Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #21
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommymac View Post
And get back to some serious business
Yes. Very serious business going on here.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:26 AM   #22
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Glad it's finally working out.

I had a car several years ago get damaged by a towing company...came close to blows right there in the street when the guy was towing my car. I came walking up when he was attempting to tow my car but he was having problems getting it out of the spot and since a crowd had gathered just watching him make such a specticle of himself he got pizzed and started jerking my car out of the space. Somebody called the police and several squad cars showed up due to us squaring off.

Luckily for me they were a 'Zone Wrecker' towing company for the city of Charlotte and a guy I worked with was a retired police officer and knew the police Sergeant in charge of the 'Zone Wreckers' and their contract was coming up for renewel. Got my car repaired and painted without going to court but had I not had an "in"...I could see it being a long drawn out pain in the azz. Not a big surprise but the towing company was a bunch of scumbags to deal with until they realized that I had some leverage on them.

Oh just to be clear...he did have a right to tow my car...but not a right to damage it. I had gone 10 minutes over the 2 hour limit...I didn't dispute that and offered to pay the towing charge right then and there until he started jerking my car and damaged it. I then told him to get out of the fvcking truck and I'd show him how to do it. He then wanted to fight about it and I was ready to oblige...didn't really make a fvck to me at the time...I was pizzed as well.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote