Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > General > Off Topic

Old 11-14-2008, 02:52 PM   #1
neebelung
Ornery, scandalous & evil

Moto: 2004 Scarlet R1
Angry Surefire way to NOT get a call returned....

So I've been in training all week. Class was only half day today, so I'm back in my office this afternoon.

I've been popping into my office to check/handle emails and voicemails all week, so as not to neglect anyone, but sometimes you can't please them all....

I get this voicemail from some grumpy ol man up in PA; I've never spoken to him before, never even heard his name before (so it's not like he called me before and I forgot to get back to him)....

"Hi, this is Fred Moe... my number is 610-555-5555... call me back.... " then his voice trails off before he can manage to hang up, and he spits out "FUCKING BITCH.." then slams the phone down.

WTF????? I feel like calling him back and saying "This is the fucking bitch, returning your call...."
neebelung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
pickle.of.doom
el diablo de verde

Moto: VTR, CBR, DRZSM

I think Fred is his middle name. His first name is Hoe.

WOS Forums
pickle.of.doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #3
Rider
Moto GP Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by neebelung View Post
So I've been in training all week. Class was only half day today, so I'm back in my office this afternoon.

I've been popping into my office to check/handle emails and voicemails all week, so as not to neglect anyone, but sometimes you can't please them all....

I get this voicemail from some grumpy ol man up in PA; I've never spoken to him before, never even heard his name before (so it's not like he called me before and I forgot to get back to him)....

"Hi, this is Fred Moe... my number is 610-555-5555... call me back.... " then his voice trails off before he can manage to hang up, and he spits out "FUCKING BITCH.." then slams the phone down.

WTF????? I feel like calling him back and saying "This is the fucking bitch, returning your call...."
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:12 PM   #4
jtemple
Geek

Moto: 2011 Husqvarna TE630

Quote:
I'm just the type of person that would do that. I'm known around the office as "the guy that will say anything to anyone".
jtemple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:26 PM   #5
MILK
The cows want you dead.

Wow nee!!! We need to pair him up with the mom I am dealing with in cub scouts!! She IS a fucking bitch!!
MILK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #6
neebelung

I'm still just kinda scratchin my head about him... I really do want to call him back and say that, but if it got back to my director, it wouldn't bode well for me.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:08 PM   #7
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

I would wait for him to call you back, and when he does say" oh yes sir, I DID get that message, and the ugly name you called me at the end of it, and in light of that felt you must be in need of some time in which to cool off so you could behave in an adult, polite and professional manner. So i simply waited until you felt ready to call me back."
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:09 PM   #8
Particle Man
Custom User Title

Moto: 2003 SV650S

Quote:
I'm still just kinda scratchin my head about him... I really do want to call him back and say that, but if it got back to my director, it wouldn't bode well for me.
screw that

Tell him to bend over and suck it

Handle every stressful situation like a DOG: If you can't eat it or hump it, pi$$ on it & walk away.
Particle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 04:10 PM   #9
neebelung

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chi View Post
I would wait for him to call you back, and when he does say" oh yes sir, I DID get that message, and the ugly name you called me at the end of it, and in light of that felt you must be in need of some time in which to cool off so you could behave in an adult, polite and professional manner. So i simply waited until you felt ready to call me back."
Much more diplomatic than I planned on being, but more the tack I'm going to take. I'm suuuuure he'll call back, and I do intend to tell him the reason why he didn't get a call back.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #10
the chi
Forum Coach

Moto: 2006 GSXR 600

Quote:
Much more diplomatic than I planned on being, but more the tack I'm going to take. I'm suuuuure he'll call back, and I do intend to tell him the reason why he didn't get a call back.

Do it, DO EET!!

I have had to use that tactic both on the phone and in person. I do not put up with ugliness and have actually informed people that if they dont behave I am having them removed from my office. For some reason they dont take me seriously until my security shows up...then I have them issued trespass warrants. Problem solved.
and let it be known that what The Chi hath spoketh, will henceforth be done.
the chi is offline   Reply With Quote