Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > News Desk

Old 06-02-2010, 07:16 AM   #11
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

So apparently this guy has a channel on YT and is hoping to make money on advertising?
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:33 AM   #12
pauldun170
Serious Business

Moto: 1993 ZX-11 2008 CBR1000rr

The thing is that this guy isn't exposing anything.

Hourly workers found messing around with timesheets and taking long breaks!!!!

Workers who deal with poor people found "going along" with some nutjob pretending to be a pimp!!

The next shocking scandal will be footage of Cops spending an hour at bagel place accepting free coffee from store owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
pauldun170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #13
Homeslice
Elitist

It still isn't acceptable IMO.

My sense is, these "managers" don't have the guts to try and change the system.

They get a government job and all of a sudden it's like "Oh it's the government, nothing will ever change so I'll just keep my nose down"
Old 06-02-2010, 10:05 AM   #14
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
It still isn't acceptable IMO.

My sense is, these "managers" don't have the guts to try and change the system.

They get a government job and all of a sudden it's like "Oh it's the government, nothing will ever change so I'll just keep my nose down"
Its not a Government issue. Its a people issue.
The behavior exhibited in that video exist in just about every large organization on the planet, private or public. It exist in any business where you have lack of oversight on a remote team of low level workers.

Quote:
feed your dogs root beer it will make them grow large and then you can ride them and pet the motorcycle while drinking root beer
Old 06-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #15
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
Its not a Government issue. Its a people issue.
The behavior exhibited in that video exist in just about every large organization on the planet, private or public. It exist in any business where you have lack of oversight on a remote team of low level workers.
It is a government issue.

If a private business is trying to sell me something I look a the price. If for whatever reason (including inefficiency) the price is too high for what I will be getting I can choose not to buy that something (off the top of my head: General Motors). That private business deals with the consequences of my little cost/benefit analysis compounded over hundreds of millions of consumers.

The people in government, especially those in positions that don't stand for reelection have no such consequences. I, as a consumer (taxpayer), can do whatever cost/benefit analysis I like but it will come down to a single benefit every time, and one that has nothing to do with the actual "benefits" the government offers. Paying my taxes keeps me out of jail. Giving them more money without consequences only encourages the inefficiency.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #16
pauldun170
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
It is a government issue.

If a private business is trying to sell me something I look a the price. If for whatever reason (including inefficiency) the price is too high for what I will be getting I can choose not to buy that something (off the top of my head: General Motors). That private business deals with the consequences of my little cost/benefit analysis compounded over hundreds of millions of consumers.

The people in government, especially those in positions that don't stand for reelection have no such consequences. I, as a consumer (taxpayer), can do whatever cost/benefit analysis I like but it will come down to a single benefit every time, and one that has nothing to do with the actual "benefits" the government offers. Paying my taxes keeps me out of jail. Giving them more money without consequences only encourages the inefficiency.
It is a people issue.
If you don't want to see it happen in government then you are going to have to replace government workers with robots and indian call center personel.

You as a consumer haven't a clue as to how much waste and inneficiency occur throughout the market.

Low level employees milking the system?
F'n everywhere.

Quote:
Old 06-02-2010, 10:55 AM   #17
pauldun170
Serious Business

Actually, you are right
Its a government issue.
The issue is that our government hires people who after getting locked in, try to milk the system.

Since most of these lazy fuckers are down in the trenches and all are Americans the solution is obvious.

We should replace these people with illegals.
they work their ass off for chump change and we won't have to worry about pensions or any of that nonsense.

They certainly bust their ass doing yard work and construction.

Quote:
Old 06-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #18
goof2
AMA Supersport

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldun170 View Post
It is a people issue.
If you don't want to see it happen in government then you are going to have to replace government workers with robots and indian call center personel.

You as a consumer haven't a clue as to how much waste and inneficiency occur throughout the market.

Low level employees milking the system?
F'n everywhere.
I don't have a direct clue how much waste and inefficiency occur in a company but there are indicators. As a consumer I do know that I have a better chance getting a quality car that will last a long time from Toyota, Honda, or Nissan than I do from GM, Ford, or Chrysler for comparable money. Smart companies have developed metrics to measure and incentivise efficiency for managers which can lead to a better or cheaper product when compared to their competition. Companies that don't do this pay a price in the marketplace. Eliminating inefficiency and waste is impossible but companies have a financial incentive to reduce it. The government on the other hand has no such incentive and doesn't seem to care or bother with efficiency.
goof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #19
Homeslice
Elitist

Quote:
Actually, you are right
Its a government issue.
The issue is that our government hires people who after getting locked in, try to milk the system.

Since most of these lazy fuckers are down in the trenches and all are Americans the solution is obvious.

We should replace these people with illegals.
they work their ass off for chump change and we won't have to worry about pensions or any of that nonsense.

They certainly bust their ass doing yard work and construction.
Yes because some simple discipline would cause all of them to quit and be replaced by illegals.

Except Barnes & Nobles only pays $10/hr, so I hardly believe they would quit an $18/hr job just because their manager tells them they can't fudge 1 hour on their time sheet anymore.