Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #21
wildchild
cruiser

Moto: '09 HD superglide, 16 Yamaha FZ 09

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
O did run something, he ran his campaign for President. unfortunately that did work.
not really he just paid someone else to run it for him.
wildchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #22
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Moto: 1996 CBR600 F3 (AKA the Flying Turd)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zed View Post
didn't he take credit for it even before elected? people were asking what he had ran and all he could come up with was his campaign. thought there was audio of it but can't find it now.
I thought his work claim was a "Community Organizer" or some shit like that. A HOA President who held a bake sale would probably be more valid of a job than that.

I wonder if President Obama is the first President to never hold a private sector job.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:41 PM   #23
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
I thought his work claim was a "Community Organizer" or some shit like that. A HOA President who held a bake sale would probably be more valid of a job than that.

I wonder if President Obama is the first President to never hold a private sector job.
Kennedy never worked in the private sector. He went from Harvard to military to politics.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 06:55 PM   #24
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
Kennedy never worked in the private sector. He went from Harvard to military to politics.
Well I wouldn't consider someone in the military on the same level as someone working at the DMV or for the City Water. And did Obama even hold a government job?
Old 07-28-2009, 07:13 PM   #25
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Well I wouldn't consider someone in the military on the same level as someone working at the DMV or for the City Water. And did Obama even hold a government job?
I wasn't disparaging military service, just pointing it out.

If it is more palatable the closest Clinton got to the private sector was a year as a professor at The University of Arkansas.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:44 PM   #26
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
I wasn't disparaging military service, just pointing it out.
I figured that. But when I mention how most government workers are useless pieces of garbage who couldn't hack it in the private sector collecting garbage, people go "what about the troops". Though being a Military brat I have seen how fucked up the military organization can be, but the people there (even the office warriors) are no where near as pathetic as your local city weed eater operator.

Now Carter did own a farm didn't he along with some military time?
Old 07-28-2009, 08:45 PM   #27
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
I figured that. But when I mention how most government workers are useless pieces of garbage who couldn't hack it in the private sector collecting garbage, people go "what about the troops". Though being a Military brat I have seen how fucked up the military organization can be, but the people there (even the office warriors) are no where near as pathetic as your local city weed eater operator.
I agree.

Quote:
Now Carter did own a farm didn't he along with some military time?
Don't know about the military service but for someone in his generation it would be rare if he didn't have some. He presented himself as a simple peanut farmer but if I remember correctly he was one of the primary, if not the only, suppliers for one of the major peanut butter brands.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #28
Smittie61984
I give Squids a bad name

Quote:
I agree.
Don't know about the military service but for someone in his generation it would be rare if he didn't have some. He presented himself as a simple peanut farmer but if I remember correctly he was one of the primary, if not the only, suppliers for one of the major peanut butter brands.
Did a quick Wiki search (I know, I know, wikipedia) and from the brief (very brief) description of his pre-senate life I am impressed. He was in the Navy and was qualified to command diesel-electric submarines but tried for the nukes. Then after 6 years (he was aiming for high up in military command) he resigned after his dad died and took over his dad's farm.

Now I hear this a lot from the older people who have lived in Georgia all their life, but they tell me that President Carter wasn't really a peanut farmer. He was known as the peanut farmer (which is the only wiki reference I see about peanut farming) but I think was more along the lines of buying peanuts from farmers and processing them.

But Carter did work in the private sector and apparently did quite well.