Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 11-01-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
PiZdETS
⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝

Moto: ⎷⎛⎝ ⎝⏠⏝⏠⎠ ⎷⎛⎝
Angry I think he weighs more than the bike

I bet that makes Japanese designers and engineers facepalm so hard. The thousands of hours they spent honing and tuning every gram of weight out of it they could. And then that guy get's on it and doubles it's weight.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:00 AM   #2
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Imagine how much that's gonna hurt when he hits the ground with all that mass.

This is why there are bikes of different sizes. When I read a magazine bitching that their 5'6" 125lb reviewers can't touch the ground, I want to beat them down. Everything isn't sized for a woman you dick.

This guy should have bought a bike that fit HIM. That bike ain't it.

I make a Uly look small. I would probably make a 600 look like a pocket bike.

That dude is a big bastard, but even if he went on a diet, that bike would be too small for him.
FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:26 AM   #3
JoJoYZF
Bring on the Zombies!

Moto: 2000 Yamaha YZF600R

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT BSTRD View Post

This is why there are bikes of different sizes. When I read a magazine bitching that their 5'6" 125lb reviewers can't touch the ground, I want to beat them down. Everything isn't sized for a woman you dick.

That dude is a big bastard, but even if he went on a diet, that bike would be too small for him.
That fuckers gonna hurt the ground more than it hurts him.
JoJoYZF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:13 AM   #4
MikeSP1
Perpetual trouble

Moto: VTX 1300C, RC51, CBR600RR, CBR929RR

Quote:

I'm sorry, but that's how big I am, and I rock a 700lb cruiser and a homologation race bike and I can pick both of them up from the ground, alone. Just because I'm small doesn't mean I can't do something, I just have to get inventive or simply be strong enough.
But I agree with the fact that the bike and rider need to "fit" each other. When I was still living in FL, I was sitting at a light when a girl, smaller than Rae, on a KLR 650 rolled up in the other lane. There was no way she could've touched even one toe without dropping the bike. But she improvised, leaned out so that her left hamstring was on the seat and ballerina tipped her right foot so that she could keep the bike upright. Bike and rider definitely didn't "fit," but she made it work. This poor slob needs something about the size of a ZX14 or Harley.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out, leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"
MikeSP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:39 AM   #5
OTB
The Man

Moto: 00 Bimota DB4

I am 6'2" and weih in the 200# neighborhood. I happen to fall in to range for ssuspensionn adjustability for my bike for the street. If I didn't, or I want to go to the track, I can purchase spring and shock kits from Ohlins and Paoli to work for my weight.

I adjusted the controls to fit me, I have a 36" inseam and long arms; others that have ridden my bike call it uncomfortable; I am good for all day rides and I am a truly Olde Farte, with arthritis and three bad disks in my lower back.

If some guy wants to ride with the skinny little seat shoved up his ass, let him,, just somebody please photoshop out the "plumber's butt"......owww..my eyes.....
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:36 AM   #6
NONE_too_SOFT
Chopstix / \

Moto: 03 CBR RR

Quote:

that guy, actually, shouldnt be riding at all. you gotta know your limits. when you're taking up the ENTIRE car at the amusement park, you have to give in and just accept that there are some things in life your fat ass cant do.
NONE_too_SOFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:36 AM   #7
Dave
Chaotic Neutral

Moto: GV1200 Madura, Hawk gt

i just want to know why he has the schmeasy transportation system half engaged
TWF Post whore #6
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:02 AM   #8
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Ehh he's a fellow rider... a large one... but he rides... I do think he needs to put on some gear...

the dude has to know he makes the bike small so he knows everyone stares... Props to him... most people that size want nothing more than to hide in a corner... out of sight.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:08 AM   #9
Mr Lefty
TWFix Legend

Moto: 01 BMW F650GS Dakar

Quote:

they don't make 600's in S M and L... so in order to get a BIGGER bike you've gotta up the cc's... so does that mean old dude has to start on a 1000cc's?

even with his weight... that 600 will still haul ass... faster than most cars

unless you were talking about if he's over the GVW... then I agree... but if he's a new rider... what choice is he left with really other than to step up in CC's.
Mr Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #10
FT BSTRD
Tractor Driver

Moto: Buell XB12X Ulysses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSP1 View Post
I'm sorry, but that's how big I am, and I rock a 700lb cruiser and a homologation race bike and I can pick both of them up from the ground, alone. Just because I'm small doesn't mean I can't do something, I just have to get inventive or simply be strong enough.
But I agree with the fact that the bike and rider need to "fit" each other. When I was still living in FL, I was sitting at a light when a girl, smaller than Rae, on a KLR 650 rolled up in the other lane. There was no way she could've touched even one toe without dropping the bike. But she improvised, leaned out so that her left hamstring was on the seat and ballerina tipped her right foot so that she could keep the bike upright. Bike and rider definitely didn't "fit," but she made it work. This poor slob needs something about the size of a ZX14 or Harley.

I'm not banging on anyone who is small. My complaint is in the press panning a bike because it's "too tall". Every single mag that reviewed my bike complained that the seat height was too high. Too high for what?

They should have said, the seat height is high for someone under 6', but it's a great bike for taller riders who need the extra leg room.

The writers instead sought to have Buell change the bike to suit THEM.

One of the control riders at the Nashville track day was about as big as that guy.
FT BSTRD is offline   Reply With Quote