Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 10-25-2010, 05:00 PM   #21
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
I'm not Asian...why would someone get something they cannot understand? Makes no f-in sense.
It's a white boy thing.........along with making sure their cars are 100% JDM down to the badges and A/C knobs
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 06:04 PM   #22
101lifts2
WSB Champion

Moto: 2009 Kawi ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
It's a white boy thing.........along with making sure their cars are 100% JDM down to the badges and A/C knobs
You mean gay white boy. Get it right.

Ron Paul - 2012

Mark of Excellence
GM
101lifts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:38 AM   #23
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Quote:
You mean gay white boy. Get it right.
Unless of course you have actually lived in Japan and never owned a car that was 'JDM down'...unless of course that includes the car I owned in Japan that had right side steering because we drove on the left side of the road over there.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #24
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by z06boy View Post
Unless of course you have actually lived in Japan and never owned a car that was 'JDM down'...unless of course that includes the car I owned in Japan that had right side steering because we drove on the left side of the road over there.
Nope, sorry, it's still fucking gay if you are not Asian. If you are Asian, it's still gay.

Only thing I can tell you is, at least it's not a fucking barbed wire ring. That's the gayest tattoo on earth. Tribal shit is only slightly above it.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:16 AM   #25
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
I'm plenty happy buying american knockoffs of jdm parts, providing the knockoffs are of equal to higher quality

Ex: the headers and exhaust on my nsx are clones of unavailable (at the time) taitec parts

Last edited by Dave; 10-26-2010 at 09:18 AM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:35 AM   #26
ontwo
Designated Drinker

Moto: 2009 ZX6R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
Nope, sorry, it's still fucking gay if you are not Asian. If you are Asian, it's still gay.

Only thing I can tell you is, at least it's not a fucking barbed wire ring. That's the gayest tattoo on earth. Tribal shit is only slightly above it.
Yep, you nailed it. And I've got both Going through lots of planning and elaborate work to get rid of the tribals. was I thinking. Oh well, live and learn.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:39 AM   #27
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

What I'm talking about is the clowns in the US who replace their Acura TSX badge with "Accord R" just because that's what that car is called overseas.....Or "240SX" with "Silvia". On top of replacing all the trim, bumper covers, etc with JDM parts just cuz they want that look. In their fantasies they are hoping that when they drive down the street, all the other white boys get tricked into thinking it's a true JDM gray-market import.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 10:48 AM   #28
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post

Nope, sorry, to each their own and we all have our opinion but at least in my case we can just agree to disagree. Japan...well actually Okinawa is where I first got into martial arts and I met a lot of good people there and my one small kanji tat is a reminder of my time there and means something...to me. I got mine before some of you were even born and it wasn't just something to get to be cool..."hey look...a Japanese symbol...let's all get one" type thing.

Quote:
What I'm talking about is the clowns in the US who replace their Acura TSX badge with "Accord R" just because that's what that car is called overseas.....Or "240SX" with "Silvia". On top of replacing all the trim, bumper covers, etc with JDM parts just cuz they want that look. In their fantasies they are hoping that when they drive down the street, all the other white boys get tricked into thinking it's a true JDM gray-market import.

I hear you. I was just messin' anyway since I did actually own two different cars in Japan...a rotary engine Mazda and a Toyota with right hand drive. 'Type R' always made me laugh when it was just a badge change.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #29
Uma
Better half of Gas Man

Moto: '09 Harley Nightster

Quote:
I'm not Asian...why would someone get something they cannot understand? Makes no f-in sense.

right.
Uma is offline   Reply With Quote