Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > In the Garage or Shop > Mechanical or Tech

Old 05-21-2010, 10:41 PM   #1
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man
Default Suspension tuning question

So I rode someone elses 900 today and really noticed the difference in turn in which I can really only attribute to the fact that my bike has been lowered. It was like that when I bought it and I just sorta left it the way it was. So i rode this other 900 today and it handles way better than mine. i had my suspension set up by wheeler last year at the rally and after that i noticed an improvement.

So after work today I take my bike and raise it back up to stock height and take it for a ride. Just like I thought, big difference. Right away the bike is much easier to lean into the corner at speed and holds the line slightly better.

Anyway my real question is about suspension tuning. I had it set to my weight last year by wheeler and was wondering if the bike should be set up again. I can't do it, I just dont understand the black art of suspension tuning
Old 05-21-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

whose 900 was it? *checks garage for blade* i hear speedwerks in delaware is good for setup/tuning
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 11:14 PM   #3
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
whose 900 was it? *checks garage for blade* i hear speedwerks in delaware is good for setup/tuning
It was actualy just some dude I met in the parking lot of the shoppette on Dix. I went in to get a soda and some gum and he was parked in the same spot as me and we started talking. I wound up spending 45 minutes with him and mentioned that I hadnt ridden another 900 yet so he threw me the keys.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Quote:
Originally Posted by derf View Post
It was actualy just some dude I met in the parking lot of the shoppette on Dix. I went in to get a soda and some gum and he was parked in the same spot as me and we started talking. I wound up spending 45 minutes with him and mentioned that I hadnt ridden another 900 yet so he threw me the keys.
sweet deal. one of the other ncos from my unit has offered me a ride on his 09 zx10. just havent seen him yet you're more than welcome to take mine for another spin now that i have new rubber and no more nascar alignment
TWF Post whore #6
Old 05-21-2010, 11:19 PM   #5
derf
token jewboy

Quote:
sweet deal. one of the other ncos from my unit has offered me a ride on his 09 zx10. just havent seen him yet you're more than welcome to take mine for another spin now that i have new rubber and no more nascar alignment
Yeh i kinda was scared of your bike the one time I rode it. It really wanted to turn and I kept thinking the back wheel would eventually find a way to pass the front wheel
Old 05-21-2010, 11:27 PM   #6
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

well shes in great shape now. you guys still coming over for the party tomo?
TWF Post whore #6
Old 05-21-2010, 11:44 PM   #7
derf
token jewboy

gonna try but the kiddies are up at grandmas house. What time?
Old 05-21-2010, 11:57 PM   #8
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

3pm for bbq vball and other relaxed fam safe stuff. usual alcoholic adult shenanigans after 8ish

phenix yer welcome to attend if you want to explore jersey lol since i see you lurking
TWF Post whore #6
Old 05-22-2010, 07:27 AM   #9
Phenix_Rider
WERA White Plate

Moto: Ninja 650R

Quote:
3pm for bbq vball and other relaxed fam safe stuff. usual alcoholic adult shenanigans after 8ish

phenix yer welcome to attend if you want to explore jersey lol since i see you lurking
Yeah, that sounds like fun. I have to go to a cousin's thing at Villanova this morning, but I'll head over your way this afternoon. Text or PM me your address.

I'm halfway looking for a place to set up my shock if I ever get it mounted. And to tune my PCIII if I ever find the money to dyno it. Speedwerkes is pretty far down there. I'd be tempted to ride all the way down to Pocomoke if I made that trip. Would love to go demo a Fischer.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:04 AM   #10
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Yea you might want to adjust that but remember that the suspension was set up for weight and shouldn't be too affected IMHO. Didn't you also go to a 17 " front wheel?
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote