Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 10-05-2008, 11:35 PM   #21
jeeps84
No longer MIA

Moto: 1987 GSXR 50, 1996 Ducati M900, 07 GSXR 750, 07 Harley Davidson Night Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
Still keep the V-Rod on the demo list. The squids I've smoked with it didn't observe any handling problems. Yeah it can scrape a peg when leaned way over, but haven't come across many cruisers that don't. Have never noticed a heat problem from the headers. Have ridden the Triumph Rocket, and the torque is ungodly, but the thing is immense, and it weighs almost 200lbs more than the V-Rod. Besides, these are "cruisers" -- one tends to value factors other than just sheer power... there's bikes with a much better chassis to go fast on than a cruiser one.
If you have never ridden one. BTW Both the rods I rode had forward controls. Standard rearsets should avoid the heat issue.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:58 PM   #22
6doublefive321
Resident Droog

Moto: 625 SMC, '08 Tuono R

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiSig1071 View Post
I'm lucky, my GSXR and SMC (and truck) are paid off, so as soon as I get a job that pays decent, I'm adding a SD to the garage.

Next time you go, you have to eat there, everything is really good, from the Burgers to the steaks to the salads. I'm hopefully heading up there in the spring, I'll post up, maybe you can come up and go for a ride.
Hell, yeah. Post up and we'll take the orange throbbers throught the hills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smittie61984 View Post
Are you talking about the guy on the R1 that got killed? Which a few died this weekend I think. I know one did on 129 between Turners and Blood Mountain. Some are speculating a GSP (Georgia State Patrol) pulled in front of them since someone said there was a GSP car with damage and paint on it. No one is sure yet. And I think someone died near Helen too but haven't heard much. Oh also heard of someone life flighted on Wolf Pen Gap road. Which hell we had two deaths in a town near me (Lawrencevile) I think Friday. Bad weekend I guess.

I found out you had to be 25 for the Demo rides. I'm 24 so I guess it wouldn't have mattered.
It may have been an R1. All I saw was a mangled blue bike in the ditch. I heard different stories as to what happened. All in all, it was a bad weekend if that many people went down.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #23
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfarson View Post
Still keep the V-Rod on the demo list. The squids I've smoked with it didn't observe any handling problems. Yeah it can scrape a peg when leaned way over, but haven't come across many cruisers that don't. Have never noticed a heat problem from the headers. Have ridden the Triumph Rocket, and the torque is ungodly, but the thing is immense, and it weighs almost 200lbs more than the V-Rod. Besides, these are "cruisers" -- one tends to value factors other than just sheer power... there's bikes with a much better chassis to go fast on than a cruiser one.
Well...I gotta go to the Buell dealer tomorrow. I was gonna take the 1125CR out while they put new lights on my bike. Maybe I'll take a Vrod out.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 05:11 PM   #24
CW AF 03
Ducatisti

Moto: 1098, Hypermotard S

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Tomorrow i am heading to the Ducati dealership in Little Rock to see the "Ducati Hyper Truck" and demo a Hyper Motard. They also have a 1098 demo so if you see some news coverage of a wild 5 state "Smokey and the Bandit" type police chase, you can just about figure they have pushed this stressed out, middle aged, country boy too far!

I will post up my riding impressions Monday as I will have a 6 hour round trip ride in order to experience V twin heaven first hand...And I doubt I will head straight home as the Ozarks have a twisty or two on the way...Carpe Dieme!
Both the Hyper and the 1098 are plenty of fun! They are almost polar opposites. Hyper has loads of torque and is easy to flick around, but doesn't like high speed and doesn't really have a top end. The 1098 has even more torque and LOVES going fast! Directions changes are easy, but I'm going to change the trail from 36mm to 30mm so that it finishes the corners better. Either way, you can't go wrong...
CW AF 03 is offline   Reply With Quote