Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 08-29-2010, 02:31 PM   #1
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Default Got My Heart's "Desire"... Another Android Thread.

Well, I finally got the Desire from US Cellular. It is very similar to the Nexus One other than a bit more memory, HTC sense, 720p video AND THE CARRIER ACTUALLY HAS TOWERS IN THIS AREA!!!! Another cool feature is USC navigation app that is run by TeleNav and works BETTER in a lot of ways than Google. Of course, it is lacking Google's cool features like a pic of the location when you get there, programmable poi's, etc but it is a lot smoother.

BTW I'm selling my N1 here if anyone is interested,

http://androidcommunity.com/forums/f...76/#post340829

I've been waiting for USC to get a decent phone for some time as their coverage is the best in this area by far!
http://mobile.engadget.com/2010/08/2...today-for-200/
Amber Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:30 AM   #2
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Dude, you change phones more often than you change your socks

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 08:37 AM   #3
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

I am surprised you didn't wait for the galaxy version for us cellular.
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:14 AM   #4
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
I am surprised you didn't wait for the galaxy version for us cellular.
T Mobile's crap coverage was costing me money in missed jobs... Besides, USC has a 30 day trade policy so if the Galaxy comes out before then, I may change. We'll see.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
Trip
Hold mah beer!

Moto: 08 R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Lamps View Post
T Mobile's crap coverage was costing me money in missed jobs... Besides, USC has a 30 day trade policy so if the Galaxy comes out before then, I may change. We'll see.
You won't make it. It comes out in October so you will go over 30 days, normally you are on top of this stuff. This surprises me.

http://www.phonedog.com/2010/08/27/samsung-galaxy-s-hitting-u-s-cellular-in-october/
Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:24 PM   #6
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
You won't make it. It comes out in October so you will go over 30 days, normally you are on top of this stuff. This surprises me.

http://www.phonedog.com/2010/08/27/s...ar-in-october/
Yea I know about the supposed date AND I know about their supposed 30 policy... What they don't know is that I have literally hours to spend on hold in between jobs... I already got them to waive the activation fee. Besides, I really liked my N1, I just couldn't deal with the coverage anymore, I lost almost $1,000 last month from missed calls. I hated the Acclaim but I really like the Desire, it's the N1 plus Sense and a few other goodies so no loss. Even if I have to "slum" it with this phone a few months, I think that I'll make it somehow... BTW I'm not sold on the galaxy phones anyway...and I'm not sure which variant USC will be carrying. I don't want a keyboard, I do want a flash and I'd like to have the front facing camera or I'd stick with HTC, they've been good to me so far.
Old 08-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #7
Rangerscott
Viff6N Mutated Warrior

Moto: '01 Honda VFR 800 & '09 ER-6N

Are y'all paying full price for halls phones? You get a new one every 3 months.
Rangerscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:22 PM   #8
Akilldema
Canyon Carver

Moto: FJR1300

I got a Desire too. My friend has a Captivate (AT&T Galaxy S) and there's really no advantage with it. It has a nicer display, but mine takes better pictures and has a built in LED light (flash). You don't really see the difference in the display size, and the quality looks almost identical. Not to mention I got a BOGO on the Desire, doubt it'd be possible with the Galaxy S model, assuming I'd even want it. Plus the Desire's display allegedly uses 1/5th less battery than the Galaxy S's S-AMOLED.

Last edited by Akilldema; 08-30-2010 at 09:24 PM..
Akilldema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 09:42 PM   #9
Amber Lamps
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akilldema View Post
I got a Desire too. My friend has a Captivate (AT&T Galaxy S) and there's really no advantage with it. It has a nicer display, but mine takes better pictures and has a built in LED light (flash). You don't really see the difference in the display size, and the quality looks almost identical. Not to mention I got a BOGO on the Desire, doubt it'd be possible with the Galaxy S model, assuming I'd even want it. Plus the Desire's display allegedly uses 1/5th less battery than the Galaxy S's S-AMOLED.
True dat! Yea, I've been amazed at my battery life as well. Then there's the HTC Sense vs Samsung TouchWhiz... I liked my N1 so this is an easy transition.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:10 PM   #10
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

I'm hijacking, bumped to a custom rom on the latest froyo build for droid with an 1100 mhz kernel. Fucker is flying now. Pounding out 15 flats on linpack
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote