM
srsly if anybody is going to be trailoring and i can ride and meet up, let me know.

Sixxxxer
04-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Just meet up with me Derf and Tommy!!!

Even if it is out of your way Lol

the chi
04-15-2009, 12:12 PM
Weeeeeelllll, I did just buy new luggage before I considered trailering...what the hell, its alot cheaper to ride than to fill up with deisel these days anyhow...

Sixxxxer
04-15-2009, 12:14 PM
Weeeeeelllll, I did just buy new luggage before I considered trailering...what the hell, its alot cheaper to ride than to fill up with diesel these days anyhow...

Im not talking to you unless you ride there :pat:

the chi
04-15-2009, 12:15 PM
Im not talking to you unless you ride there :pat:

Orlly? Truly? Truck it is!!!

Damn prima donna...

Sixxxxer
04-15-2009, 12:16 PM
I knew that was gonna be your answer...

Punkass!

the chi
04-15-2009, 12:19 PM
I knew that was gonna be your answer...

Punkass!

You know you love me...

I figure I'll ride tho, I have everything I need, got a killer set of bags, the Fieldsheer silverstone, they came in last night! *happy dance*. Got rain gear, may need some new boots tho...hmmm, mine arent water resistant anymore, musta been the scrapes :lol:. What else do I need?

Sixxxxer
04-15-2009, 12:21 PM
May to Come around??

Amber Lamps
04-15-2009, 12:35 PM
You know you love me...

I figure I'll ride tho, I have everything I need, got a killer set of bags, the Fieldsheer silverstone, they came in last night! *happy dance*. Got rain gear, may need some new boots tho...hmmm, mine arent water resistant anymore, musta been the scrapes :lol:. What else do I need?

I bought a new backpack. I have a medium sized tank bag. I keep thinking of getting either saddlebags or a tail pack but I'm not sure yet. Oh and as far as rain gear goes, I'm off to Walmart for a $20 set. I don't ride in the rain if I can help it so it makes little sense to pay a bunch of money for it.:idk: I did buy and recommend buying 2.5 gallon sized zip-lok bags to put your stuff in. My biggest boggle is wat to do with the leather pants I just bought. I can wear them and hope that it doesn't get too hot or I can try to carry them but they are hella-bulky...:idk:

rogue
04-15-2009, 12:46 PM
I bought a new backpack. I have a medium sized tank bag. I keep thinking of getting either saddlebags or a tail pack but I'm not sure yet. Oh and as far as rain gear goes, I'm off to Walmart for a $20 set. I don't ride in the rain if I can help it so it makes little sense to pay a bunch of money for it.:idk: I did buy and recommend buying 2.5 gallon sized zip-lok bags to put your stuff in. My biggest boggle is wat to do with the leather pants I just bought. I can wear them and hope that it doesn't get too hot or I can try to carry them but they are hella-bulky...:idk:

Amazon is your friend! :D Here's one I'm still thinking about. I need to make a decision by this weekend. http://www.amazon.com/piece-Rainsuit-35mil-Sizes-Medium/dp/B00023MJEU/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1238895558&sr=1-12#moreAboutThisProduct

Since I'll be riding almost 600 miles I'm looking for something that will hold up for the ride there *just in case* it decides to rain the whole time. The thin shit won't hold up to the wind from what I'm told. :idk:

tommymac
04-15-2009, 12:58 PM

I would get the tail or tank bag, you dont want to carry stuff on your back for that long of a ride.

Tom

Amber Lamps
04-15-2009, 01:01 PM
Amazon is your friend! :D Here's one I'm still thinking about. I need to make a decision by this weekend. http://www.amazon.com/piece-Rainsuit-35mil-Sizes-Medium/dp/B00023MJEU/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&s=apparel&qid=1238895558&sr=1-12#moreAboutThisProduct

Since I'll be riding almost 600 miles I'm looking for something that will hold up for the ride there *just in case* it decides to rain the whole time. The thin shit won't hold up to the wind from what I'm told. :idk:

Yea, that looks like the one I'm getting at Walmart. Best part is if I don't use it on this trip, it's back to Walmart for you Mr. Rainsuit!