Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-13-2008, 08:46 PM   #211
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by excessa View Post
It's happened before. people don't have to look you in the eye over the internet.
eye
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f10efe12f5551a7a.jpg (4.5 KB, 76 views)

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:03 PM   #212
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I own the board, I am married, but my wife is a nonrider and doesn't really like the time I spend with the board.

I have no business interest in this board. I am not out to make money. At most all I want to do is make this board self sufficient where I don't have to pay for it. I don't ask for donations as I don't need them because I started this board because my home was destroyed.

This board exists as a last resort. I wish I could post the endless threads we had on TwoWheelForum.com in the mod section begging Stew to let us do things to fix the board to stop the flow of regulars leaving the board because of the "improvements" VS made to our forum. This forum was started as a joke between the moderators and was agreed that this would be the best way to proceed by all of the moderators that I could call on the phone at TWF. It absolutely took everything out of me to turn my back on the board that got me into riding and became my home. It was not something I wanted to do. The forum admin before Stew, Shanman14, was a good guy and I pretty much destroyed his baby by creating this board. That is my biggest regret when it comes to the creation of this board is that I had to destroy his baby to get our home back.

When CFers started coming to my board, I had no idea it was even going on. I was on my honeymoon all last week and my board went from having my core group of friends at ~260 members to close to 400 members when I got home. I would like to meet the person that is saying that I am promoting my board to destroy your home, because I had no idea of it until after the fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:06 PM   #213
G-Rex
Where to next?

Moto: TL1000R, Hayabusa, R1150RT

As one of the aforementioned CFer's that headed over this way, I for one would like to say thanks for a place to hang. I like this board alot.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:11 PM   #214
Particle Man
Custom User Title

what doesn't kill us makes us stronger I guess.

and that's the end of my cliches for the night.

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:17 PM   #215
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Particle Man View Post
what doesn't kill us makes us stronger I guess.

and that's the end of my cliches for the night.
Hopefully absence won't make the heart grow fonder, but we'll have to let the chips fall where they may. Eventually we're going to have to get back up on the horse and not look back. Eventually he will reap what he sows and he will realize he looked a gift horse in the mouth and tempted fate when he made those changes.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:19 PM   #216
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Hopefully absence won't make the heart grow fonder, but we'll have to let the chips fall where they may. Eventually we're going to have to get back up on the horse and not look back. Eventually he will reap what he sows and he will realize he looked a gift horse in the mouth and tempted fate when he made those changes.
alrighty then

Old 11-13-2008, 09:24 PM   #217
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I own the board, I am married, but my wife is a nonrider and doesn't really like the time I spend with the board.

I have no business interest in this board. I am not out to make money. At most all I want to do is make this board self sufficient where I don't have to pay for it. I don't ask for donations as I don't need them because I started this board because my home was destroyed.

This board exists as a last resort. I wish I could post the endless threads we had on TwoWheelForum.com in the mod section begging Stew to let us do things to fix the board to stop the flow of regulars leaving the board because of the "improvements" VS made to our forum. This forum was started as a joke between the moderators and was agreed that this would be the best way to proceed by all of the moderators that I could call on the phone at TWF. It absolutely took everything out of me to turn my back on the board that got me into riding and became my home. It was not something I wanted to do. The forum admin before Stew, Shanman14, was a good guy and I pretty much destroyed his baby by creating this board. That is my biggest regret when it comes to the creation of this board is that I had to destroy his baby to get our home back.

When CFers started coming to my board, I had no idea it was even going on. I was on my honeymoon all last week and my board went from having my core group of friends at ~260 members to close to 400 members when I got home. I would like to meet the person that is saying that I am promoting my board to destroy your home, because I had no idea of it until after the fact.

Actually, I think what she was saying was mis-read. I'm pretty sure I know to whom she was referring, but I'll refrain from saying so in this post, but it wasn't you. It was, if I read it correctly, former CF members. IMO, the reason they (if I do in fact know whom she meant) started encouraging people to come over here had nothing to do with anything other than VS sucks, they know it sucks, they didn't like the way the change was handled, and they figured they'd let people know about a place that doesn't suck.

As a person who got a text letting me know what was going on early in the game, I can say with all certainty that the person who told me wasn't trying to further the interest of their business because both they and I know, no matter what board I'm on, they won't be making money off me! Even were it geographically possible, its not possible. Have I confused you enough?
2up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:29 PM   #218
Corey
AMA Supersport

Moto: Not a damn thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2up View Post
Actually, I think what she was saying was mis-read. I'm pretty sure I know to whom she was referring, but I'll refrain from saying so in this post, but it wasn't you. It was, if I read it correctly, former CF members. IMO, the reason they (if I do in fact know whom she meant) started encouraging people to come over here had nothing to do with anything other than VS sucks, they know it sucks, they didn't like the way the change was handled, and they figured they'd let people know about a place that doesn't suck.

As a person who got a text letting me know what was going on early in the game, I can say with all certainty that the person who told me wasn't trying to further the interest of their business because both they and I know, no matter what board I'm on, they won't be making money off me! Even were it geographically possible, its not possible. Have I confused you enough?
So what you're saying is that even though the cat is in the box with a potentially deadly substance, then quantum mechanics suggests the cat is both alive AND dead until the observation of its state is made?

Damn that VS is evil. Those poor poor cats.

"Your game is shit, your company is shit. Activision ruined you! Activision ruined you." - Francis
Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #219
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Quote:
So what you're saying is that even though the cat is in the box with a potentially deadly substance, then quantum mechanics suggests the cat is both alive AND dead until the observation of its state is made?

random schroedenger reference.... well done.

Old 11-13-2008, 09:31 PM   #220
2up
Waiting for Hello Kitty!

Moto: Nothing ATM, which makes me want to cry.

Quote:

Yes, exactly!

Damn it. I tried to be as clear as possible without posting the details that led me to my conclusion! Sorry, English is my second language. Not that I can actually speak Italian anymore but, that's beside the point!
2up is offline   Reply With Quote