Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-04-2009, 03:48 PM   #41
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Highschool coaches have probably ruined so many lives that it's not even calculable.
no shit... my Junior year I gave up baseball... and at the litterally begging of our track coach... tried Tripple, Long, and High jumps... I was naturally decent at them... but needed to work on form... but I enjoyed them so I went for it...

my vertical leap at the end of basketball season (usually the worst time to test it as your muscles are broken down over the entire season... you'll get much better results waiting a month) was 39" very decent for my 6'3" height... enough to stand, jump and touch the top of the box ( the little white box on the back board) with both hands...

after 3 weeks of his "special jumpers workout" that he developed in college... my vert was 33" and I had shin splints, built up fluid in my knees, a some ligament damage in my knees... I stopped his work out took two weeks of 0 work outs... (rode bike and swam though to keep in shape) and 3 weeks later, after my own regimen of workouts... was back to my 39" vert... and placing much better in the meets...

fucking coach wanted to cut me cause I wouldn't do his workouts...
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 06:12 PM   #42
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

When I was 16 I went to a private gym because of the dangerous exercises Highschool coaches wanted you to do. For example on the leg press machine he'd make people push the weight with enough force to throw the weight up on the tracks so they left contact with your feet. Then catch it.

I had coaches begging for me to play in highschool but I didn't. I'm glad I didn't either because I never had any major injuries from school when I graduated. Can't say that for a lot of my friends. Kind of pissed off the coaches that the strongest guy in the school was a freshman that played the trumpet in the Marching Band. Even one of the guys going to the Air Force academy to play and then becoming a star player at UGA before going pro. Track wanted me because I could shot put like hell and sprint like a mother fucker. Wrestling wanted me because I was extremely strong for my weight (190lbs without a lot of fat), football wanted me because I was fast and strong and baseball wanted me because I could drive a ball hard.

Never got any offers from Tennis
Old 01-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #43
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Highschool coaches have probably ruined so many lives that it's not even calculable.
No doubt. My senior year I got insanely sick on the day of a HUGE wrestling match. The winner was gonna be conference champs. I had a 102* fever, my neck was stiff as hell, I was SICK.

Went to coach, told him I was going home. He was not having it. He personally took me to the nurse...I slept ALL DAY in the nurses office. Coach went to the store, got me a bunch of pills...which I'm sure is illegal for a teacher/coach to do.

Anyway...I wrestled that night. Got the shit beat out of me. I had no energy and still sick as hell. But I didn't get pinned...so I saved us atleast 1 team point. Guess thats the best we could hope for, since I clearly had no shot at winning.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote