Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Model Reviews

Old 12-01-2008, 07:53 AM   #151
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
in archren's defense it may just have been lust factor. lotsa folks willing to part with ridiculous coin for that red trellis frame alone. now if she had an s or an r it'd be a bit harder to defend lol
True but my point is she doesn't have to defend it! Other than to explain why she's NOT a hypocrite,of course....

Besides,I'm still not sure why that is considered a more valid purchasing reason than performance....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 07:58 AM   #152
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

ahh gotcha, i just woke up and didnt see you coming from that angle. well clearly the reason is if you ride a jap I4 bigger than a 750 you are automatically squidly until proven innocent nevermind that with the extra torque its actually easier to ride on the street and dare i say it? perhaps safer in traffic? i know that when some dumbass cager starts acting funny near me banishing him to the rearview is as simple as cracking the throttle. no mucking about with gears.
TWF Post whore #6

Last edited by Dave; 12-01-2008 at 08:03 AM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:56 AM   #153
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Haha my long lost brother! Only one of my deer murders were committed in a posted deer area. To be honest,EVERYWHERE is a deer area around here! There's a carcass across the street from my apt complex and I live 5 miles from downtown. For the record,I wasn't going that fast for any of them and considering that I didn't hit the deck during two of them,I think I did ok. In fact,that point alone illustrates my SUPERIOR ability to control a motorcycle and my worthiness to ride! Besides,you're really stretching here...even the ins companies don't consider deer accidents an at fault collision.

Oh and here's the progression;

I make joke about Buells not being able to compete even with double the ccs and a number of AMA concessions.

Someone else accuses me of riding a GSXR1000 to compensate for my small penis size.

I point out that,unlike Buell,my bike has won several championships and thus has nothing to prove.

OSP and others,say that I'm basically stupid for buying a bike based on performance (even tho' I never stated that's why I bought my bike).

I state that if no one cares about performance then why don't you all just buy 250s?

Ebbs chimes in about how he can control his ego and a 600.

I pick on him for looping a "low performance" 600 and then wanting to go out and buy a high performance 600.

BTW I never said the performance is strictly confined to hp. I know better. Anyway,the debate was I4s vs V twins,I believe. Bottom line,if V twins were so great then they wouldn't NEED special accommodations to win championships! PERIOD! If a V-twin can't win in a level playing field then maybe Ducati should get out of racing,start their own "Thunder" league like Harley, or re-think their engine configuration.
Nice try Mr. Have My Cake and Eat It Too...

Your "joke" was humping the same old tired line that everyone and their mom has been riding Buell for, ever since the first motherfucker rolled off the assembly line. It clearly wasn't a joke as confirmed by your continued diatribe of "I4 superiority"...

You made the comment about bikes winning or not winning championships/races, not me. I simply stated that we have different reasons for buying different bikes, some of which have nothing to do with spec sheets and race worthiness. I quoted your post because YOU were the one that brought winning races and championships up... I never stated that as the sole reason... or even part of the decision making process for you buying your bike. I apologize for your lack of reading comprehension (you don't think I could get all the way through this without taking a childish jab at you, did ya?).

V-twins are not great because of what they do or don't to on the race track. In fact, I can honestly say that I've never sat through an entire motorcycle race... I usually watch until commercial and move on to something else. Spec sheets and podium positions are not something I care about. I like a v-twin because of the characteristics of that particular motor layout... the same reasons I dislike I4's. I will say this though... I support the concessions made for v-twins in racing because I know that for manufacturers to continue to develop these engines, they must be in racing.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:58 AM   #154
Archren
Sham WOW

Moto: 2007 Ducati 1098

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
Um you own a fucking 1098. The performance numbers and stats had nothing to do with your decision? So did you buy it just because it a Duc or was it for the pretty color? I mean if you don't care about performance then why not just buy the 800 then? They look similar and it's cheaper.

All I'm saying is that it gets kinda old that some people think that EVERY decision a guy makes is based on his penis size. I guess that means I should drive an Aero and my bike should be a 50cc moped!
For one.. when I bought it, the 848 wasn't out yet. They didn't start selling those bikes in the US until this year, and I bought my 1098 shortly after they were released (May 2007).

And I'll break down OSP's comment for you since apparently you missed why I was quoting it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
Some of us don't buy bikes because they win races... In fact, 99.9% of us don't ride our bikes to their potential... So who the fuck cares what we ride?
I know for a fucking fact I will *never* ride my 1098 to it's potential, so spouting off horsepower, torque, and how many championships Ducati has won WSBK with the bike is meaningless because *I* can't ride like those guys. If I try, I'll end up wadding it and wasting the bike. If I wanted those numbers to matter, I'd be racing, and probably not on a 1098.

I didn't buy it because it wins championships. I bought the bike because when I first saw a Ducati years ago it spoke to my soul, and when they released the 1098, I knew that it was going to be *the one* for me. There are faster bikes out there (Desmosedici anyone?) and people who can ride those bikes to their potential.

In short: I bought the 1098 because it makes me cream my panties. Happy?

"The Vincent was like a bullet that went straight; the Ducati is like the magic bullet that went sideways and hit JFK and the Governor of Texas at the same time. It was impossible."
- Hunter S. Thompson, Song of the Sausage Creature

"Be who you are and say what you feel
because those who mind don't matter
and those who matter don't mind."
-Dr. Seuss
Archren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 08:59 AM   #155
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
ahh gotcha, i just woke up and didnt see you coming from that angle. well clearly the reason is if you ride a jap I4 bigger than a 750 you are automatically squidly until proven innocent nevermind that with the extra torque its actually easier to ride on the street and dare i say it? perhaps safer in traffic? i know that when some dumbass cager starts acting funny near me banishing him to the rearview is as simple as cracking the throttle. no mucking about with gears.
Same could be said for an SV650.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:00 AM   #156
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archren View Post
For one.. when I bought it, the 848 wasn't out yet. They didn't start selling those bikes in the US until this year, and I bought my 1098 shortly after they were released (May 2007).

And I'll break down OSP's comment for you since apparently you missed why I was quoting it:

I know for a fucking fact I will *never* ride my 1098 to it's potential, so spouting off horsepower, torque, and how many championships Ducati has won WSBK with the bike is meaningless because *I* can't ride like those guys. If I try, I'll end up wadding it and wasting the bike. If I wanted those numbers to matter, I'd be racing, and probably not on a 1098.

I didn't buy it because it wins championships. I bought the bike because when I first saw a Ducati years ago it spoke to my soul, and when they released the 1098, I knew that it was going to be *the one* for me. There are faster bikes out there (Desmosedici anyone?) and people who can ride those bikes to their potential.

In short: I bought the 1098 because it makes me cream my panties. Happy?
I think we need to see said panties to ensure proper creamage.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:16 AM   #157
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Same could be said for an SV650.
try that one again. i make about double the torque of a 650.

Quote:
I think we need to see said panties to ensure proper creamage.
and1
TWF Post whore #6
Old 12-01-2008, 09:29 AM   #158
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
try that one again. i make about double the torque of a 650.

and1
Ok, your point was that you don't need to be shifting all over the place to get out of a tight situation in traffic... My point still stands.
Old 12-01-2008, 09:31 AM   #159
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

i dunno im just having my morning tea. wtf are we arguing about again?
TWF Post whore #6
Old 12-01-2008, 09:35 AM   #160
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
i dunno im just having my morning tea. wtf are we arguing about again?
That you need a liter bike to get out of tight traffic situations.