Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 03-30-2009, 08:28 PM   #101
'73 H1 Triple
restorer of the original

Moto: '93 ZR1100 &'73 Kawasaki H1 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Well today was the viewing for dad. The crowd of people was overwhelming. For the first 4 hrs it was standing room only. The Michigan boys can attest to it. There was a line out the room for a good portion. The support was beyond words. My Michigan Big Dogs...I have not the words.

Tomry, we will lay him to rest. I'm giving his eulogy and then after the cemetary ceramony. I'm staying behind when everybody leaves to go to the wake. I plan on throwing down some dirt myself and watching everything from placing the casket in the vault, ect.

Thank again for everything!
It's very comforting to see a big turn out. You get to hear little snippets from all the people and there are usually some good stories in there too.

Smart move to stay behind. That will give you piece of mind knowing that everything was correctly.

Good luck tomorrow Chris.

Jeff
'73 H1 Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:18 PM   #102
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

It was a tuff day. But the strength inside from all the support got me thru it. I thank God that I was able to support the family. I was able to give the eulogy with only a couple mistakes but well enough to get others to join in for more stories. We had about 125 people at the funeral service, and about 75 people for the wake. It was about what we expected due to it being a weekday. My brother also had some co-workers (County Sherriff) including his commander come to the funeral. They escourted in the front and rear with full out reds/blues. Along with a local cop blocking the big intersections. It was a real honor and tribute to my father. Thanks everybody for the continued support.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:54 PM   #103
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Gasman, i'm just reading this now, i'm sorry for what you and your family has been through the past few months. My condolences for the loss of your father. Take comfort that he is not in pain and suffering anymore.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:29 PM   #104
asdgirl
Canyon Carver

Moto: 70cc Zuma

I too am just now reading this. I am so sorry. I agree 100% -cigs ruin a family. I think many of can attest to that.

Glad to hear you held up well during the eulogy and funeral.

I cried my eyes out when I read he'd passed away. Cancer stories hit close to home

RIP GasMansDad
asdgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:20 PM   #105
Gas Man
Trip's Assistant

Moto: 2009 HD Street Classic

Thanks!!

And i will share this... a few things I have learned.

One, if you will be seeing many people you haven't seen in years. Make some biz cards with your name and contact info on it. That way you can hand it out to people that want to get together at later date.

Two, do yourself the favor and the loved one the respect/honor of going with them from casket, into concrete vault, and to the grave sight. I did, and didn't leave till all the dirt was over him. Then placed his casket spray on the dirt and some picked flowers into the headstone vase.

"Why pay somebody else to fuck up your bike?"
Run Amsoil Product
Gas Man is offline   Reply With Quote