Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Aftermarket Modding

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2008, 12:49 AM   #7
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

The no-cuts mount to your engine kount, Ebbs, not weaker points. Most of the no-cuts out there have shitty adapters and they aren't locked in place, making the adapter move up or down during a wreck and do more harm. This happened on my first bike, I had shitty no-cuts. So I smartened up and put Vortex on there during the fix. Vortex are a very good slider. They can handle a high speed wreck if it's just sliding on the tarmac or street. The person who bought my '04 R6 had a veru high speed wreck and the frame slider worked excellent. It slid and slid on it preventing much more potential damage. It was worn half way down, but it was still in the perfect cylinder shape, unlike many shitty quality sliders, they'll just warp and make it real hard to get it off.

I would say the best kind to get are the ones with the metal base and the puck attaches to it, like Vortex or Woodcraft. I had a buddy go down at the track this past Saturday and his frame slider held up pretty damn good preventing a bunch of damage, he just replaced his right rear set and he went back out.

Frame sliders are definately a great idea...as long as they're top quality ones.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote