Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 07-28-2008, 01:34 PM   #31
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Nice!

I'm still through state farm at the moment... but I think I'll end up swaping over to USAA... cause my insurance is through Oregon... and since i'll be buying a house in Mississippi... it'd probably save me money to put the house, my trucks, and my bike all on one plan through USAA.

I hate to switch though... the office i use for State Farm has been fucking awesome! I may stay with them just because of how well they've taken care of me.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:40 PM   #32
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
I pay $480/year for my 750, full coverage with a $500 deductible. Liberty Mutual.
Older with a cleaner record by chance? and more years with them/with a bike as well is my guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
I don't know if everywhere gets a great deal. I was with Dairyland/Sentry insurance already with the SV... they happen to be the "cheap" ones with the Buell as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:53 PM   #33
NeonspeedRT
At Large

Moto: 2005 R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbs15 View Post
Nice!

I'm still through state farm at the moment... but I think I'll end up swaping over to USAA... cause my insurance is through Oregon... and since i'll be buying a house in Mississippi... it'd probably save me money to put the house, my trucks, and my bike all on one plan through USAA.

I hate to switch though... the office i use for State Farm has been fucking awesome! I may stay with them just because of how well they've taken care of me.
You may want to check before you swap. From what i've been told, USAA doesn't write motorcycle insurance direct anymore. They will write everything else for you, but they farm out motorcycle insurance to someone else. It may even be State Farm now. I know it was Progressive at one point in time.

Thats what I meant, i'm with USAA old school. I'm covered by them directly for everything. They don't cover everything "in house" anymore. I've been with USAA since around 1991.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
I don't know if everywhere gets a great deal. I was with Dairyland/Sentry insurance already with the SV...
I've heard good things about Dairlyland and Farmers insurance as well.

"Riding a motorcycle is like playing chess. Anyone can learn the moves, but it takes a lifetime to master the game."
NeonspeedRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #34
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

ahh ok... well as long as it's not going to cost me an arm and a leg... I'll be keeping my trucks and bikes under state farm... the only thing is I have to do extra leg work to register them and do the annual inspections paperwork for Oregon.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #35
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1

Quote:
what buell did you ride?
The XB9RCX I believe it was (the citycross edition of the XB9R). That thing jiggle the shit outta me!!!! My friend rode a regular XB9R on that same demo ride, and he hated it, too.
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #36
t-homo
WSB Champion

Dairyland wouldn't insure me on the R1. Must be because I'm 19.
t-homo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:08 PM   #37
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

Quote:
true but USAA goes by CC's so your 900RR and your R1 aren't that big a diff... going from a 600 to a 1300 would
do they? the price jump was negligable going from the hurricane to the fireblade. actually i think it was cheaper...
TWF Post whore #6

Last edited by Dave; 07-28-2008 at 02:10 PM..
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:53 PM   #38
No Worries
Keyboard Racer

Moto: Old Superbikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
It's just not a comfy bike to me. The ergos on the R1 (esp the '04 to '06) are much comfier to me.

And the R6 is still on the short list... and strangely, so is the Busa (though I'm still not sure if I'm comfortable with the attention that comes with riding one of those).
I get challenged all the time on my old GS, so the GSX-R 1300 would just be worse. I'm looking at two 98's. The ZX-9 is fast, comfortable, and can sport-tour with it's big fairing. The R1 is also fast, and can be made comfortable. Of course, the 98 R1 is more desirable than a new R1 because it is carbed and has the long-stroke engine for low-rpm power. Most of the old R1's I see were thrashed. But I've seen some nice low-mileage ZX-9's (post 97's are best) for $3500. They need suspension work and the jet needle has to be shimmed, but what a great bike.
No Worries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 08:01 PM   #39
Carolina
Says it's time to ride

Moto: 2003 honda CBR 954/ 2011 Road King classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty72 View Post
Yup, I was looking at $4k/year for the busa
$2800/year for a liter bike
$2K/year for a 750
and $295/year for my buell...

All the same coverage, full coverage, $500 deduct

hmmm, tough call.
USAA quoted me about the same and they did send me to progressive. Older models and newer bikes have drastic price differences.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:07 PM   #40
DLIT
Clit Commander

Moto: 2012 Ducati 1199 Panigale S

Quote:
true but USAA goes by CC's so your 900RR and your R1 aren't that big a diff... going from a 600 to a 1300 would
The only way you'll have USAA for your bike is if you're grandfathered in like me. They don't do that shit anymore.

DLIT is offline   Reply With Quote