Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Riding Gear

Old 04-07-2008, 11:41 AM   #151
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
I paid $200 otd. They have a "strap" at the waist. If you want them for overpants. Order your normal waist size,if not go one size smaller.
From where???

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:12 PM   #152
comonboys
Ridin Naked. HMMMMM......

Moto: 650 SV

Good info. Thanks. I, myself am looking into new gear. I don't really have a preference on brands. I (and I know this is a typical girl answer) would like something that would match my jacket or not clash with my bike. My bike is Blue and I would like to find gear that is white, grey, black or blue. I also am tall for a girl and have a 34" inseam. So trying to find riding pants are turning out to be impossible.

I also want to find a new helmet. I am not very informed about them either but between reading online and cutty, I am finding out more and more.
comonboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #153
comonboys

Great Post.... Would you have any recommendations for me on Riding Pants? I work 22 miles from home. Its half interstate and half county highway driving. I dress business professional everyday so I don't want my dress pants to have the bug guts on them. I am long legged too. So finding pants that aren't up to my knees and still fit my waist is proving difficult when I look at the measuring charts. I am also looking for a new helmet too. However, every helmet that i tried on fits differently. I tried on the same brand as the one I currently have and I take a size smaller. However it fit the same way my current helmet did when i tried it on again.......
Old 04-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #154
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
Originally Posted by comonboys View Post
Great Post.... Would you have any recommendations for me on Riding Pants? I work 22 miles from home. Its half interstate and half county highway driving. I dress business professional everyday so I don't want my dress pants to have the bug guts on them. I am long legged too. So finding pants that aren't up to my knees and still fit my waist is proving difficult when I look at the measuring charts. I am also looking for a new helmet too. However, every helmet that i tried on fits differently. I tried on the same brand as the one I currently have and I take a size smaller. However it fit the same way my current helmet did when i tried it on again.......
Gear is all about fit. You really have to try it on, or hope you get lucky.

Pants depend on how "casual" your work is. If you have to wear suit pants/skirt you can get overpants or change at work. I don't have any experience there. If you can wear jeans, I can vouch for Cortech's Mod Denim. They're great! Bug guts aren't really a problem as most sportbikes have enough fairing to deflect a large amount of air away from your legs.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #155
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenix_Rider View Post
Gear is all about fit. You really have to try it on, or hope you get lucky.

Pants depend on how "casual" your work is. If you have to wear suit pants/skirt you can get overpants or change at work. I don't have any experience there. If you can wear jeans, I can vouch for Cortech's Mod Denim. They're great! Bug guts aren't really a problem as most sportbikes have enough fairing to deflect a large amount of air away from your legs.
she rides naked...

Quote:
Quote:

3662 Supply NCO

Old 04-07-2008, 08:32 PM   #156
comonboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
she rides naked...
Yep he's right. I have a naked sv 650..... I have to be in dress pants/suit pants....... So Jeans really aren't an option. I don't feel like carrying extra clothes with me everyday. Plus with the weather around here the extra layer at 7 in the morning will be nice to have.......
So I would like pullovers.....
Old 04-07-2008, 08:33 PM   #157
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Quote:
Yep he's right. I have a naked sv 650..... I have to be in dress pants/suit pants....... So Jeans really aren't an option. I don't feel like carrying extra clothes with me everyday. Plus with the weather around here the extra layer at 7 in the morning will be nice to have.......
So I would like pullovers.....
hence the two i showed you... i plan on getting one or the other, not sure which yet though.

Quote:
Quote:

3662 Supply NCO

Old 04-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #158
comonboys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
hence the two i showed you... i plan on getting one or the other, not sure which yet though.
I know but I was wondering if someone had any other ideas so I see more possiblities....... I have been trying to look around but I was also looking to see peoples opionion on them too. When I looked at the sizing chart nothing would work. They will be around my knees and fit my waist or falling of my ass and long enough. Remember I have those long legs you like so much!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:12 PM   #159
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
I know but I was wondering if someone had any other ideas so I see more possiblities....... I have been trying to look around but I was also looking to see peoples opionion on them too. When I looked at the sizing chart nothing would work. They will be around my knees and fit my waist or falling of my ass and long enough. Remember I have those long legs you like so much!!!!!!!!!
ummm have you guys met? Italways amazes me when couples get on a forum and discuss things....
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 09:13 PM   #160
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGGER View Post
ummm have you guys met? Italways amazes me when couples get on a forum and discuss things....
eh, she just doesn't listen all the time to me, or forgets to ask me when i'm around.
we seriously talk more on IM or text messaging than in real life... and we live together.

Quote:
Quote:

3662 Supply NCO