Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 09-09-2009, 10:41 AM   #41
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
seriously reading comprehension can be your friend.

and yes, I've even seen a 15 hp lawn mower wheelie.

Your right any bike can bite you, but what Racer X is saying is a bigger, more powerful bike will take a bigger chuck out of you.

A crash at a steady 35 mph on a 250cc is the same as a 1000cc for the most part other then the extra weight of the bike.

Reving the bike and popping the clutch is very different on those two bikes.

They don't make that many bikes. I think they could list what bike is in what tier to make it easy.

First tier could be up to 250cc.

Second could list bikes l list the 500cc sport bikes like the Ninja 500 and so on. Maybe 500-650 cc cruisers like the V Star 650 (I rode one in Daytona, it was a nice riding bike). Maybe even add the SV650 but I'm not even sure on that one.

This would make it clear on what you can start with and what you can move up to next. If a company wants to get the new riders on with their brand they will build more 1 and 2 tier bikes. If not they have to try to get them to switch over when they get to that level.

I think it could work and wouldn't hurt. I'm just happy that I have my licenses.

James[/QUOTE]

What would you have bought if you weren't allowed to buy the R6?
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #42
Flexin
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmall View Post
[/COLOR]

Your right any bike can bite you, but what Racer X is saying is a bigger, more powerful bike will take a bigger chuck out of you.

A crash at a steady 35 mph on a 250cc is the same as a 1000cc for the most part other then the extra weight of the bike.

Reving the bike and popping the clutch is very different on those two bikes.

They don't make that many bikes. I think they could list what bike is in what tier to make it easy.

First tier could be up to 250cc.

Second could list bikes l list the 500cc sport bikes like the Ninja 500 and so on. Maybe 500-650 cc cruisers like the V Star 650 (I rode one in Daytona, it was a nice riding bike). Maybe even add the SV650 but I'm not even sure on that one.

This would make it clear on what you can start with and what you can move up to next. If a company wants to get the new riders on with their brand they will build more 1 and 2 tier bikes. If not they have to try to get them to switch over when they get to that level.

I think it could work and wouldn't hurt. I'm just happy that I have my licenses.

James
What would you have bought if you weren't allowed to buy the R6?[/QUOTE]

When I was 16 I wanted a bike. I liked all of the bike sport bikes of the time (would have been 91). A Ninja was always high on my list. But what I wanted at the time I wanted my uncles Nighthawk 500 (I'm pretty sure it was a 500. I think he was selling it for $1500, he would have gave it to me for $500. Mom said your not getting a bike. She wouldn't budge so I couldn't get one till I bought my own house. So thats one I tried to buy even though I liked all the sport bikes.

If I wasn't allowed to get the R6 then it would depend on what I was allowed to get. I think I would have went for the V Star 650. I think it would also depend on how long I had to keep it. A long time (say 2 years), 1 year I think I would possibly add in the GS500 or maybe the SV650. If the FZ6 somehow was on the list that would be at the top of those 4 with the V Star being second.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #43
Flexin
AMA Supersport

BTW if I had to start at a 250 cc level at the age of 28 I'm not sure. I guess I would go with the Ninja 250.

James
"Round two, I'm down to Do, what it takes to make you
Understand I'm the Candyman And I melt in your mouth, not in your hands Hard as rock, yes I'm no sucka The boots I knock make me one bad mutha"
Flexin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 07:47 PM   #44
Yamerhaw
Country Boy

Moto: 07 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati Diva View Post
NC You can get a learners by taking a written test, to get full license if you take MSF and pass no driving test but written test a must, no MSF take driving test and written test

yep here in NC, you can ride your bike legally all you want by just passing a written test to get your permit, only difference is you cant ride a passenger with only the permit

It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.
Yamerhaw is offline   Reply With Quote