Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 04-26-2010, 05:29 PM   #151
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amorok View Post
So I can put you through a BRC, an ERC, a sport bike or cruiser course, and a street riding course. How much more tiered do you want?
The ERC is a refresher of the BRC. I can't imagine how fucked up the sportbike class is going to be if MSF is doing it. We already have those and they are quite good in track day and racing schools. MSF needs to stay away from that shit, that's for damn sure.

Do they take you to the bar in the cruiser course....pfft.

It's not tiered. It's not even close to tiered, I don't think you even understand what a tiered system is, I suggest you research it.

I got a question, were you an instructor when you came to the rally last year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:33 PM   #152
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
This thread is why I want to develop a new class at the track....
OOh details! Will you provide bikes? I would totally fly in to take your class.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:15 PM   #153
racedoll
AMA Supersport

Moto: '04 Kawasaki ZX6RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101lifts2 View Post
Let me rephrase...the DMV test is harder because if you touch a foot down, you fail. In the MSF class, you can score a 16 outta 20 and still pass.
I put a foot down, got 5 points knocked off which allowed me to pass with a 95. It was the only thing I did wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchild View Post
The idea is it's better to have your partner behind you, usually at a bit of a distance, rather then some idiot in his toyota who thinks all bikers are asshats and deserve to be pushed when possible.
I know why he did it, this and to watch me. But it is like azoomm says below about women not like being watched. This is me, plus Erik is known to make a person feel about "yeah big" even if unintentional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
plus people in front of you make you want to keep up with them.
I never felt like I needed to keep up but I'm probably one of the few. Erik would slow down if he saw me not "keeping up".

Quote:
Originally Posted by azoomm View Post
Right. And, you and I know it makes sense... because we have experience. But, I've found that women [especially] have problems with being "watched." They feel they are being critiqued at every move. It might make it a bit easier if you let them know WHY you ride behind them, and that you might be watching - but we usually forget what you did after riding 100ft
Exactly.
racedoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:20 PM   #154
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by racedoll View Post
I never felt like I needed to keep up but I'm probably one of the few. Erik would slow down if he saw me not "keeping up".
That's the correct thing to do, ride your ride, unfortunately not everyone does that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger
Whatever,Stoner is a bitch! O.J. Simpson has TWO fucked knees and a severe hang nail on his left index finger but he still managed to kill two younger adults,sprint 200 feet to his car (wearing very expensive,yet uncomfortable Italian shoes) and make his get a way!!!
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #155
RACER X
AMA Supersport

Moto: '10 Tuono Factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinchy View Post

Licenced since 1981,
My dad taught me to ride and licences were far easier to come by back then!
The UK system is far far more expensive, currently approx $750 around my area as I recall!
The UK system or DAS as its called involves students actually getting out onto the highways in small groups with an instructor so they have some experience of street riding before the licence is awarded.
Only the CBT (Compulsory Basic Training), basicaly cone work, is restricted to an off street area.
2009 SFV Gladius - SOLD
2008 Hayabusa - SOLD.
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:32 PM   #156
Tsunami
Pug Queen

Moto: DR200, SV650

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
That's the correct thing to do, ride your ride, unfortunately not everyone does that.
And not everyone wants to slow down for newbies. Its hard to ride your own ride when everyone is zooming past you. I don't get why guys leave their newbie SO's behind.

When I used to ride with the ex husband he would ride painfully slow in front of me to make sure I don't ride over my head. And when our riding group got bigger, the more experience ones will get together for more "spirited" rides but the same ones would at times just want to take it easy as well as ones that just like riding slower in general which were newbie friendly rides. Everyone kept each other in view of their mirrors so no one gets left behind. Nothing sucks more than to have a newbie push themselves too hard trying to keep up so you have to wait around later on for an ambulance or a tow truck.
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:39 PM   #157
askmrjesus
Soul Man

Moto: '0000 Custom Turbo Cross (with jet kit).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
It's hard to ride your own ride when everyone is zooming past you.
Why? Are you being sucked into a vortex?

Quote:
I don't get why guys leave their newbie SO's behind.
It's because they suck.

Quote:
When I used to ride with the ex husband he would ride painfully slow in front of me to make sure I don't ride over my head. And when our riding group got bigger, the more experience ones will get together for more "spirited" rides but the same ones would at times just want to take it easy as well as ones that just like riding slower in general which were newbie friendly rides. Everyone kept each other in view of their mirrors so no one gets left behind. Nothing sucks more than to have a newbie push themselves too hard trying to keep up so you have to wait around later on for an ambulance or a tow truck.
Please pardon me for saying this, but fuck all that.

It's not anyone's responsibility to keep you from riding over your head.

Personally, I'm not going to waste time looking in the mirror for you. I have more important things to concentrate on, in the forward spectrum of vision.

Like, trees and shit.

I'll wait for you at all the intersections so you don't get lost, but aside from that, I'm riding my bike, and you're riding yours.

JC