Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 02-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #51
JoshuaTree
DILLIGAF?

Location: Austin, Texas, USA, Earth, Sol, Western Spiral Arm, Milky Way
Moto: 1993 K75SA
Talking

Trace:

RE: Accidents and Police Reports - You ALWAYS stay, you ALWAYS get the police to show up, and ALWAYS get the person at fault to say so in front of the officers who show up. Even if they won't write a report up, having an 'officer of the court' witness statements of fault is VERY useful. Even better, twist the officers' arms to write tickets - failure to maintain control, failure to yield right of way, etc. If you just exchange information, then most likely you get a 'no fault' claim, especially if the damage amounts are equal for both vehicles. DO FILE THE DPS ACCIDENT REPORT NOW!

RE: 'Vette - One word: Lingenfelter.
( http://www.lingenfelter.com/engine-p...id-lt1-amp-lt4 )

RE: Megan -
JoshuaTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 AM   #52
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Do I look like I'm made of money Josh? Lingenfelter. If I had that kind of coin layin' around, I'd be calling Doug Rippie.

Just called the adjuster AGAIN, and her voicemail stated that she was out in a conference all day today, so I called right back and asked for her supervisor. I left him a voicemail. Hopefully he is better about returning calls.

As for the police report, I'm outside of 10 days now, but I'll call and find out if I can even file one at this point. It was a cut and dry thing, but in my infinite wisdom, I should know better.
Old 02-18-2009, 10:16 AM   #53
JoshuaTree
DILLIGAF?

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
... It was a cut and dry thing, but in my infinite wisdom, I should know better.
I've 'paid the price' for assuming that people would own up to what they've done - it only cost me $750 for a fender and hood repair to my old Civic more than a decade ago. When my truck was hit in December, the police wanted to just hand out forms and leave. After trying logic and reason, I resorted to throwing a fit and getting upset (having a vehicle stopped at a traffic light, properly in a marked lane of traffic hit by an oncoming, moving vehicle does constitute 'loss of control' by the moving vehicle's driver) - it worked. They issued a ticket to the teenager driving her mommy's SUV (in the rain, obviously late to school and lead-footing it) for failure to maintain control. Her insurance company initially tried to give me attitude and let me know they were in control of how things would proceed. After they realized and confirmed that their insured was written a ticket, they rolled over and play dead.

As for the motor, you could always just get a pile of parts and make it a weekend project, assuming that you ever actually manage to move down here and get a house with a garage so that you could actually turn a wrench, in a *rawr*-free fashion, of course...

Old 02-18-2009, 10:28 AM   #54
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshuaTree View Post
As for the motor, you could always just get a pile of parts and make it a weekend project, assuming that you ever actually manage to move down here and get a house with a garage so that you could actually turn a wrench, in a *rawr*-free fashion, of course...

I just stepped the insurance calls up to her supervisor, and he was Johnny on the spot about handling it. Claim is approved, rental car is approved, and all I need to do is drop it off now. I'll probably do that Monday.

As for the Vette, I'll never be able to do anything in a *rawr*-free fashion now, as Carolina will not let me live down the Busa incident for a while.

I've already built one motor with the aforementioned pile of parts. That one still runs great, but for the Vette, since it is my daily driver, I'd rather not have the motor out for a month, so I'll probably find someplace where I can get a long block built out the way I want.

Last edited by G-Rex; 02-18-2009 at 10:38 AM..
G-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:38 AM   #55
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

yup the two engine system works great. Be sure to build it in the kitchen like tom cruise did in wow. Im sure arch will love it
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:50 AM   #56
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Why? Then you could match him with the super high aquanet bangs, feathered hair, fishnet gloves, leggins, and LA Gear shoes. Then you can ride off into the sunset in his Z28 to the romantic sounds of Warrant's "Heaven Isn't Too Far Away."

Radical.
Clearly you have thought this out in far too much detail.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:01 AM   #57
ericr
I'm so much cooler online

Moto: 06 FZ1

Go with a turbo Tracy, more bang for the buck and doesn't hurt your fuel milage with the boost turned down for daily driving

I miss my '94 Firehawk, it was a 6speed t-top, 315hp when I got it I really didn't do much to it, had her up to around 350hp I guess but never got to finish what I wanted on it.

Eric: ibu what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
but I'm perfectly placed when I'm on my knees . . . .
ericr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:01 AM   #58
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
Clearly you have thought this out in far too much detail.
It may surprise you that it was the first thing to come to mind. Had I put more thought into it, T would be rocking his jean jacket with the full back Poison patch, and the shirt that says "Talk dirty to me" in the familiar poison font. He'd take off the T-Tops so the mullet could flow in the wind and say something like "Babe, you're totally rockin the bodacious tight roll on your jeans today. My hypercolor underwear tell me that it's making me hot." Then he'd throw out the Shaka and put on his gnarley Oakleys and ride off into the sunset with the aforementioned Warrant song. Or Wham's "Jitterbug".

Shaka, bra

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #59
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

oh spank you very much now ive got wham stuck in my head
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:16 PM   #60
JoshuaTree
DILLIGAF?

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Rex View Post
... since it is my daily driver, I'd rather not have the motor out for a month, so I'll probably find someplace where I can get a long block built out the way I want.
Well, if you were down here in Austin, and the 'busa is fixed, you wouldn't have to worry about your 'daily driver' needs, now would you? Hmmmmm?