Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Track

Old 06-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #61
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
He first needs a bike that runs.... I'd post more about that, but can't. Sorry.
ooh, i wish you could. I honestly like the bike even though i generally dont care for the brand. Im hoping they stick with it through the crap results, not cut and run like they did with that liquid cooled boxer race bike a while back
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:09 PM   #62
Apoc
For Science. You Monster.

Moto: '08 HD FLSTSB

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post

Example - if Spies would have had a running bike would Haga being in or out be an issue?
You Spies fans seem to forget that 3 of the races spies put himself out of. It wasnt Yamaha's fault, and he had a couple of unexpected horrible finishes. If he keeps taking himself out of it, he's working against himself. If Haga makes it to brno, Spies still has to keep it on two wheels to beat Haga (and Haga to beat spies, because lets face it, he's no stranger to road rash).

Itll be an interesting rest of a season. I hope Haga heals quick. I'd like to see biaggi win more consistently too. I wish he'd get a better ride or find a way back to motogp. Rossis' teamate
Apoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:31 PM   #63
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoc View Post
You Spies fans seem to forget that 3 of the races spies put himself out of. It wasnt Yamaha's fault, and he had a couple of unexpected horrible finishes. If he keeps taking himself out of it, he's working against himself. If Haga makes it to brno, Spies still has to keep it on two wheels to beat Haga (and Haga to beat spies, because lets face it, he's no stranger to road rash).

Itll be an interesting rest of a season. I hope Haga heals quick. I'd like to see biaggi win more consistently too. I wish he'd get a better ride or find a way back to motogp. Rossis' teamate
See but that is just another reason to admire Spies. By your count then, he has fucked 5 races and yet he is still in it. That is pretty fucking good! Reminds me of Stewart in Supercross this year!
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #64
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
See but that is just another reason to admire Spies. By your count then, he has fucked 5 races and yet he is still in it. That is pretty fucking good! Reminds me of Stewart in Supercross this year!
Stewart wasn't THAT bad. His bike was reliable ALL season, he just pushed the limits too far 2 or 3 times.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:43 PM   #65
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Stewart wasn't THAT bad. His bike was reliable ALL season, he just pushed the limits too far 2 or 3 times.
Shit, Reed took him out of the first round (25 pts), then he crashed what 3 other times? Shit, you know you got your ass kicked when the other guy fucks 3-5 races and he still beats you in the championship! IMHO.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #66
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Shit, Reed took him out of the first round (25 pts), then he crashed what 3 other times? Shit, you know you got your ass kicked when the other guy fucks 3-5 races and he still beats you in the championship! IMHO.
Stewart missed a gear and then crossed right in front of Reed. Stewart admitted it was his fault, but yeah he was on fire after that race. I wouldn't call it an ass kicking. Reed took second in almost every race Bubba won plus he got a few wins himself. It was a great to see Bubba battle back like that after being down 25 points. He deserved the championship.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 12:59 PM   #67
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
kinda like when haga had to forefit 50 points for that drug test he was still prety close at the end of the season but needed lots of help to win the title.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 08:06 PM   #68
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
kinda like when haga had to forefit 50 points for that drug test he was still prety close at the end of the season but needed lots of help to win the title.

Tom

Yea now that really sucked!
Old 07-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #69
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Stewart missed a gear and then crossed right in front of Reed. Stewart admitted it was his fault, but yeah he was on fire after that race. I wouldn't call it an ass kicking. Reed took second in almost every race Bubba won plus he got a few wins himself. It was a great to see Bubba battle back like that after being down 25 points. He deserved the championship.
Reed has never won an one on one battle with Stewart. If Bubba crashed then Reed had a chance, period. Hell, he didn't even win all of the races Stewart crashed. Reed is an also ran, he's the top also ran but that's his position. Hell, he just won his first outdoor race recently only because there's no Carmichael, no Stewart, no Alessi, no Villopoto, no Windham, etc...
Old 07-02-2009, 01:43 AM   #70
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Yea now that really sucked!
He was interesting to watch back then, he was either win it or bin it and did somce sick passes, didnt always work out for him though. Bad part was a few times he took out other riders in the process.

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote