Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Sports Bar

Old 11-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #1
derf
token jewboy

Moto: CBR 900, KLR ugly ass duckling, Gas Man
Default My thread title was way to F#*King long so a mod had to change it for me.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/in..._paralyze.html

Quote:
The spinal cord injury sustained by Rutgers football player Eric LeGrand, who was paralyzed during a game against Army on Oct. 16, has been reclassified from a complete spinal cord injury to an incomplete spinal cord injury, the LeGrand family announced today through the Rutgers sports information department.
"Having an incomplete injury is a better overall prognosis than having a complete injury," said Steven Kirshblum, the medical director of the Kessler Institute of Rehabilitation, where LeGrand is currently receiving treatment, speaking generally about spinal cord injuries.
Kirshblum, however, was careful to point out that spinal cord injuries are unique to the patient.
"Every case is individualized," Kirshblum said. "One should always maintain hope."
The family also announced that LeGrand, a 20 year old from Avenel, has been removed from a ventilator and is able to breathe on his own for first time since the injury.
“We want to thank everyone for all of the love and support for Eric, it has really been beneficial to his recovery,” the LeGrand family said in a statement released by Rutgers. “Please continue to keep Eric in your prayers.”
Rutgers coach Greg Schiano addressed LeGrand's condition in a meeting with reporters.
"Eric continues to make some progress," Schiano said. "He's a fighter through and through. He has continued to push the envelope with the doctors and everyone. He wants to do what he can do and keep doing it.
"It's going to be a long road back. This is a great milestone for him right now in his recovery. He has a lot of work ahead of him. He knows that. We're all here to support him. We just ask for the continued prayers of everyone because our prayers are being answered.

"I think his spirits are good. He's an incredible person. He amazes me day after day with his outlook, his attitude. Until you're put in that position, no one knows how they'll respond to it.''
Rutgers announced on Nov. 3 that LeGrand had been admitted to Kessler, in West Orange, after spending the weeks immediately following his injury at Hackensack University Medical Center. LeGrand had momentarily left Kessler for St. Barnabas Medical Center earlier this month due to a high fever.
Old 11-24-2010, 12:25 AM   #2
Homeslice
Elitist

Moto: Gix 750

thread title ownage

teh interweb 0wnz j00
Homeslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:54 PM   #3
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

nice title

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote