Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-21-2009, 11:28 AM   #261
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
I totally agree. I don't know WTF the designers were thinking. I love my first gen Tuono though.
Not sure what was so different about the 1st gen Tuono, other than having different shaped lights.....big deal. It still had a ton of different colors, just like that one.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #262
Sean
giggity

Moto: street, sumo & dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
Gotta admit, that article is impressive. That 1125R is an ugly sumbitch, but the CR actually looks normal and I could see considering it as a DD. Wonder how it would compare to last season's winner, the Speed Triple, or the new Monster.
Sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:35 AM   #263
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
I gotta call BS on this statement. The Tuono is nowhere near comparable to the SV1000, Monster, or FZ1.
Why not? I would put it in the same market as the SV and definitely the Monster. Not so much the FZ1 though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:37 AM   #264
pdog
Refugee

Moto: Pimped 2005 SV650

There's always people who are going to be brand fanatics. They're willing to overlook pervasive flaws in order to stick with their belief that the brand they've invested in is the best. They're usually the ones with a company sticker on the back of their car/truck. Doesn't matter if it's "Ford", "Ducati" or "Buell", it's all the same mindset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
God Dammit! I have ridden one and guess what? The sky didn't part, the fucking angels didn't sing, and I didn't leave a huge dent in the tank from a boner!!! All I wanted was to get off that uncomfortable, rattling, shaking, slow, non-braking motherfucker!!! If they are so great, why don't you own one? Oh and please don't give me that poor shit because you can probably trade even up for your bike right now.
pdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #265
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdog View Post
There's always people who are going to be brand fanatics. They're willing to overlook pervasive flaws in order to stick with their belief that the brand they've invested in is the best. They're usually the ones with a company sticker on the back of their car/truck. Doesn't matter if it's "Ford", "Ducati" or "Buell", it's all the same mindset.
Fanboys
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 10-21-2009, 12:04 PM   #266
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Fanboys
Says the BMW rider....
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:06 PM   #267
dReWpY
RIP REX

Moto: 2008 1125R

i was about to call him out for that, he rides the biggest fanboy bike... other then ducatistas, gsxr squids, honda fanboys.... ya get the idea,we all think our shit doesnt stink

Venom R1-016 Squadron
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Moral of this story is everyone is fucked up no matter atheist or religious.
dReWpY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:15 PM   #268
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
Says the BMW rider....
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
i was about to call him out for that, he rides the biggest fanboy bike... other then ducatistas, gsxr squids, honda fanboys.... ya get the idea,we all think our shit doesnt stink
I know, Ewan and Charlie really put this bike on the map. I don't think it's the biggest fanboy bike by any means. It's not even close. Gixxers beat it easy, but the king of fanboy bikes stands alone without question and no one can deny it: Harley. If you question that, you are clueless.

As far as my bike, I fully understand I could have a fuel pump failure or a final drive failure (major issues with this bike.) I know it's far from perfect and will fully admit it. I don't think it's a bike for everyone and wouldn't recommend it unless I knew it was something you were looking for.
Quote:
Old 10-21-2009, 12:16 PM   #269
tommymac
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewpy View Post
I ride an aprilia futura, I know my shit stinks

Tom
tommymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:18 PM   #270
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
I ride an aprilia futura, I know my shit stinks

Tom
There is a difference between fanboys and elitists, these commoners don't understand that. You mean you didn't get your dose of poopnostink. I thought they gave that out with Aprilias too. I got a coconut flavored bottle.
Quote: