Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 07-21-2010, 12:06 AM   #1
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i
Default Phew... Finally got moved

Man.... last few months have been crazy, to say the least! Long story short.... I was living in a house with 2 other friends, and around March/April or so the house developed several bad water leaks (it was a tri-level so the bottom floor was in ground like a basement). Around may or so we were were having some nasty mold problems.... black mold, the worst and most toxic kind. We made the landlord well aware of this several times, and all she did was make excuses and point fingers at us, and never did anything about it (the leaks were from a cracking foundation.... melting snow + TONS of rain = leaks). There was mold growing up through the carpet in one room, and all over the walls in 2 other rooms. About a month or so ago we were all so fed up, and all of us were getting sick from the mold, s**t hit the fan with the landlord, as she was still insisting it was our fault (she claims it was 'yeast spores from a spilled beer that nobody cleaned up'..... yeeeeaaaaaa, she's really not very smart). All 3 of us broke our lease without much of any notice and moved out in the same week. Luckily I had already been looking for a new place to live since I was gonna be moving the next month anyways to be closer to work (I was doing the 120 mile/day commute thing), so I already had a place lined up, just had to move in a little sooner than planned. My dad drove down from Illinois July 4th weekend and I rented a big 24ft truck and we loaded everything up in one trip and got the hell outta there. Had to throw some of my furniture in the trash due to the mold... suckage!

But I found a pretty nice little house in rural Bostic, NC....waaaaay out in the country where I like to live (I HATE living in big cities with a passion!). And when I say it's out there..... just to get to a town (any restaurants, stores, walmart, etc) is either 18 miles one way or 22 miles the other way. I don't get any cell phone reception or anything out here. But it's nice and open and quiet with plenty of fresh air, just the way I like it. Plus my neighbor has chickens so I can get fresh eggs too, hahah

Nothing fancy.... 3 bedroom 2 full bath older house, but it's got a decent sized yard with plenty of space for me and Piggy, and it's in very good shape too. I don't need anything more

View from the front porch

Only thing it's missing.... a garage . Gonna have to build a little shed for the bike. Don't have to worry about theft out here, but would like to keep her out of the weather

Has a huuuuuge field out back with woods and trails and all that fun stuff

Been here a little over 2 weeks now and loving it! Finally starting to get settled in and unpacked. Just got my DSL hooked up so I can postwhore again, lol (had to surf when I wasn't busy at work before, haha). I kinda enjoyed my nice long commute I had before just cuz the route was fun as hell, but I gotta admit it is nice being only 21 miles away from work now, lol. So now I only have about 42 miles/day instead of 120

Grass was also getting tall, so I picked this bad boy up this last weekend. Not perfect but overall in pretty good shape for the age, and she runs great, and I couldn't pass it up for the price. Craigslist FTMFW!!

Had one little mishap first time I was out cutting the grass, but it ended up just being something simple (the little C-clip holding the wheel on wasn't snapped in all the way), Snapped it back in and no more probs since

Glad I'm finally able to relax for once in what seems like forever.... been non-stop lately, lol. Hopefully I've finally washed my hands of that dumb bitch of a landlord..... waiting to see if she tries to take any of us to court for breaking the lease... we'll see. I took pictures of everything so she really doesn't have a chance, but I'd really like to just be done with it regardless. Getting caught up on some much needed R&R now, then time to start planning another roadtrip

And just for the record.... moving f'ing sucks!!!!! Hopefully this will be the last time for a good long while. This is the 4th time I've moved now since 2008, I'm about ready to stay in one place for awhile, hahah

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 12:10 AM   #2
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Cool freaking beans man. I love the living in the country. No that many around here for sale though.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
karl_1052
sergeant hatred

Moto: The bus

Did you buy it?
Old 07-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #4
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man

Is it a trailer?
derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:20 AM   #5
LeeNetworX
SFL Expatriate #1

Moto: '09 Triumph Speed Triple

Beautiful views.
LeeNetworX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:59 AM   #6
shmike
Follower

Awesome place, Jared.

I love how a single guy living in a 3/2 on a huge lot with gorgeous views refers to it as "nothing fancy".
Old 07-21-2010, 05:49 PM   #7
gavilan
Street Stunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmike View Post
Awesome place, Jared.

I love how a single guy living in a 3/2 on a huge lot with gorgeous views refers to it as "nothing fancy".
lol

I was going to say ...

I read "a little house" and saw the pictures. I laughed.

Awesome place, though!
gavilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:07 PM   #8
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

What's the rent if you don't mind me asking?

Wouldn't doubt it's half what a 1-bedroom apt costs over here.
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #9
thirdgenlxi
They call me a ride whore

Moto: 2004 CBR 600 F4i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeslice View Post
What's the rent if you don't mind me asking?

Wouldn't doubt it's half what a 1-bedroom apt costs over here.
$550/month + utilities. The only real utility though is electric.... well water and septic tank so no cost there. We don't get trash pickup out here either, gotta take the trash down to the transfer station, which luckily is about 1/4 mile down the road. That's $100/year. That's about it other than internet (DSL) which is $37/mo. Also since I have no cell phone service, I picked up a Magic Jack and got a phone number through them, so $20/year for home phone service. Not too bad I don't think

Black/Red '04 CBR 600 F4i - 253,500 miles and counting
Black '89 Accord LX-i sedan - 435,200 miles still going strong

States visited on my F4i

facebook.com/thirdgenlxi
thirdgenlxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 09:09 PM   #10
Cutty72
Ride Naked.

Moto: 08 BUELL 1125R, 05 SV650S

Awesome place Jared!! I'm with you on needing to be out of town. Eventually I'd like to find something similar to what you have there, and cheap too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post
Again... Cutty you are one smart man!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
If I have to get help to get it back up, I dont need to be riding it.

3662 Supply NCO

Cutty72 is offline   Reply With Quote