Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

--Erik Buell

FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:20 PM   #32
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post
Suzuki was running an air-cooled motor until the last iteration of the Bandit, Ducati STILL runs several air-cooled models, as does BMW.

Honda is coming out with a new air-cooled model.

The sad part is that 600 and 1000 fan boys can't think of anything else to compare so they try to compare dislike engines to try to prove their point.

The reason there are not two flavors, 600 and 1000 is that people want and buy other flavors. A liter bike is fine, but it isn't the pinnacle of all motorcycle existence.

There isn't a SINGLE liter bike owner that has the ability to utilize 100% of their bike.

Period.

Unless you race, you have unused capacity. So what?

A liter bike on the street is like a mom with an H2. You are NEVER going to have to scale Pike's Peak to get the groceries or take your kids to soccer practice. Why have an 8000lb behemoth with 18" ground clearance and the ability to scale at 45+ degrees?

Just to say you have it? Whatever makes you happy. Different strokes.

U huh, and here is the last argument of the underpowered... "you don't need all that on the street...." Okay, so first your bike's motor is AWESOME and better than anything else because of it's incredible torque..." Oh wait, it doesn't have more torque? Oh well, you can't use all that power on the street anyway... You must really hate the new BMW, huh?

BTW the Bandit is oil-cooled and they changed in 2007 to water cooled because it's better.... Besides, none of those bikes are "sport bikes" nor do they claim to be and no one was trying to race them against 600s in either formula extreme or Daytona Sport bike.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:47 PM   #33
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
U huh, and here is the last argument of the underpowered... "you don't need all that on the street...." Okay, so first your bike's motor is AWESOME and better than anything else because of it's incredible torque..." Oh wait, it doesn't have more torque? Oh well, you can't use all that power on the street anyway... You must really hate the new BMW, huh?

BTW the Bandit is oil-cooled and they changed in 2007 to water cooled because it's better.... Besides, none of those bikes are "sport bikes" nor do they claim to be and no one was trying to race them against 600s in either formula extreme or Daytona Sport bike.

Do you race? No one but you is trying to make the point that their bike is "better" than anyone elses but you.

Why bother even producing the 600s? By your logic, they shouldn't even exist because they are "under powered" compared to the 1000s.

Doesn't matter if you "need" it or not, you (singular) can't use 100% of your bike's capacity on the street. Never said it shouldn't exist or that you shouldn't have it. Just saying that you can't use it on the street.

You can't really use 100% of the XB motor either. I'm not racing an XB, so it doesn't really matter. You aren't racing your GSXR, so it doesn't really matter.

You are trying to make points that are irrelevant. We aren't even talking about the 1125 motor.

Is there some sort of neurotic need to continually justify your bike purchase decision? Are you insecure about your bike? I've owned an XB, and even given the choice between the XB and 1125 platforms, will pick the XB again. It's a unique motor that provides very satisfactory feedback, feel, and enjoyment. Me enjoying the XB doesn't take anything away from your enjoyment of your GSXR, does it?

--Erik Buell

Old 10-25-2009, 04:59 PM   #34
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Do you race? No one but you is trying to make the point that their bike is "better" than anyone elses but you.

Why bother even producing the 600s? By your logic, they shouldn't even exist because they are "under powered" compared to the 1000s.

Doesn't matter if you "need" it or not, you (singular) can't use 100% of your bike's capacity on the street. Never said it shouldn't exist or that you shouldn't have it. Just saying that you can't use it on the street.

You can't really use 100% of the XB motor either. I'm not racing an XB, so it doesn't really matter. You aren't racing your GSXR, so it doesn't really matter.

You are trying to make points that are irrelevant. We aren't even talking about the 1125 motor.

Is there some sort of neurotic need to continually justify your bike purchase decision? Are you insecure about your bike? I've owned an XB, and even given the choice between the XB and 1125 platforms, will pick the XB again. It's a unique motor that provides very satisfactory feedback, feel, and enjoyment. Me enjoying the XB doesn't take anything away from your enjoyment of your GSXR, does it?

Oops I forgot the old last ditch argument," You ride what you like and I'll ride what I like" position, not to mention the "what's wrong with you?" stance. Which comes AFTER they can't win the argument with facts. Look dude, I made a joke about how you all were comparing the XB to a 600 and oohing and ahhing. As far as I know, you don't even own a bike what so ever... I never said that my bike is better than anyone else's, although it is... Oh and they raced the XB in Formula Extreme previously and they still sucked even though they were allowed to modify the bikes much more than the other manufacturers. Anyway, I'm not justifying my bike in anyway, it requires no justification. My bike has obvious advantages that don't need any explanation. Many actually believe that the liter bike is a far better platform for a street bike for many of the same reasons that you attribute to the Buell. Don't ask me why they still make 600S, it seems like a waste of time to me too! I'm poking fun at you, period. Lots of people derive full enjoyment from 250s, hell some people even like HONDAs, if you can imagine that. Hell, I got into it with a guy that swears that his WR250 is a better street bike than mine!!! Hell, he had the same arguments that you do!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 07:20 PM   #35
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Quote:
Anyway, I'm not justifying my bike in anyway

Just keep telling yourself that. Look at the top and see who started this "debate".

--Erik Buell

Old 10-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #36
Adeptus_Minor
Hopster

Moto: 2009 Buell 1125R

Quote:
I've owned an XB, and even given the choice between the XB and 1125 platforms, will pick the XB again. It's a unique motor that provides very satisfactory feedback, feel, and enjoyment.
Well, I would've gotten both if it were financially and spatially feasible
Old 10-25-2009, 08:48 PM   #37
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeptus_Minor View Post
Well, I would've gotten both if it were financially and spatially feasible

Yep. I WILL have both.

--Erik Buell

Old 10-25-2009, 09:17 PM   #38
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Yea but if you compare the bike where it should be stacked up against...an inline liter bike... I don't have to rev the shit out of my bike for it to make power. Here we are again claiming Buells are superior because they are better than a 600... Now hopefully you can all realize that I'm kidding but you have to admit that it's kinda funny how that keeps happening...
Yep I started this debate by making a joke about how you were praising the XB by comparing it to a 600. Anyway, I think that all liter bikes should be compared to other liter bikes... of course this isn't new, the Blast was compared to the Ninja 250....
Old 10-25-2009, 09:18 PM   #39
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Yep. I WILL have both.
Well, you better hurry and sell some bikes before they're gone!!!... Oh wait, that could be problematic....
Old 10-25-2009, 09:24 PM   #40
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Quote:

A liter bike on the street is like a mom with an H2. You are NEVER going to have to scale Pike's Peak to get the groceries or take your kids to soccer practice. Why have an 8000lb behemoth with 18" ground clearance and the ability to scale at 45+ degrees?

Just to say you have it? Whatever makes you happy. Different strokes.

Hahahhah. H2 offroad is an oxymoron.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote