Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 06-07-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250
Default Ridin...

Well, I haven't posted much about riding recently as it's just been hella busy around here...We skipped Americade this week (just an hour north of us) since we had to get new tires and get overdue inspections this week, and it took till Saturday evening to get it all done. Last weekend, we rode with a friend up around Lake George while the bikers were arriving for Americade, took a run through Tongue Mountain and came back (riding 2-up of course). Today, I managed to get my bike up to 40mph and 4th gear, take a couple of nice curves on an access road around a hotel parking lot I've been practicing at, then drive around the corner to the Dunkin Donuts for dinner. I'm definitely feeling the difference in handling at higher speeds, but am not comfortable enough with all of the controls to go "on the road" just yet. Theres also a HUGE difference with new tires! We got some Pirelli Sport Demons to replace the STOCK (yes, the dealer who changed the tires thinks they are original!) tires that had no curve to them whatsoever (besides being BADLY cupped). It corners very smoothly now and even Dutch has been having a little fun on it except for his 6'1'' frame being cramped on it... I have been downshifting to get used to it, and getting a feel for the rear brake for when I'm in loose stuff. Hopefully it won't be long till I'm able to actually ride the bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthonyk View Post
Those things are awesome. We gave out the clap and syphilis last christmas.

Last edited by Angee; 06-07-2009 at 09:50 PM..
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
t-homo
WSB Champion

Congrats! My bike had some some square shinkos on it when i got it that looked like this: []. I put Pirelli Diablo Rossos on next and it scared me how quick turn in became. Great feeling once you get used to it. Just keep at it and all of the controls and downshifting will be second nature in no time.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:16 AM   #3
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angee View Post
Dutch has been having a little fun on it except for his 6'1'' frame being cramped on it
that actually makes that bike more flickable - I'll bet he can lean that beast right over!

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
Angee
Dutch's PITA

Moto: I ride Dutch...and an 09 Kawi 250

lol yeah, he was playing saturday while breaking in the new tires...it DOES feel much better and corners good now.
Angee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:07 PM   #5
CrazyKell
Vrooom

Moto: 06 ZX6R

Have fun!
CrazyKell is offline   Reply With Quote