Go Back   Two Wheel Fix > Riding > Street

Old 01-12-2009, 04:10 PM   #1
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Moto: nothing...
Default OSP's Mini-Bike Mayhem

At the bar the other night... a guy I BS with sometimes in there who is a member of a local stunt team says he has his lil' stunt mini-bike out in his van and is thinking about pissing around with it in the parking lot. A few gin and tonics later, we're out there... and he's rockin' circle wheelies and stoppies and such.

Intrigued by the little machine, I ask him to take it around the parking lot. Made it about 50 feet... Turned, bike started washing out, caught, and I high-sided. It was ugly.

Laying there I was laughing at my stupidity for a second... then I tried to get up. Knee buckled and I knew something was very wrong. Knee felt like a balloon full of rocks... I dragged myself over to the curb, straightened out my leg (which hurt very much bad). Ambulance arrived and I'm in the ER within a half hour.

Sit around the ER for a little while... pain not much of a factor, until knee is moved. Go to X-ray... Knee cap shattered into 3 big pieces and doc expects there to be a bunch more that cannot be seen directly. Now I have to wait to be sent to another hospital for surgery. All in all... I sat in the ER for 13.5 hours, until being transferred. They did have me doped up every couple hours with some Dilaudid, which was nice.

Long story short, 24 hours after getting to the new hospital, I'm prepped for surgery. I remember getting the 'cocktail', then waking up in the recovery room. I don't remember getting wheeled to my room, but I woke up next to some guy who was like 10,000 years old and was a snoring machine. Four screws and a bunch of wire, I am together.

The incident happend around 1am on Thursday... I got out of the hospital around 1pm yesterday. I get to lay on my couch for like 2 weeks until my follow-up visit... and there's no guarantee I am going to be cleared to return to work at that time. Estimated recovery time... 3 months.

At least I learned a few things...
1) I'm still a dumbass
2) Fat guys have no business on mini-bikes
3) Alcohol and two wheels don't mix, regardless of how small those wheels are
4) If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
OneSickPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:16 PM   #2
Rider
Moto GP Star

Damn dude. Here's to a quick and full recovery.
Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Shit. I'm sorry, but I'm laughing my ass off right now. Hope you get better soon. Jackass.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #4
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
Shit. I'm sorry, but I'm laughing my ass off right now. Hope you get better soon. Jackass.
650mg of percocets make me immune to your inane teasing... or is it that everyone else has been laughing at me too.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:24 PM   #5
marko138
DefenderOfTheBuelliverse

Moto: Buell XB12R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
650mg of percocets make me immune to your inane teasing... or is it that everyone else has been laughing at me too.
I honestly feel bad for you and hope you recover quickly...but knowing you and picturing this is pretty funny.

Quote:
Grandma said she doesn't want you here when she gets back because you've been ruining everybody's lives and eating all our steak.
marko138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #6
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
I honestly feel bad for you and hope you recover quickly...but knowing you and picturing this is pretty funny.
It's hilarious until I try to move... then it's much, much less funny.
Old 01-12-2009, 04:40 PM   #7
z06boy
Letzroll

Moto: 07 Red R1 & 07 Blue R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSickPsycho View Post
At least I learned a few things...

1) I'm still a dumbass
2) Fat guys have no business on mini-bikes
3) Alcohol and two wheels don't mix, regardless of how small those wheels are
4) If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough.
Ok this part is funny...the rest isn't though.

That sux man. Hope you recover fully and before too long. I've been layed up and on crutches for a few months in the past and it was NO fun. It wasn't my knee but my femur...ankle and foot...yep it sucked.
z06boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:41 PM   #8
smileyman
White Trash Hero

Moto: Buell 1125R Porco Rosso Edition

Good Gawd man! Hope you heal up soon and some pretty nurse (they are all pretty when your high I know)gives you some therapy!

I know so many guys who race supersport and open class bikes that get seriously F'd up on little machinery. You just never expect it from something that looks so innocent.

Let us know your progress!

Arkriders.com
To be the best you must first be willing to risk the worst!
smileyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:42 PM   #9
Quick281
Victim of Blazer Rapage

Moto: 06 GSXR 600

Holy shit that sucks. At least you survived and can tell the story. Hope your recovery is a quick and painless, but if it has to be long and painful than I hope you get sweet drugs.

My 06 GSXR 600 <-- Its Clickable Fools.
Quick281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:45 PM   #10
OneSickPsycho
Ride Like an Asshole

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileyman View Post
Good Gawd man! Hope you heal up soon and some pretty nurse (they are all pretty when your high I know)gives you some therapy!

I know so many guys who race supersport and open class bikes that get seriously F'd up on little machinery. You just never expect it from something that looks so innocent.

Let us know your progress!
That's it. I didn't respect it... Didn't even consider it a danger. DUMBASS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick281 View Post
Holy shit that sucks. At least you survived and can tell the story. Hope your recovery is a quick and painless, but if it has to be long and painful than I hope you get sweet drugs.
I got percocets... but they don't really fuck me up... the IV of dilaudid in the hospital ruined me in the hospital. Unfortunately they wouldn't let me take that home.