Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Touring

Old 06-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #71
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Probly was.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:07 PM   #72
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Misjudged = out of skill level. I just don't buy the excuses. I know shit happens. It happens to everyone. But you've got to be honest with yourself.
not true... you can be caught off guard... doesn't mean you don't have the SKILL to handle it...

the only way you ever improve is to move closer and closer to the limit of your skill level... with out pushing that... we'd all still be in the parking lot.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:15 PM   #73
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
not true... you can be caught off guard... doesn't mean you don't have the SKILL to handle it...

the only way you ever improve is to move closer and closer to the limit of your skill level... with out pushing that... we'd all still be in the parking lot.
If you ever go to a STT track day, they talk about when a majority of their accidents happen. It's towards the end of the segments when everyone is getting tired. It's not that they don't have the skill to handle the situations, it's fatigue that gets them and that has nothing to do with skill level.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:18 PM   #74
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

glad to hear they were both minor downs... and everyone is ok.

now commence with the picture share'n!
Old 06-08-2008, 05:19 PM   #75
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
glad to hear they were both minor downs... and everyone is ok.

now commence with the picture share'n!
They have all the pics and they are probably not home yet. I wonder if NtS is even on the road yet. Wheeler was still working on his bike when I saw it last night.

Andrea took some, but she took off last night to go visit her grandparents in another part of TN.
Quote:
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Old 06-08-2008, 05:26 PM   #76
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

ill prepared mother fuckers.

so what all happened to NtS's bike
Old 06-08-2008, 05:33 PM   #77
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
If you ever go to a STT track day, they talk about when a majority of their accidents happen. It's towards the end of the segments when everyone is getting tired. It's not that they don't have the skill to handle the situations, it's fatigue that gets them and that has nothing to do with skill level.
I rarely finsh a full session because of this. I can tell when I'm getting close to being not fully attentive (lack of better words) and I tell myself it's the last lap, usually a few minutes short of the 20 minute session. And the GP guys go 110% for 40-50 minutes during a race, that's crazy.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #78
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLIT View Post
I rarely finsh a full session because of this. I can tell when I'm getting close to being not fully attentive (lack of better words) and I tell myself it's the last lap, usually a few minutes short of the 20 minute session. And the GP guys go 110% for 40-50 minutes during a race, that's crazy.
I'm sure any one of us could be conditioned enough to do that... That's all they do is condition themselves and ride...
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:39 PM   #79
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
I'm sure any one of us could be conditioned enough to do that... That's all they do is condition themselves and ride...
Yup, it's just time and money...lots of it.

WHAT HAPPENED TO NTS' BIKE??

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 05:45 PM   #80
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Quote:
Yeah I will pull off if I start feeling tired and I almost always go in on the white flag lap if I stay out til the end. STT started doing a white flag lap and they say it's helped with late crashes.

Quote:
ill prepared mother fuckers.

so what all happened to NtS's bike
The side he laid down was fine, the side that hit the guard rail took a beating. radiator resi is leaking, right front caliper broke off the fork, rotor bent, rear brake banjo is leaking, and a bunch of fairing damage.

Quote:
WHAT HAPPENED TO NTS' BIKE??
see above
Quote: