Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 01-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #71
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Parking next to someone with the intent of either intentionally or unintentionally damaging their vehicle. Like previously mentioned, parking so close they are forced to touch your vehicle to get into their own, etc. You may not like the analogy, but morally it's the same thing.

Parking next to them just to irritate but not actually interfering with their vehicle is not the same thing obviously.
They don't have to damage vehicles if you park close to them, they can straddle across from the passenger side or wait for the person to return that trapped them.

Intentionally damaging a motorcycle /= parking close to someone

You have a fucked up sense of justice if you believe that.

It would be more related to trapping a motorcycling so it couldn't leave the parking lot without rubbing up against the car trapping it.

You are also relating no damage (you can touch paint softly and not leave a mark) vs potentially thousands of dollars in damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!

Last edited by Trip; 01-25-2011 at 05:30 PM..
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:38 PM   #72
VatorMan
Wrap Yo Ass in Fiberglass

Moto: Feet

I think it's hilarious that some of you would park beside a car in the back out of spite. However douches that take 2 spots deserve whatever spiteful people dish out. Like AL I try to park with one side to a curb to restrict parking lot asswipes that just want to hassle me.
VatorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:46 PM   #73
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
They don't have to damage vehicles if you park close to them, they can straddle across from the passenger side or wait for the person to return that trapped them.

Intentionally damaging a motorcycle /= parking close to someone

You have a fucked up sense of justice if you believe that.

It would be more related to trapping a motorcycling so it couldn't leave the parking lot without rubbing up against the car trapping it.

You are also relating no damage (you can touch paint softly and not leave a mark) vs potentially thousands of dollars in damage.

We aren't on the same page. I'm not saying either one is right, they are both wrong, but you're coming from the "i have a shitty car so I dont give a shit" whereas I'm coming from the "i loved my car and I hate the people who park next to me and hit my fenders with their door" crowd.

Someone pushing your bike over or mine for that matter, is the same thing to me as the assholes who hit my car when I go out of my way to keep it out of their way. I'm not talking about those someone just parking, as I stated earlier, I'm talking about asshats who damage other peoples cars because they can.

If you're (not you, just for example's sake) a douche and park your bike so close to someone else's car they can't get into it, honestly, while it's not right, I can see why they would push your bike over. Why do you have the right to stop them from entering their vehicle in any manner when they aren't interfering with your right to enter or get on yours?

Edit to add: for the argument's sake, I am talking about using only one parking spot, not being a douche and using several to keep people away.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:08 PM   #74
t-homo
WSB Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
What? Rather than ding the vehicle next to her.... she went in through a door that slides.
No, parking so close that she is forced to do that.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:20 PM   #75
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the chi View Post
Edit to add: for the argument's sake, I am talking about using only one parking spot, not being a douche and using several to keep people away.
If someone is in their spot, I don't do that. I don't do it if they are taking two spots far away. I still park next to them and not in the next stall, just straddle the lane as well. Just give them room to get in and out.

If they take two spots close up, they get fucked with.

I also don't bash my car into theirs or my door. I don't do any damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #76
azoomm
moderator chick

Moto: Pasta Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-homo View Post
No, parking so close that she is forced to do that.
OK... I was within my lines. Straight, square, just like the others around us. She wasn't. And, I'm guessing she did it often enough to know how to get into her vehicle.

Hey, did y'all know up until September of last year no one took a behind the wheel exam in Texas to get a drivers license? It shows.

Come Play at the Track!!

http://www.elitetrackdays.com
azoomm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #77
the chi
Forum Coach

So you aren't that big an asshole.

(Like I didnt already know that, but I promise to keep your secert safe. Oh, wait. Oops. )
Old 01-25-2011, 06:38 PM   #78
Tmall
Aspiring Rapper

Moto: '12 CB1000R

Who ever said anything about damaging their vehicle or inconveniencing them? You guys just make shit up as you go?

I just think it's hilarious if somebody is so anal they intentionally park as far as possible away from the common folk. So, I park in the spot next to them so they effectively wasted their time...
Tmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:40 PM   #79
the chi
Forum Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
OK... I was within my lines. Straight, square, just like the others around us. She wasn't. And, I'm guessing she did it often enough to know how to get into her vehicle.

Hey, did y'all know up until September of last year no one took a behind the wheel exam in Texas to get a drivers license? It shows.
WTF?! I had to take a drivers ed course and pass back in the day...but it got me out of taking the test at the DMV.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:58 PM   #80
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

I guess the question for me is why? Why would you go out of your way just to fuck with another human being? Why does it make you happy/smile/fill you with some sense of accomplishment? Like Chi said, you don't know what that person went through to get that car. How hard they worked. So what if they want to try and keep it ding free, what's wrong with that?

I'll tell you guys what, from now on whenever you see a "pimped out", on 26'' rims Escalade/ Impala/ Yukon or other obvious drug dealers/hoodrat's car, parked far from the front door at Walmart. Go ahead and park right up next to it so they can't get back in and have to wait for you.
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote